COVID-19 vaccine #19 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember that, but I'm not seeing a screenshot of that post, just my posts, which I admit are worthy of a second read - as are many of mine. ;)
It doesn’t fit into the one shot but I’ll attach them both, just for you.
D7407CA7-93CF-4C57-84D9-FCD84A871CF6.jpeg
467BB6AF-455E-4E8F-AFFE-CADB710FAC94.jpeg

Reactions: 2

Post too short
Out of interest, if people are offered boosters yearly, with no coercion to ever take them, no vaccine passports, no restrictions on travelling, etc - are you still against them?

It's just I honestly don't recall seeing opposition to yearly flu vaccines, which could be seen as boosters. And that was because people accepted that if you wanted one you could have one and if you didn't that was fine too. I honestly never saw any ridiculing in either direction. If we could get back to that mentality when it comes to future covid boosters, that would be ideal.

It doesn’t fit into the one shot but I’ll attach them both, just for you. View attachment 1572770View attachment 1572771
And, as I thought, the part about someone being close to you is towards the end and isn't the main part of your post.

Funnily enough, it was the idea of me goading you purely for posting my opinions, which you did today, only to go on to post screenshots of other posts I'd made to goad me. It's the hypocrisy that's amusing, not someone in your family having a seizure.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Out of interest, if people are offered boosters yearly, with no coercion to ever take them, no vaccine passports, no restrictions on travelling, etc - are you still against them?

It's just I honestly don't recall seeing opposition to yearly flu vaccines, which could be seen as boosters. And that was because people accepted that if you wanted one you could have one and if you didn't that was fine too. I honestly never saw any ridiculing in either direction. If we could get back to that mentality when it comes to future covid boosters, that would be ideal.

And, as I thought, the part about someone being close to you is towards the end and isn't the main part of your post.

Funnily enough, it was the idea of me goading you purely for posting my opinions, which you did today, only to go on to post screenshots of other posts I'd made to goad me. It's the hypocrisy that's amusing, not someone in your family having a seizure.
I’m sorry if you feel that way, I am not goading you, please do report me if you feel I am and let the mods take care of me as I deserve.

• Haha
I’m sorry if you feel that way, I am not goading you, please do report me if you feel I am and let the mods take care of me as I deserve.
It's not my style. I can cope with it and don't need mods defending me to be honest. Besides, I'd prefer for it all to be seen rather than posts getting deleted.

I accept your apology, though.

It's not my style. I can cope with it and don't need mods defending me to be honest. Besides, I'd prefer for it all to be seen rather than posts getting deleted.

I accept your apology, though.
I thought that, you obviously find it all funny if you’re laugh reacting anyway! Thanks appreciate it; I’ll await yours in the post 👀

Reactions: 5
Fair enough.

Personally speaking, I find it hard to believe I haven't ever had covid - as I've known and been close to people who did. It's entirely possible that my immune system (boosted by the vaccines) fought it off without me ever realising. After all, I did have mild flu like symptoms after my first vaccine, so it clearly triggered an immune response in me, that my body may well have used later.
Maybe that was covid ? a lot seemed to catch it from the vaccination centres .

Reactions: 3
I still wouldn't have one for the same reasons I've always had and I think it wouldn't be possible for a lot of people to think of them the same as a flu jab because trust has been broken with it all.

Reactions: 4
Maybe that was covid ? a lot seemed to catch it from the vaccination centres .
I had the vaccine late morning and I got the symptoms about 7pm the same evening - so about 8 hours later. And that was in line with the timescale explained by the nurse who gave me my vaccine.

If I'd picked up covid while in the doctors surgery, is it feasible symptoms would start on the same day? Most studies say the earliest symptoms generally start is 2 days after exposure, and can be as long as 14 days.

I still wouldn't have one for the same reasons I've always had and I think it wouldn't be possible for a lot of people to think of them the same as a flu jab because trust has been broken with it all.
That's fine. I've never had a problem with people having or not having the flu vaccine and I don't remember anyone ever saying others should or shouldn't have it. I liked how non divisive it all was pre-covid.

I had the flu jab, many didn't and no one ever said anything. As a libertarian that's how I think it should be.

I had the vaccine late morning and I got the symptoms about 7pm the same evening - so about 8 hours later. And that was in line with the timescale explained by the nurse who gave me my vaccine.

If I'd picked up covid while in the doctors surgery, is it feasible symptoms would start on the same day? Most studies say the earliest symptoms generally start is 2 days after exposure, and can be as long as 14 days.

That's fine. I've never had a problem with people having or not having the flu vaccine and I don't remember anyone ever saying others should or shouldn't have it. I liked how non divisive it all was pre-covid.

I had the flu jab, many didn't and no one ever said anything. As a libertarian that's how I think it should be.
They don’t really know as people vary, some have no symptoms at all.

Last edited:
They don’t really know as people vary, some have no symptoms at all.

I can't find a documented case of someone showing symptoms just hours after infection. So I'm pretty sure they were vaccine side effects, especially as they only lasted 24 hours and I was 100% fine after that. There was no feeling a bit naff a day or two after recovering from the main symptoms.

I thought that, you obviously find it all funny if you’re laugh reacting anyway! Thanks appreciate it; I’ll await yours in the post 👀
I don't find the subject funny and I've already said that, but you're clearly going to carry on acting like I do regardless of what I say.

Regarding the last part, let's just say there are lots of postal strikes at the mo. ;)

Last edited:
I can't find a documented case of someone showing symptoms just hours after infection. So I'm pretty sure they were vaccine side effects, especially as they only lasted 24 hours and I was 100% fine after that. There was no feeling a bit naff a day or two after recovering from the main symptoms.
Can you find a documented case of how long it took an asymptomatic person to get infected 🤷🏼‍♀️ We all have our own theories on how the virus/ vaccine affects us, how do you know it even triggered an immune response without a blood test? You’re just going on what the nurse told you .

Reactions: 2
Can you find a documented case of how long it took an asymptomatic person to get infected 🤷🏼‍♀️ We all have our own theories on how the virus/ vaccine affects us, how do you know it even triggered an immune response without a blood test? You’re just going on what the nurse told you .
There are studies which have looked into incubation periods of the virus as well as how many days it takes for people to show symptoms/how long they are contagious for.

Similarly, the same has been done for immune response. Both are studied - it is not a theory or guess work.

Because it'd be a massive coincidence if it wasn't the vaccine considering it:
- Happened within the usual time frame
- Was in line with the common side effects (shivering, mild fever, etc)

I don't know for sure, but I believe the evidence supports it and no one can say for sure I'm wrong.

There are studies which have looked into incubation periods of the virus as well as how many days it takes for people to show symptoms/how long they are contagious for. Similarly, the same has been done for immune response. Both are studied - it is not a theory or guess work.
For all we know the world could be asymptomatic and those with symptoms in the minority , there’s no proof either way.

Because it'd be a massive coincidence if it wasn't the vaccine considering it:
- Happened within the usual time frame
- Was in line with the common side effects (shivering, mild fever, etc)

I don't know for sure, but I believe the evidence supports it and no one can say for sure I'm wrong.
I’m not saying you’re wrong it’s what you believe, I’m just saying you’ve not got any proof either way just like I don’t have any 🤷🏼‍♀️

The title from the Twitter account is misleading to what the paper talks about. It does not say and nor did it find that “for every one covid hospitalisation prevented, 18- 98 actual serious adverse events have been caused.”

What it does talk about is a hypothetical scenario of a campus of 30,000 young adults receiving the booster - could expect more SAEs (18 to 98)…

9883E5BF-01FD-43F6-BA8C-C75CC8243063.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.