COVID-19 vaccine #17 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not talking about covid and covid vaccines. I;m talking proper anti-vaxxers who should be wearing tinfoil hats and if that includes you then so be it.

Just fyi measles is not a "mild illness" it can leave children with severe health problems and complications. Again you just confirm what I already knew and that is real anti-vaxxers do not understand the science.

Anyway sorry for disrupting the thread to talk about other vaccines
Measles are a mild illness for the majority of people. Most recover in 2-3 days. It requires 4 days off school. Stop scare mongering. The complications of measles are rare.

Reactions: 4
Does it not include general vaccines too ?
I was about to say this, the title of the thread mentions general vaccine talk.

Measles are a mild illness for the majority of people. Most recover in 2-3 days. It requires 4 days off school. Stop scare mongering. The complications of measles are rare.
Scare mongering is what another poster was doing a couple of days ago - commenting that people are dropping and the vaccine is designed to kill people.

Regarding measles - NHS advice is to stay off nursery, school or work for at LEAST 4 days from when rash appears. According to WHO between 2000- 2018, measles vaccination prevented an estimated 23.2 million deaths. It also classes measles as “a highly contagious, serious disease caused by a virus.”

Last edited:

Scare mongering is what another poster was doing a couple of days ago - commenting that people are dropping and the vaccine is designed to kill people.
It's been changed a lot of times so wasn't sure .

Did they? Cool. That doesn’t cancel out that this person is scare mongering. Measles are a mild illness in the majority of people, that’s a fact. Like all illnesses some people go on to develop complications - this is rare according to the NHS. Mumps is a mild illness and usually passes without any serious damage to someone’s health. Again according to the NHS. Rubella is even milder and known as “3 day measles”.

Reactions: 6

Regarding measles - NHS advice is to stay off nursery, school or work for at LEAST 4 days from when rash appears. According to WHO between 2000- 2018, measles vaccination prevented an estimated 23.2 million deaths. It also classes measles as “a highly contagious, serious disease caused by a virus.”
You'd be lucky if you're over measles in 4 days ,it's even worse if you catch it as an adult .

Did they? Cool. That doesn’t cancel out that this person is scare mongering. Measles are a mild illness in the majority of people, that’s a fact. Like all illnesses some people go on to develop complications - this is rare according to the NHS. Mumps is a mild illness and usually passes without any serious damage to someone’s health. Again according to the NHS. Rubella is even milder and known as “3 day measles”.
I wouldn’t class that as scare mongering, it can be serious.

You'd be lucky if you're over measles in 4 days ,it's even worse if you catch it as an adult .
Hence why I added what NHS advise - they say at LEAST 4 days.

I wouldn’t class that as scare mongering, it can be serious.

Hence why I added what NHS advise - they say at LEAST 4 days.
You can just about tolerate light by that time lol, there's no way you'd be up and about with full blown measles the NHS must be basing their info on a very mild case .

You can just about tolerate light by that time lol, there's no way you'd be up and about with full blown measles the NHS must be basing their info on a very mild case .
That’s probably why they say for at least 4 days as for some it can take a lot longer/have it more severe than others.

They base it on the average cases. Many don't have a problem with their eyes .. So yours was worse then the average

Reactions: 3
They base it on the average cases. Many don't have a problem with their eyes .. So yours was worse then the average
Anyone I know that's had it could barely open their eyes it's a common symptom along with the temp and headache .Extreme sensitivity to light.

Reactions: 1
Anyone I know that's had it could barely open their eyes it's a common symptom along with the temp and headache .
Yet my eyes and my kids eyes were fine. but then again its like covid some get it worse than others.

Yet my eyes and my kids eyes were fine. but then again its like covid some get it worse than others.
Must be , it was definitely one of the most severe childhood illnesses for us but we had no bother going to school with whooping cough .

Yep. The severity of a virus is linked to the environment the virus is in and the bodies ability to fight it. Someone with for example a poor diet, lacking vitamins minerals the virus will find it easier to work its way through your system because your body is only giving a minimal defence. Or say someone with an underlying health problem their body is struggling because they are trying to cope with that and the added strain of an attack by the virus. That’s why it’s essential to take proactive measures to look after your health and not wait until you’re sick to do something.

Reactions: 4
Must be , it was definitely one of the most severe childhood illnesses for us but we had no bother going to school with whooping cough .
Yet I was in hospital for a few mths with whopping cough as a small child..

You should not have been out the house let alone going to school with whopping cough 😲

Yet I was in hospital for a few mths with whopping cough as a small child..

You should not have been out the house let alone going to school with whopping cough 😲
We all did back then the whole school was full of choking kids 😂 ...my sister was born with it , mumps was another thing we shrugged off I'm sure it's benefited our immune systems longterm we're very rarely ill ,even with colds .

Yep. The severity of a virus is linked to the environment the virus is in and the bodies ability to fight it. Someone with for example a poor diet, lacking vitamins minerals the virus will find it easier to work its way through your system because your body is only giving a minimal defence. Or say someone with an underlying health problem their body is struggling because they are trying to cope with that and the added strain of an attack by the virus. That’s why it’s essential to take proactive measures to look after your health and not wait until you’re sick to do something.
When I got whooping cough I was a very undernourished child and hygiene was something my mum had no interest in.

We all did back then the whole school was full of choking kids 😂 ...my sister was born with it , mumps was another thing we shrugged off I'm sure it's benefited our immune systems longterm we're very rarely ill ,even with colds .
Whopping cough is highly contagious and even in the early 60s when I had it you would not have gone anywhere with it. I was in a isolation ward in hospital.

The majority are fine with mumps,

Last edited:
What utter stupidity, honestly hope you don't have children. You just have to look at what happened in the USA with anti-vaxxers, I'm talking pre-covid. A childhood disease called MEASLES that was basically eradicated in modern society has wreaked havoc there because people believe vaccinations are bad for their children. You're not just protecting yourself, you are protecting the wider community.

And that is the whole crux of why I dislike most anti-vaxxers. They are too stupid to understand the science and the impact these things have on the wider community.

I suggest you read actual science, not science fiction
Ummm yeah I do have kids and they have had all their childhood vaccinations. Are you ok? You’re the one coming across as mental calling everyone a tinfoil hat wearer because they don’t agree with you on absolutely everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

When I got whooping cough I was a very undernourished child and hygiene was something my mum had no interest in.

Whopping cough is highly contagious and even in the early 60s when I had it you would not have gone anywhere with it. I was in a isolation ward in hospital.

The majority are fine with mumps,
I think they were too busy picking up body parts to worry about illness in our town ,the hospitals were for those caught up in the troubles we didn't have the luxury of a health system to fall back on ,people just got on with it .

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I think they were too busy picking up body parts to worry about illness in our town ,the hospitals were for those caught up in the troubles we didn't have the luxury of a health system to fall back on ,people just got on with it .

:(

Sadly I would have died if I lived there then. You can only get on with it if its not life-threatening and most childhood illness are just that, non life threatening . I was just unlucky. I have no doubt had I been with different parents at the time I would have been fine.

How strange I was just talking about bombings. Someone posted a carry on London poster in a London group and I just posted how I went to see this in 1973 with my friend and her mum and we went to the pub next door for a drink after ,the next day the table we were sat at had a bomb put under it ands it went off the same time as we were sat there the night before.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.