COVID-19 vaccine #19 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a baffling reply.

No one can say the vaccines prevented exactly 30134512 deaths, and 129934512 cases of severe estimates. Of course any analysis done by a credible research group will derive estimates.

If anyone is telling you they have "concrete data" then they have no understanding of science. What do you mean by "concrete data"?
So no then you don’t have any data that isn’t all estimates is that what you’re saying? In other words they may have saved that amount of lives, they may not have - I guess we’ll never know.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think the best thing for people is to keep a good weight, exercise (even if walking everyday) and eat as best as possible. The pandemic definitely woke people up to keeping good health.
Unfortunately a lot of people think that they can be fat and sit on the couch all day but it’s ok because vaccines and medication will save them.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm just at a complete loss for words. They think it's acceptable to test a vaccine on a small number of mice and no humans? YIKES wtf??
They now know that most don't care about testing, They believe if it wasn't safe it would not be allowed to be given and nothing will shake them from that mindset

• Sad
Reactions: 9
So no then you don’t have any data that isn’t all estimates is that what you’re saying? In other words they may have saved that amount of lives, they may not have - I guess we’ll never know.
I think this is the first post that's genuinely shocked me on the thread 😅

I hate to break it to you but this is true for any health intervention that has ever existed, and ever will exist.

What you are asking for is literally impossible because of the complexity of humans & disease- scientists derive estimates.

Reactions: 2
I think this is the first post that's genuinely shocked me on the thread 😅

I hate to break it to you but this is true for any health intervention that has ever existed, and ever will exist.

What you are asking for is literally impossible because of the complexity of humans & disease- scientists derive estimates.
You aren’t breaking anything to me.

The fact of the matter is these people could well have all survived and thrived with or without vaccines. That’s why you and your ilk should stop looking down your nose at people who make an informed choice not to vaccinate. They aren’t the be all and end all, they are one measure that can be used by those who wish to use it in a toolbox full of many other measures that may be equally or even more effective.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm just at a complete loss for words. They think it's acceptable to test a vaccine on a small number of mice and no humans? YIKES wtf??
The vaccines have been tested on humans. Same technology has been applied to develop the BA.4/BA.5 bivalent boosters as they did for original the original Covid-19 vaccines.

This is similar to how they update yearly flu vaccines without having to go through additional clinical trials.

The fact of the matter is these people could well have all survived and thrived with or without vaccines. That’s why you and your ilk should stop looking down your nose at people who make an informed choice not to vaccinate. They aren’t the be all and end all, they are one measure that can be used by those who wish to use it in a toolbox full of many other measures that may be equally or even more effective.
No one is looking down at those who choose to vaccinate. 🤔 Yet look at all the comments regarding people who do choose to have the vaccine. Thought people didn’t care if other choose to get them. 🤷🏻‍♀️

You aren’t breaking anything to me.

I'm not sure how me saying (repeatedly) that it's everyone's individual decision as to whether they get vaccinated or not, and my only interest is that they're not being coerced by misinformation, is "looking down my nose".

Also not sure who "me and my ilk" are

Have posted several times on the contribution of many different factors in reducing COVID-related harms, and the infinite shades of grey when it comes to these views 🙃

The vaccines have been tested on humans. Same technology has been applied to develop the BA.4/BA.5 bivalent boosters as they did for original the original Covid-19 vaccines.

This is similar to how they update yearly flu vaccines without having to go through additional clinical trials.

No one is looking down at those who choose to vaccinate. 🤔 Yet look at all the comments regarding people who do choose to have the vaccine. Thought people didn’t care if they get them. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Quite right. I don’t care who does or doesn’t get them. I respect anyone to do what they want to do with their body. Perhaps take your frustrations up with whoever does care.

Reactions: 5
No one is looking down at those who choose to vaccinate. 🤔 Yet look at all the comments regarding people who do choose to have the vaccine. Thought people didn’t care if they get them. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I wouldn’t agree with that if you read @Ensay posts on this thread the last few days he has been posting angrily about anti-vaxxers and seems to have a hatred for those that don’t want to have vaccines.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm not sure how me saying (repeatedly) that it's everyone's individual decision as to whether they get vaccinated or not, and my only interest is that they're not being coerced by misinformation, is "looking down my nose".

Also not sure who "me and my ilk" are

Have posted several times on the contribution of many different factors in reducing COVID-related harms, and the infinite shades of grey when it comes to these views 🙃
You absolutely are looking down your nose. You’re one of the most patronising to return here. Yesterday you singled me out to ask me if I and my children are vaccinated. You then probed what way I make that decision asking if it’s a blanket ban. Don’t see you asking anyone else do they just decide yes we’ll have them all or no we’ll review them to see if we want them.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Quite right. I don’t care who does or doesn’t get them. I respect anyone to do what they want to do with their body. Perhaps take your frustrations up with whoever does care.
Why the comment above about the poster and their ilk looking down on people who choose not vaccinate when that is not the case. You spoke of your personal choice not to be vaccinated or for your children to get certain vaccines … I don’t see any comments to follow where people are looking down.

Why the comment above about the poster and their ilk looking down on people who choose not vaccinate when that is not the case. You spoke of your personal choice not to be vaccinated or for your children to get certain vaccines … I don’t see any comments to follow where people are looking down.
Yes I mentioned it and I’m singled out to ask if we vaccinate and then if it’s a blanket ban as if to try and make me look stupid that I don’t want any and all medicine because it’s described as a vaccine. I don’t need to explain everyone here can read and can see the patronising and demonising going on between the lines. Boring!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wouldn’t agree with that if you read @Ensay posts on this thread the last few days he has been posting angrily about anti-vaxxers and seems to have a hatred for those that don’t want to have vaccines.
You said to someone good luck with the ‘clot shot.’

@Ensay has posted that it should be everyone’s choice so not sure how that means he looks down on people who choose not to have it:

I'm not trying to goad anyone. I post my views and that's it. That's what this place is for, after all.

I agree it should be everyone's choice and I've long said that. It's the ridiculing of those who choose to take the vaccine that I think is wrong as though we're all stupid and misinformed, when I think it's clear that many of us are not. And yes, it's also wrong to ridicule people who choose not to take the vaccine as well.

Reactions: 1
You absolutely are looking down your nose. You’re one of the most patronising to return here. Yesterday you singled me out to ask me if I and my children are vaccinated. You then probed what way I make that decision asking if it’s a blanket ban. Don’t see you asking anyone else do they just decide yes we’ll have them all or no we’ll review them to see if we want them.
I asked that question because you specifically posted (completely unprompted) "they know me and my family don't vaccinate".

I was interested in whether you meant all vaccines, because when considering the bellcurve of attitudes to vaccination in the UK, that would be at the very extreme end, which puts your posts in context. I asked politely, and you did not need to answer.

The benefit/risk margin differs for different childhood immunisations - some are less important, some are more for the benefit of the population rather than the individual. Others are considered incredibly important for the child themselves. If you're turning down meningitis, diptheria, tetatnus etc, that's a very different ball park to turning down 'flu, and would be considered pretty controversial. HTH.

Yes I mentioned it and I’m singled out to ask if we vaccinate and then if it’s a blanket ban as if to try and make me look stupid that I don’t want any and all medicine because it’s described as a vaccine. I don’t need to explain everyone here can read and can see the patronising and demonising going on between the lines. Boring!
So it is not okay for someone to ask a question like this where there was no mockery or insults - just a question but it is okay for posters to ask others why they got vaccinated and will they be going for their booster or next vaccine if offered.

You said to someone good luck with the ‘clot shot.’

@Ensay has posted that it should be everyone’s choice so not sure how that means he looks down on people who choose not to have it:
Hold up, you’re the one who has mentioned that user - “you and your ilk” is to the poster I quoted - stop the tit stirring and bringing people in. If the shoe fits I guess.

I asked that question because you specifically posted (completely unprompted) "they know me and my family don't vaccinate".

I was interested in whether you meant all vaccines, because when considering the bellcurve of attitudes to vaccination in the UK, that would be at the very extreme end, which puts your posts in context. I asked politely, and you did not need to answer.

The benefit/risk margin differs for different childhood immunisations - some are less important, some are more for the benefit of the population rather than the individual. Others are considered incredibly important for the child themselves. If you're turning down meningitis, diptheria, tetatnus etc, that's a very different ball park to turning down 'flu, and would be considered pretty controversial. HTH.
Why is it controversial? Because you’ve made a decision to do the opposite? don’t see me asking anyone who has had the vaccine why they had it and they’ve offered that information voluntarily and unprompted.

So it is not okay for someone to ask a question like this where there was no mockery or insults - just a question but it is okay for posters to ask others why they got vaccinated and will they be going for their booster or next vaccine if offered.
I have never asked anyone those questions.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.