COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In October I woke up one day with severe pain in my left side ,it got worse until I couldnt move, 111 took 12hrs to call bk &a ambulance was 4+hrs wait,got taxi to a&e after a long wait was told I had a blood clot the size of a sideplate in my tummy, had emergency op to remove it, was told I woulda died in next 48hrs if I didn't go hospital . I often wonder was this cos of the 1 vaccine I had (in Feb) never followed up the vaccines as became ill after it&lost a stone in weight due to completely losing appetite for 6wks 🥴

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I feel like everyone and their mother will now claim they have long covid 😐

do people not wonder why so many in the medical profession/NHS won’t get the vaccine?
I live in the Birmingham area. According to recent figures posted by the daily fail (and backed up by more believable sources) I’m in an area with one of the lowest uptakes of the vaccine from NHS staff. Across various trusts within the wider Birmingham/West Midlands area. London came second. We’ll potentially lose up to 12% of NHS resources in this area if mandated vaccinations go ahead. The cardiologist I saw will walk and go fully private. My friend who’s a midwife will walk as will 3 of her colleagues. 2 palliative care nurses I know will also walk. This is from my very small group of friends and acquaintances.

My friends mum is currently bed blocking in the QE because the care home she lives in is understaffed (they lost 8 from mandates) and now the rest are all testing +ve.

I honestly believe the NHS is toast. Covid is just a handy way to privatise more of it/drive it into the ground. It’s not been fit for purpose for decades. This is just the final nail in the coffin.

Reactions: 12
In October I woke up one day with severe pain in my left side ,it got worse until I couldnt move, 111 took 12hrs to call bk &a ambulance was 4+hrs wait,got taxi to a&e after a long wait was told I had a blood clot the size of a sideplate in my tummy, had emergency op to remove it, was told I woulda died in next 48hrs if I didn't go hospital . I often wonder was this cos of the 1 vaccine I had (in Feb) never followed up the vaccines as became ill after it&lost a stone in weight due to completely losing appetite for 6wks 🥴
Really sorry this happened to you. sounds scary, it seems to me that it's mostly blood that is affected by the vaccine (not saying yours was or wasn't) but all seem to be mostly blood-related

I see Hazel O Cooner is in an induced coma after having a brain bleed. none of the articles mentions she had just had her 3rd vaccine, I'm not saying it is or isn't the vaccine but it's strange its never mentioned when anyone gets ill but if they were unvaccinated it would be mentioned even if their were no relevance

• Sad
Reactions: 10
always hesitant to link the two but knowing someone with no underlying factors have a stroke days after having the vaccine made me extremly cautious, and I’ve always argued the benefits of vaccines with my CT tattle maties😉 @Purrrrrrr can back that up!

not anti vaccine but this pandemic is now the flu, was it worth it for healthy folk with no underlying issues 🤷‍♀️

her husband cut up her dinner for her on Christmas Day btw 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I’ve held off commenting on these threads although I read it all.
Without being too specific and outing myself I’m a HCP who left the NHS after 20 years in surgery to work in the Private Sector.
The jabs are mandated for all CQC registered providers which includes Private Hospitals. I have not been jabbed and don’t want to be for a variety of reasons but I have received my letter this week informing me I will need to be double jabbed or will be dismissed on the 31st March.
I can’t be redeployed so I have to make the decision to have the vaccine or walk.
I’m a single parent with a family to support. Much as I want to to stick to my guns that won’t pay the mortgage or feed and clothe my children.
It’s a heartbreaking situation and one I never thought I’d see myself in. I’ve spent my entire career supporting the choices and autonomy of my patients.
And yet here I am being told and I have no choice over what happens to my body.
Apologies for the rambling but this has been a very difficult week. I keep hoping for a u-turn in time but honestly I don’t see it happening.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Without being too specific and outing myself I’m a HCP who left the NHS after 20 years in surgery to work in the Private Sector.
The jabs are mandated for all CQC registered providers which includes Private Hospitals. I have not been jabbed and don’t want to be for a variety of reasons but I have received my letter this week informing me I will need to be double jabbed or will be dismissed on the 31st March.
I can’t be redeployed so I have to make the decision to have the vaccine or walk.
I’m a single parent with a family to support. Much as I want to to stick to my guns that won’t pay the mortgage or feed and clothe my children.
It’s a heartbreaking situation and one I never thought I’d see myself in. I’ve spent my entire career supporting the choices and autonomy of my patients.
Apologies for the rambling but this has been a very difficult week. I keep hoping for a u-turn in time but honestly I don’t see it happening.
Have you joined a union and that NHS100k group? My friend is in both and has been advised not to quit, either they will u turn or have committed unfair dismissal. Sorry you are going through this

Reactions: 10
I am so angry on your behalf. I hate the fact that I have to rely on a service that is forcing people to do this. I wish you the best.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Some good news from Israel
  • The Green Pass / vaccine passport concept is no longer relevant in the Omicron era and should be phased out (he expects it to be in short order in Israel)
  • He and his colleagues were surprised and disappointed that the vaccines did not prevent transmission, as they had originally hoped
  • The biggest mistake of the pandemic in Israel was closing schools and education – he apologised for that
  • Widespread infection is now an inevitable part of future immunity — otherwise known as herd immunity
  • Omicron has accelerated the pandemic into the endemic phase, in which Covid will be “like flu”

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Have you joined a union and that NHS100k group? My friend is in both and has been advised not to quit, either they will u turn or have committed unfair dismissal. Sorry you are going through this
I am in a union and I’ve seen the NHS100k stuff on Twitter. . I’m just too nervous that there won’t be a u- turn in time. It’s not a hill I think I can die on. Like I said I’ve got no financial fall back. I get a pittance from my useless ex and I don’t know what else I could do as a job. This is all I’m trained to do.
It’s a desperate situation and honestly I think a lot of HCP’s are in the same situation as me and wil cave and get the jab against their will because they need to work.
I honestly hate this government and it saddens me how much people support this bullshit.
They were happy to work us like dogs through the worst of the pandemic but now we seem dispensable.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
‘Nocebo effect’: two-thirds of Covid jab reactions not caused by vaccine, study suggests

(I tried to link the study but it has just been published so it is not showing up)
I could say the same about long covid.

People got so scared that covid was gonna kill them. When it didn't their brain couldn't come to terms with it and so created symptoms like fatigue, headaches and brain fog.

Reactions: 8
Some good news from Israel
  • The Green Pass / vaccine passport concept is no longer relevant in the Omicron era and should be phased out (he expects it to be in short order in Israel)
  • He and his colleagues were surprised and disappointed that the vaccines did not prevent transmission, as they had originally hoped
  • The biggest mistake of the pandemic in Israel was closing schools and education – he apologised for that
  • Widespread infection is now an inevitable part of future immunity — otherwise known as herd immunity
  • Omicron has accelerated the pandemic into the endemic phase, in which Covid will be “like flu”

Herd immunity was always one of the ways of getting through it. But to get there without vaccines and restrictions would have meant many, many more thousands dying who didn't have to. Would you have been ok with this?

Reactions: 1
Herd immunity was always one of the ways of getting through it. But to get there without vaccines and restrictions would have meant many, many more thousands dying who didn't have to. Would you have been ok with this?
Herd immunity has not ‘always’ been one of the ways of getting through it. Restrictions should have never happened, lockdowns didn’t work and anyone that claims they saved lives cannot prove that it any way. Lockdowns caused more disruption to our lives than covid has, many will not recover financially or mentally for years after the affects of lockdown. Are you ok with this?

Why do people get angry and defensive about things like vaccine passports being scrapped, vaccines being pulled, covid being endemic and life possibly heading back to normal?

It’s like some people never want this to end and want to live in a covid world where you get vaccinated every 3 months and need to show a pass to go about your day.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I am in a union and I’ve seen the NHS100k stuff on Twitter. . I’m just too nervous that there won’t be a u- turn in time. It’s not a hill I think I can die on. Like I said I’ve got no financial fall back. I get a pittance from my useless ex and I don’t know what else I could do as a job. This is all I’m trained to do.
It’s a desperate situation and honestly I think a lot of HCP’s are in the same situation as me and wil cave and get the jab against their will because they need to work.
I honestly hate this government and it saddens me how much people support this bullshit.
They were happy to work us like dogs through the worst of the pandemic but now we seem dispensable.
I completely understand. I feel so much for you and you shouldn't be having to go through this. It makes me hate the government and all the people that think this is an acceptable way to treat people. If it means anything at all, I would much rather be treated by an unvaccinated you than someone who doesn't believe my body = my choice and I know lots and lots of others feel the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Are you looking on here? I know there isn't an awful lot but you might just get lucky. I can't see them sacking everyone but who knows

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Herd immunity has not ‘always’ been one of the ways of getting through it. Restrictions should have never happened, lockdowns didn’t work and anyone that claims they saved lives cannot prove that it any way. Lockdowns caused more disruption to our lives than covid has, many will not recover financially or mentally for years after the affects of lockdown. Are you ok with this?

Why do people get angry and defensive about things like vaccine passports being scrapped, vaccines being pulled, covid being endemic and life possibly heading back to normal?

It’s like some people never want this to end and want to live in a covid world where you get vaccinated every 3 months and need to show a pass to go about your day.
Lockdowns did work. There is very clear evidence in a reduction of infections when they were implemented. Fewer infected people meant fewer people dying from it. I don't doubt that some people have suffered mentally and financially but to save people's actual lives then yes I am ok with it.

I'm not angry or defensive at vaccine passports being scrapped or life heading back to normal at all. I do get frustrated by what I think are selfish views that some people hold that because they would have more than likely been ok if they caught Covid then sod everyone else. There is a real selfish attitude amongst some in this country and it's holding us back in my view.

Reactions: 2
Lockdowns did work. There is very clear evidence in a reduction of infections when they were implemented. Fewer infected people meant fewer people dying from it. I don't doubt that some people have suffered mentally and financially but to save people's actual lives then yes I am ok with it.
That’s good to know that you were ok with families being plunged into poverty, elderly dying alone in care home and hospitals, rise in drug abuse, alcohol abuse and suicides and many others dying as a result of missed screenings and other important appointments being cancelled, all because of lockdown. Who is really the selfish one here?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
That’s good to know that you were ok with families being plunged into poverty, elderly dying alone in care home and hospitals, rise in drug abuse, alcohol abuse and suicides and many others dying as a result of missed screenings and other important appointments being cancelled, all because of lockdown. Who is really the selfish one here?
All awful things and of course the government has handled plenty of things very badly in all this which could have prevented some of those issues. However, your solution seems to be to do nothing at all about Covid. How can you justify that when all the evidence staring you in the face showed you that hundreds of thousands would have died, many of which could have been saved by taking the actions we did? Would you have happily given your life so that I could have avoided some minor inconveniences like wearing a mask at the supermarket?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.