COVID-19 vaccine #12 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve gotten covid again. As you all know I am unvaccinated and pro choice. I feel like tit. Worse then the first time (delta). So natural immunity does wane, because this is around the 6 month mark, or omicron does evade it. But to put it into perspective, vaccinated people are also catching it. I picked it up at work. Wish me luck guys.
Hope you feel better soon.

Daughter had it in July and December, she felt worse the second time but only for a couple of days then she was back to 'normal', hope it is over for you quickly.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve gotten covid again. As you all know I am unvaccinated and pro choice. I feel like tit. Worse then the first time (delta). So natural immunity does wane, because this is around the 6 month mark, or omicron does evade it. But to put it into perspective, vaccinated people are also catching it. I picked it up at work. Wish me luck guys.

Good luck Feel better soon

You would only be immune to the variant you had, not all the other variants. Same with the flu.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
To me saying vaccine immunity is better than natural is like saying formula milk is better than breast milk.
Science can do great things. But it can't replicate and surpass the brilliance and complexity of the human body, which has evolved over thousands of years to work perfectly with our environment. We have evolved to be able to fight viruses.

I completely understand that some people don't want to risk getting covid and so would rather get a vax. Fine your choice. But lots of us can see covid isn't a risk to us and are happy to trust our bodies.

Why the constant fight to prove the vax is amazing and people that don't want it are stupid conspiracy theorists who need to be forced. Why not let people just make their own choice to risk covid or risk the vax.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
To me saying vaccine immunity is better than natural is like saying formula milk is better than breast milk.
Science can do great things. But it can't replicate and surpass the brilliance and complexity of the human body, which has evolved over thousands of years to work perfectly with our environment. We have evolved to be able to fight viruses.

I completely understand that some people don't want to risk getting covid and so would rather get a vax. Fine your choice. But lots of us can see covid isn't a risk to us and are happy to trust our bodies.

Why the constant fight to prove the vax is amazing and people that don't want it are stupid conspiracy theorists who need to be forced. Why not let people just make their own choice to risk covid or risk the vax.
I think some people are finding it hard to realise that we (only just) still have a choice over what we so with our own bodies and we have decided to exercise that choice 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I always thought vaccines were to give natural immunity a head start, so the body has already experienced a virus , and already the antibodies ready for next time. Hence , it's the natural immunity that does the fighting, vax immunity is just prep work .

I may have based this on traditional vaccines , rather than mrna .

Reactions: 3
I always thought vaccines were to give natural immunity a head start, so the body has already experienced a virus , and already the antibodies ready for next time. Hence , it's the natural immunity that does the fighting, vax immunity is just prep work .

I may have based this on traditional vaccines , rather than mrna .
The vaccine works with the immune system (trains it) to respond to the virus (immune memory) once you are infected. So when we say ‘vaccine immunity’ it still is essentially your immune system doing the fighting.

Hope you feel better soon Liz x

Exactly ! we don't rip apart others for their life choices I don't see how this is any different.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Sorry to backtrack a little, just catching up! On the discussion around medication and alternative medication, are we considering traditional/cultural remedies in the "alternative" category?

In terms of money making, is it really that different to pharmaceutical companies? Yes I know there will be science/testing etc., but is it ethical for ANYONE to be making such a huge profit from the illness/concerns of others?

Reactions: 5
Sorry to backtrack a little, just catching up! On the discussion around medication and alternative medication, are we considering traditional/cultural remedies in the "alternative" category?

In terms of money making, is it really that different to pharmaceutical companies? Yes I know there will be science/testing etc., but is it ethical for ANYONE to be making such a huge profit from the illness/concerns of others?
I believe that certain things should only be able to run on a not for profit basis.

Anything regarding medicine, utilities, public transport, education, basically anything that is a real essential of life.

When so much money can be made, ethics start to go out the window. The people at the top pulling the strings dont care about the customer, they're not medical professionals working for the greater good. They're business men only concered about maximising profit.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The problem with pharmaceutical drugs are the side effects and how addictive they are. People get prescribed one thing and then end up on another thing to counteract the side effects that the first drug causes. Thats how we end up with people on loads of different pills because some of them cancel out others. I used to see patients get a drug for a particular condition and then a few months later they would be on about three or four. Some drugs are not meant to be long term either but people end up relying on them, sometimes I think it can be psychological.

Reactions: 7
The problem with pharmaceutical drugs are the side effects and how addictive they are. People get prescribed one thing and then end up on another thing to counteract the side effects that the first drug causes. Thats how we end up with people on loads of different pills because some of them cancel out others. I used to see patients get a drug for a particular condition and then a few months later they would be on about three or four. Some drugs are not meant to be long term either but people end up relying on them, sometimes I think it can be psychological.
So to me pharmaceuticals are a great short term solution to manage symptoms, but you can't be on them forever.
But the way the NHS budgets work they would rather just give people drugs to mask the problems then properly diognose and treat them. Yes there are some people that can't reach an absolute diagnosis and treatment, but there are tit loads fobbed off with a lifetime of drugs because on a rolling budget it looks cheaper .

Reactions: 8
Totally agree ... My mam had a heart transplant many many years ago and the tit ton of meds she was on to stop her body rejecting the new heart give her many other illnesses including cervical cancer which she was due to start treatment on, but died few days before the start date.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Totally agree ... My mam had a heart transplant many many years ago and the tit ton of meds she was on to stop her body rejecting the new heart give her many other illnesses including cervical cancer which she was due to start treatment on, but died few days before the start date.
So sorry to read this. I have no doubt if I had not have looked into my own health problems I would be dead by now. Two whole carrier bags of pills and inhalers. went from a size 14 to a size 34 in a year bedridden for most of the week. It all started because of antibiotics and Drs and consultants giving me things for the symptoms, that created more symptoms/side effects. no one thought to look into why or how except me.
I cured myself and dropped my weight back down to size 16 and guess what the Drs said. "it was the weight" 🤔🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So sorry to read this. I have no doubt if I had not have looked into my own health problems I would be dead by now. Two whole carrier bags of pills and inhalers. went from a size 14 to a size 34 in a year bedridden for most of the week. It all started because of antibiotics and Drs and consultants giving me things for the symptoms, that created more symptoms/side effects. no one thought to look into why or how except me.
I cured myself and dropped my weight back down to size 16 and guess what the Drs said. "it was the weight" 🤔🤣
Thanks and sorry to hear what you have had to go through, it's crazy when you think about it, we believe these doctors as apparently they know best(and most the time they do of course) but sometimes I think they need to listen to the patients more as they know their own bodies.

Good job on getting the weight down... That's a bloody amazing achievement in its self never mind curing yourself while dealing with other health issues 👍

Reactions: 4
Daughter just had a call from work trying to pressure her into having the vax again.

They were saying it has been passed in law today!! If she isn't 1st dose vaxxed by 3 Feb her contract will end in March!!

Talk about underhand tactics.

WTF

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Dr called me today because I am high risk for not being vaccinated. Spoke about why I wasn’t vaccinated, he understood the concerns. My personal risk factors are low and he respected my autonomy. He said for me both the risk of vaccine adverse event and risk of dying from covid were both rare outcomes……

Reactions: 9
Dr called me today because I am high risk for not being vaccinated. Spoke about why I wasn’t vaccinated, he understood the concerns. My personal risk factors are low and he respected my autonomy. He said for me both the risk of vaccine adverse event and risk of dying from covid were both rare outcomes……
Hope you’re starting to feel better?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.