COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All awful things and of course the government has handled plenty of things very badly in all this which could have prevented some of those issues. However, your solution seems to be to do nothing at all about Covid. How can you justify that when all the evidence staring you in the face showed you that hundreds of thousands would have died, many of which could have been saved by taking the actions we did? Would you have happily given your life so that I could have avoided some minor inconveniences like wearing a mask at the supermarket?
Enough has been done, how many in the country are vaccinated now? Do you not think it’s time to move on? Or are you hoping we go down the line of mandatory vaccinations for everyone over the age of 5? Why are you arguing with me because I want to live in a world where we don’t have state control over our lives and lose our bodily autonomy? It sounds like no amount of vaccines and restrictions will ever be enough for people like you.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
Enough has been done, how many in the country are vaccinated now? Do you not think it’s time to move on? Or are you hoping we go down the line of mandatory vaccinations for everyone over the age of 5? Why are you arguing with me because I want to live in a world where we don’t have state control over our lives and lose our bodily autonomy? It sounds like no amount of vaccines and restrictions will ever be enough for people like you.
I haven't said any of those things so no need to put words in my mouth.

Do you think your bodily autonomy as you put it should be extended so that you are free to cause potential harm to other people without consequences to you? NHS staff are around the most vulnerable people all the time so they should be held to a high standard when it comes to protecting them. If they don't want to take the vaccine then they aren't forced to but they will have to deal with the consequences of their decision.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Lockdowns did work. There is very clear evidence in a reduction of infections when they were implemented. Fewer infected people meant fewer people dying from it. I don't doubt that some people have suffered mentally and financially but to save people's actual lives then yes I am ok with it.

I'm not angry or defensive at vaccine passports being scrapped or life heading back to normal at all. I do get frustrated by what I think are selfish views that some people hold that because they would have more than likely been ok if they caught Covid then sod everyone else. There is a real selfish attitude amongst some in this country and it's holding us back in my view.
The facts are that most people even the old and vulnerable would have survived. I hated that so many were made to feel selfish for daring to worry about their own lives and future.
Please tell me in what other capacity does the government give a tit about the CEV health, let alone anyone else's?
Never forget that people with covid were put into nursing homes and when the residents died they blamed the carers even though most carers didnt even leave their jobs but lived in and didnt even go home to their own families

Reactions: 14
The facts are that most people even the old and vulnerable would have survived. I hated that so many were made to feel selfish for daring to worry about their own lives and future.
Please tell me in what other capacity does the government give a tit about the CEV health, let alone anyone else's?
Never forget that people with covid were put into nursing homes and when the residents died they blamed the carers even though most carers didnt even leave their jobs but lived in and didnt even go home to their own families
The facts are that even with restrictions deaths were higher over the Covid years than before. Imagine if we hadn't taken those restrictions, they would have been even higher. We were left in a position where we had to consider the lesser of two evils in what we did unfortunately.

I'm no supporter of the current government by the way there are plenty of things they could have done better.

Reactions: 1
Do you think your bodily autonomy as you put it should be extended so that you are free to cause potential harm to other people without consequences to you?
Why do you think you have a right to say what I do with my body? Are you going to tell women they shouldn’t have children next because you think the country is over populated? Are you aware that your comment you just made would be seen as the views of a fascist?

Why do you think you have a right to say what I do with my body? Are you going to tell women they shouldn’t have children next because you think the country is over populated? Are you aware that your comment you just made would be seen as the views of a fascist?
I didn't say anything of the sort, in fact I clearly stated that nobody is being forced to have the vaccine. Godwin's law never fails to deliver :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
The facts are that even with restrictions deaths were higher over the Covid years than before. Imagine if we hadn't taken those restrictions, they would have been even higher. We were left in a position where we had to consider the lesser of two evils in what we did unfortunately.

I'm no supporter of the current government by the way there are plenty of things they could have done better.
No more than a bad flu strain does every few years. This time though there was an agenda only time will let you see that though because right now you cant see it.

I have no idea why a few of you always feel you have to say you don't like the government. as if that makes any difference.

Reactions: 13
I didn't say anything of the sort, in fact I clearly stated that nobody is being forced to have the vaccine. Godwin's law never fails to deliver :ROFLMAO:
Being made to take a jab or lose your livelihood that you have spent years in training to qualify which in turn plunges your family into poverty sounds like force to me? How do you not see this? Are you that naive?

Do you feel it's ok to tell someone that if they won't have sex with you they will lose their job? Coercion is the same as forced

• Haha
Reactions: 12
No more than a bad flu strain does every few years. This time though there was an agenda only time will let you see that though because right now you cant see it.

I have no idea why a few of you always feel you have to say you don't like the government. as if that makes any difference.
Look around the world and Covid's impact and tell me with a straight face that this is a 'bad flu strain'. What is the agenda you mention? I've got lost in all the various different agendas conspiracy theorists throw up.

Reactions: 2
Makes even less sense now when they are going to drop restrictions and with Omicron being so mild. Makes no sense stop trying to make it make sense, ugh.

Reactions: 10
Do you feel it's ok to tell someone that if they won't have sex with you they will lose their job? Coercion is the same as forced
Lol that's a random one. Why would I think that??

Being made to take a jab or lose your livelihood that you have spent years in training to qualify which in turn plunges your family into poverty sounds like force to me? How do you not see this? Are you that naive?
There's plenty of things that are compulsory for jobs. I fancy flying a plane, I'm not qualified of course by who cares why don't an airline just give me a job as a pilot anyway?

• Haha
I haven't said any of those things so no need to put words in my mouth.

Do you think your bodily autonomy as you put it should be extended so that you are free to cause potential harm to other people without consequences to you? NHS staff are around the most vulnerable people all the time so they should be held to a high standard when it comes to protecting them. If they don't want to take the vaccine then they aren't forced to but they will have to deal with the consequences of their decision.
Surely you are trolling. Who actually thinks like this 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Lol that's a random one. Why would I think that??

There's plenty of things that are compulsory for jobs. I fancy flying a plane, I'm not qualified of course by who cares why don't an airline just give me a job as a pilot anyway?
Pointless trying to debate with you, just these two replies show me that.

I'd suggest the majority of people think like this.
Yep and I bet you were all the first ones out on your doorsteps clapping and banging your pots and pans every week. Aside from the coersion, it's bloody rude to happily let NHS staff work through the pandemic without any 'protection' from the jab and minimal PPE and then turn around and say that they should now get the sack for not complying. Does it not suggest anything to you that these educated people doctors etc have been 'frontline' of the pandemic and still don't want the jab? Maybe they have found that their first hand experiences of the pandemic don't tally with what the media is touting.

• Heart
I really think if people are continually arguing their side (pro-covid jab) they should go engage with the other Covid thread that has more of their like-minded people. I’m all for hearing both sides, respectfully, but it’s relentless now and this thread was originally set up for those questioning the jab.
This thread is also for general vaccine talk so you will get people who have different views. The other Covid thread is general Covid stuff rather than vaccine talk.

You asked me whether someone should lose their job if they refused to have sex with me...

Reactions: 3
Yep and I bet you were all the first ones out on your doorsteps clapping and banging your pots and pans every week. Aside from the coersion, it's bloody rude to happily let NHS staff work through the pandemic without any 'protection' from the jab and minimal PPE and then turn around and say that they should now get the sack for not complying. Does it not suggest anything to you that these educated people doctors etc have been 'frontline' of the pandemic and still don't want the jab? Maybe they have found that their first hand experiences of the pandemic don't tally with what the media is touting.
90% of NHS staff are vaccinated. The same 90% that have been on the frontline with the 10% who won't. Doesn't that suggest to you that the 10% are in the wrong here?

As for clapping and appreciating the NHS workers, absolutely I did and would do so again. Our NHS staff are fantastic people and did indeed work without adequate protection from PPE etc. which is the fault of the government. That protection and enhanced protection for the patients they are treating is now available but your argument is that they shouldn't have to implement it? Your point seems to be a contradiction in itself.

Reactions: 1
This thread is also for general vaccine talk so you will get people who have different views. The other Covid thread is general Covid stuff rather than vaccine talk.

Do you agree with this comment just made my hotdogs or toes where they have compared this to the NHS mandating vaccines or they will be sacked?
Quote: ‘ I fancy flying a plane, I'm not qualified of course by who cares why don't an airline just give me a job as a pilot anyway?’
Just curious as you seem to have similar views to them and genuinely can’t believe pro vax people think this way 😐

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.