COVID-19 vaccine #17 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't any supplements at all .
I take D because I don't go out enough, and get very depressed come the the darker days if I don't have enough.. Bs because low Bs run in my family.. most of my family have to have B12 injections but I have manage to avoid that. I also take a few things for immune system because I have a number of autoimmune conditions.

Reactions: 6
I take D because I don't go out enough, and get very depressed come the the darker days if I don't have enough.. Bs because low Bs run in my family.. most of my family have to have B12 injections but I have manage to avoid that. I also take a few things for immune system because I have a number of autoimmune conditions.
We've never been a family that were ever into supplements it's not really a thing amongst our community .

Supplementing is sensible even if you eat a well balanced diet our food and soil that food is grown in is simply not what it once was so you don’t get the same vitamins and minerals out of it that you would have previously.

For supplements to work effectively you’re best opting for high quality products that contain no fillers/bulkers or binding agents etc, also preferably food grown vitamins.

Many people could benefit taking vitamin supplements the issue is people think that because “nothings wrong” that they don’t need them but it’s about being proactive with your health. Many are quick to take a vaccine to prevent ill health but aren’t as proactive about taking their own measures to be in optimal health so that when they do become sick their body is best equipped to fight it.

Reactions: 8
We've never been a family that were ever into supplements it's not really a thing amongst our community .
What community do you belong to? I never took them really, barring vitamin D3 capsules. I do think people can get what they need from food, but I think even soil is poorer these days, so the nutrients aren't as good as they would have been even as recent as 50/60 years ago.

Reactions: 1
Supplementing is sensible even if you eat a well balanced diet our food and soil that food is grown in is simply not what it once was so you don’t get the same vitamins and minerals out of it that you would have previously.

For supplements to work effectively you’re best opting for high quality products that contain no fillers/bulkers or binding agents etc, also preferably food grown vitamins.

Many people could benefit taking vitamin supplements the issue is people think that because “nothings wrong” that they don’t need them but it’s about being proactive with your health. Many are quick to take a vaccine to prevent ill health but aren’t as proactive about taking their own measures to be in optimal health so that when they do become sick their body is best equipped to fight it.
Yes, I would rather take a few supplements to help my immune system than any vaccine.

• Heart
What community do you belong to? I never took them really, barring vitamin D3 capsules. I do think people can get what they need from food, but I think even soil is poorer these days, so the nutrients aren't as good as they would have been even as recent as 50/60 years ago.
I mean my family/ friends etc I don’t know of anyone takes them . I think genetics dictates health .There’s nothing wrong with popping pills if you feel they’re of benefit.

Reactions: 2
Yes, I would rather take a few supplements to help my immune system than any vaccine.
Absolutely, same here! I found from I began taking vitamin supplements I have so much more energy and even my mood has been much more stable. Vitamins and minerals have amazing therapeutic benefits in so many conditions. Of course because there is no profit to be made and only health to be improved these benefits are never sold or shared widely enough! It always struck a chord with me during the pandemic that there was never any encouragement at achieving and maintaining a healthy lifestyle instead they offered kebab vouchers for taking vaccines, says it all really!

• Heart
Absolutely, same here! I found from I began taking vitamin supplements I have so much more energy and even my mood has been much more stable. Vitamins and minerals have amazing therapeutic benefits in so many conditions. Of course because there is no profit to be made and only health to be improved these benefits are never sold or shared widely enough! It always struck a chord with me during the pandemic that there was never any encouragement at achieving and maintaining a healthy lifestyle instead they offered kebab vouchers for taking vaccines, says it all really!
Our food today is lacking the goodness that other generations benefited from, it also lacks the taste that I enjoyed as a younger person.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Our food today is lacking the goodness that other generations benefited from, it also lacks the taste that I enjoyed as a younger person.
Yep, some fruits are up to 38% less nutritious than 70 years ago. Between that and GMO produce the world really is fucked.

Reactions: 4
I mean my family/ friends etc I don’t know of anyone takes them . I think genetics dictates health .There’s nothing wrong with popping pills if you feel they’re of benefit.
Quoting myself because this about sums up my take on things, placebo effect.

There is no comparison between home grown and supermarket produce be it organic or not.
Organic food isn’t just about the taste either it’s how it’s actually grown that matters to me. I prefer organic produce because I don’t like the idea of eating food that contains antibiotics and hormones, artificial flavours, artificial pesticides, artificial preservatives and colours.

I grow lots of fruit and veg myself and agree with you there really is no comparison. I do buy organic produce where I can and it’s not for the taste it’s for the assurance that I’m not filling my body full of rubbish! In the U.K. you can’t just label anything as organic either it has to be at least 95% organic.

Reactions: 4
I don’t see the issue with that tbh, isn’t it up to them what they put in there body? People are using the term anti-vax now like it’s some dirty word to be associated with when in reality it just shows you don’t respect this persons decision of what goes in their body. You take a vaccine to protect yourself so who cares if someone else doesn’t want it? Someone not taking a vax doesn’t harm you?
What utter stupidity, honestly hope you don't have children. You just have to look at what happened in the USA with anti-vaxxers, I'm talking pre-covid. A childhood disease called MEASLES that was basically eradicated in modern society has wreaked havoc there because people believe vaccinations are bad for their children. You're not just protecting yourself, you are protecting the wider community.

And that is the whole crux of why I dislike most anti-vaxxers. They are too stupid to understand the science and the impact these things have on the wider community.

I suggest you read actual science, not science fiction

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Only on price ,my butcher is not organic but his meat is delicious compared to Tescos
My butcher is the local famer and it taste amazing but I'm talking about the taste of home grown fruit and veg to supermarket. its tasteless as is their organic stuff.

Go to a real organic farm and its nothing like supermarket stuff. our fruit and veg is grown for perfection in looks and they don't care what the inside is like, pretty much like people these days all looks and no substance 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What utter stupidity, honestly hope you don't have children. You just have to look at what happened in the USA with anti-vaxxers, I'm talking pre-covid. A childhood disease called MEASLES that was basically eradicated in modern society has wreaked havoc there because people believe vaccinations are bad for their children. You're not just protecting yourself, you are protecting the wider community.

And that is the whole crux of why I dislike most anti-vaxxers. They are too stupid to understand the science and the impact these things have on the wider community.

If your vaccine works why do you need me to have one too? And don’t give me the “people who can’t have one rely on you to have one to eradicate the disease” so it’s ok for some not to have it but not me or my kids 😴

The vaccines worked well at eradicating covid didn’t they?

Measles are typically a mild illness in the majority of people. The complications of measles are rare. Quit scare mongering.

There has been quite a lot of controversy around the MMR vaccines because of some people’s belief that it causes autism. This was fuelled further by Andrew Wakefield and his very flawed study which was discredited.

• Haha
My butcher is the local famer and it taste amazing but I'm talking about the taste of home grown fruit and veg to supermarket. its tasteless as is their organic stuff.

Go to a real organic farm and its nothing like supermarket stuff. our fruit and veg is grown for perfection in looks and they don't care what the inside is like, pretty much like people these days all looks and no substance 😂
I'm sure our local Sainsburys are freezing the fruit the bananas are a weird shade of brown/green lol ,unless Boris is already bypassing the EU standards for the unregulated toxic dump produce from Japan 😂

If your vaccine works why do you need me to have one too? And don’t give me the “people who can’t have one rely on you to have one to eradicate the disease” so it’s ok for some not to have it but not me or my kids 😴

The vaccines worked well at eradicating covid didn’t they?

Measles are typically a mild illness in the majority of people. The complications of measles are rare. Quit scare mongering.
I'm not talking about covid and covid vaccines. I;m talking proper anti-vaxxers who should be wearing tinfoil hats and if that includes you then so be it.

Just fyi measles is not a "mild illness" it can leave children with severe health problems and complications. Again you just confirm what I already knew and that is real anti-vaxxers do not understand the science.

Anyway sorry for disrupting the thread to talk about other vaccines

• Sick
Reactions: 2
I'm not talking about covid and covid vaccines. I;m talking proper anti-vaxxers who should be wearing tinfoil hats and if that includes you then so be it.

Just fyi measles is not a "mild illness" it can leave children with severe health problems and complications. Again you just confirm what I already knew and that is real anti-vaxxers do not understand the science.

Anyway sorry for disrupting the thread to talk about other vaccines
Does it not include general vaccines too ?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.