COVID-19 vaccine #14 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not all heroes wear capes 😂
Indeed. Praise be for Pfizer.

For full disclosure I have $150,000 + invested in Pfizer shares, because they're a company I truly believe in.

Old article: No conflicts of interest to see.

1650390010589.png

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I didn't realise anyone thought there was such a thing as too many Covid vaccines. After all, no one ever seemed to say annual flu vaccines for the rest of one's life was too much.

Reactions: 2
I didn't realise anyone thought there was such a thing as too many Covid vaccines. After all, no one ever seemed to say annual flu vaccines for the rest of one's life was too much.
Flu vacc doesn't contain the new tech and it's been around for years .

Flu vacc doesn't contain the new tech and it's been around for years .
How long does the covid vaccine get labelled as "new", though? It was first administered in December 2020 and most people had their first dose at least a year ago.

Also, it's entirely optional.

Reactions: 1
It was also promoted as "one shot" only then it became two, three. Now four. (Five in Turkey).

You've also never been forced to lose your job over not taking the flu vaccine.

Reactions: 11
How long does the covid vaccine get labelled as "new", though? It was first administered in December 2020 and most people had their first dose at least a year ago.

Also, it's entirely optional.
They're still monitoring the real world data and learning as they go so until everthing is known and investigated then it's still new imo.

Reactions: 4
It was also promoted as "one shot" only then it became two, three. Now four. (Five in Turkey).

You've also never been forced to lose your job over not taking the flu vaccine.
I don't remember one shot being mentioned. Presumably that was while vaccines were still being developed and little was known?

I've found an article dated 8 December 2020 (linked below), which covered the first ever UK dose being administered and it says two doses would be needed. It doesn't make reference to boosters, but I definitely recall the discussion of immunity waning and hence further vaccines would likely be needed.

I don't remember one shot being mentioned. Presumably that was while vaccines were still being developed and little was known?

I've found an article dated 8 December 2020 (linked below), which covered the first ever UK dose being administered and it says two doses would be needed. It doesn't make reference to boosters, but I definitely recall the discussion of immunity waning and hence further vaccines would likely be needed.

Ahhhhh, nothing like a bbc article to show a unbiased and valid viewpoint.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Anti vaxxers - do you feel the same about Novavax and Valneva? All the criticism I’ve seen seems to be around the MRA tech. These are the old style but I’ve seen so little chat around them. And we’ve barely ordered any!

Ahhhhh, nothing like a bbc article to show a unbiased and valid viewpoint.
I was using it to show that, on the day the vaccine was first administered in the UK, we knew at least two doses would be needed.

That's just a fact. Nothing to do with bias.

If it helps, I also found a Daily Mail article from the same date that I won't link here (as not many here like to give the DM traffic), but here's a direct excerpt from it:
Patients need two doses, meaning Number 10 has only secured enough doses for around a third of Britain.

Anti vaxxers - do you feel the same about Novavax and Valneva? All the criticism I’ve seen seems to be around the MRA tech. These are the old style but I’ve seen so little chat around them. And we’ve barely ordered any!
AZ is old tech and look at the side effects from that , they've basically binned it off even the poor countries don't want anymore .

Reactions: 3
Maybe it will for those with letters after their name 🤷‍♀️ as nobody else on here seems to have a problem interpreting articles or understanding other peoples points🥴

Reactions: 4
I didn`t know tattle had this kind of thread lol

I`m unvaxxed, had COVID in January and I'm fine. It was milder than a cold. I say this because I had a real cold in March and it was :sick:
This thing will keep mutating so 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.