COVID-19 vaccine #19 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hold up, you’re the one who has mentioned that user - “you and your ilk” is to the poster I quoted - stop the tit stirring and bringing people in. If the shoe fits I guess.
I am not tit stirring - when you said ilk I thought you were referring to those posters on here who hold the same view. Apologies if not.

Why is it controversial? Because you’ve made a decision to do the opposite? don’t see me asking anyone who has had the vaccine why they had it and they’ve offered that information voluntarily and unprompted.
Nope - that isn't what makes something controverisal. I'm pretty irrelevant.

It would be a consensus opinion from paediatricians and other child health experts that turning down *all* childhood immunisations is highly controversial. Even the most ardent of "anti-vaxxers" tend to advise some of them due the the high risk of certain childhood infectious diseases.

As I said, there is a bellcurve of attitudes to vaccination in the UK, and this would sit at the most extreme end.

I pointed out the benefit/risk margin differs for different childhood immunisations - some are less important, some are more for the benefit of the population rather than the individual. These are the ones that are more often turned down. Others are considered incredibly important for the child themselves. If you're turning down meningitis, diptheria, tetatnus etc, that's a very different ball park to turning down 'flu.

Only just come across this thread but I never had the vaccines despite being immune-compromised. I'm one of the few people I know who hasn't ever gotten COVID. Only me and my partner, who also never had the vax, haven't ever had it. Of course we might have had it and not tested as I have never tested, but if I did have it him nor I were ever ill. Which leads to the question of why the duck did anyone need a vaccine in the first place? There is no evidence that it gives you an easier time if you do get it. It's a load of shite, I can not believe that anyone willingly took a vaccine that has no proper safety checks (vaccines go through years of trials, of course these ones didn't). I used to get the flu vaccine annually, I won't be having that from now on either as it seems they have added them both together. My mum who works at the hospital had an email saying "book in for your Covid 19 & flu vaccine". So yeah, no thanks. My mum also didn't get it, despite working through the "pandemic" that was apparently so bleeping terrible. It wasn't. What was terrible was her having to witness people dying every single day because the reason they were dying was going ignored, because they would instead treat "covid". Then when they finally succumbed to cancer, or kidney failure, they would instantly put this through as a Covid death, Of course! I feel sorry for anyone who actually believed the BS, I couldn't imagine a sadder life than to be that gullible.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Nope - that isn't what makes something controverisal. I'm pretty irrelevant.

It would be a consensus opinion from paediatricians that turning down all childhood immunisations is controversial. Even the most ardent of "anti-vaxxers" tend to get some of them due the the high risk of certain childhood infectious diseases.

As I said, there is a bellcurve of attitudes to vaccinate in the UK, and this would sit at the most extreme end.

I pointed out the benefit/risk margin differs for different childhood immunisations - some are less important, some are more for the benefit of the population rather than the individual. These are the ones that are more often turned down. Others are considered incredibly important for the child themselves. If you're turning down meningitis, diptheria, tetatnus etc, that's a very different ball park to turning down 'flu.
So in other words you feel I’m a bad parent for not giving my child any and all vaccinations and putting my children at risk. Ok - like I say - you are looking down your nose at me because I have made a decision different to one you would make. Thanks for proving my point.

Reactions: 6
[/QUOTE]
@Emmelina Ball
Why is it controversial? Because you’ve made a decision to do the opposite? don’t see me asking anyone who has had the vaccine why they had it and they’ve offered that information voluntarily and unprompted.

[/QUOTE]
It’s not controversial. These people are extremely boring and go through life ‘playing by the rules’ doing everything that they are told to do. They are annoyed that some people make their own decisions and don’t choose to do the same as them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
@Emmelina Ball

[/QUOTE]
It’s not controversial. These people are extremely boring and go through life ‘playing by the rules’ doing everything that they are told to do. They are annoyed that some people make their own decisions and don’t choose to do the same as them.
[/QUOTE]
Yea I’ve never in my life witnessed people so butt hurt over what someone else chooses to do. Very strange behaviour indeed! Maybe it’s a side effect of the big V 😜

Reactions: 7
So in other words you feel I’m a bad parent for not giving my child any and all vaccinations and putting my children at risk. Ok - like I say - you are looking down your nose at me because I have made a decision different to one you would make. Thanks for proving my point.
Nope, I'm answering the question you asked, factually.

It's not offensive to state it is considered controversial or unusual to turn down all childhood immunisations, it's just a fact.

Nope, I'm answering the question you asked, factually.

It is not a crazy thing to state it is considered controversial to turn down all childhood immunisations.
It comes across very much like you’re looking down your nose at me and judging by the engagement on my post I assume others also sense your patronising attitude. At least own it 🤷‍♀️

@StrawberryCream I cannot directly quote your comment for some reason but you don’t know anyone personally to say there are boring. 😂 I guarantee you I am not annoyed about yours or other people’s decisions.
I thought you were 60 years old going by your post history and was quite surprised when you said a while back that you were in your 20s. Make of that what you will.

• Haha
  • Wow
It comes across very much like you’re looking down your nose at me and judging by the engagement on my post I assume others also sense your patronising attitude. At least own it 🤷‍♀️
I'm not sure what you want from me @Emmelina Ball from this.

It's a controversial or unusual situation to turn down *all* childhood immunisations - I can say this because a very very small percentage of the population in the UK choose to do this. It's not my opinion, and I haven't made any comments about you specifically because it's none of my business.

You're the one reading into it and getting quite defensive.

Reactions: 1
Looks like a typo for 'elk', one presumes intended as a term of endeerment.
No typos here but glad to see you get your 2 cents in as always Dr

I'm not sure what you want from me @Emmelina Ball from this.

It's a controversial or unusual situation to turn down *all* childhood immunisations - I can say this because a very very small percentage of the population in the UK choose to do this. It's not my opinion, and I haven't made any comments about you specifically because it's none of my business.

You're the one reading into it and getting quite defensive.
I don’t want anything from you I don’t even know you?! This is getting a bit weird now..

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I wouldn't be surprised if any of these posters were the 77th tbh. Either that or have huge shares in big pharma 🤣

• Haha
I must make a bingo card for tattle.

-ivermectin
-the 77th
- "no worse than a cold"
-gene therapy
-WAKE UP

..what else?

EDIT: "Big Pharma"
Trust the science
Fact check
Misinformation
Anti vaxxers
Peer reviewed
Conspiracy theorists
Safe and effective

How many have you used newbie?

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.