COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

NHS protest re vaccine sacking
Thank you. Loved this, it’s disgusting how we were encouraged to clap and are now sacking them. Like I mentioned I’m a previous post, there is a covid outbreak in a local care home caused by a member of staff. A vaccinated member of staff. It is tyranny.

Reactions: 17
Thank you. Loved this, it’s disgusting how we were encouraged to clap and are now sacking them. Like I mentioned I’m a previous post, there is a covid outbreak in a local care home caused by a member of staff. A vaccinated member of staff. It is tyranny.
There's currently a Covid outbreak in my Nana's care home. All vaccinated - go figure.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Dr James was on the radio this morning speaking in a personal capacity. I think that is very telling.
What about the doctors and NHS staff who support mandatory vaccines are they speaking in a personal capacity too? Sadly I fear this guys career is in jeopardy. He did say that an entire midwifery unit somewhere was going to lose their team if they do go through with sacking staff. That is unreal!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 23

NHS protest re vaccine sacking
Thank you for posting this, it's made me a bit emotional to be honest.

My daughter is one of those members of NHS staff who is about to be served her notice 😭

It's great to see so many NHS workers put over their points of view so clearly, I just wish they were being listened to.

Edit: just to add I can't believe some people are more concerned about travel. I'm more concerned about needing any medical assistance in the next 12/18 months. I've told the kids especially youngest boy, DO NOT do anything stupid ie climbing trees etc because you do not want to be in hospital with no staff!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Dr James was on the radio this morning speaking in a personal capacity. I think that is very telling.
What about the doctors and NHS staff who support mandatory vaccines are they speaking in a personal capacity too? Sadly I fear this guys career is in jeopardy. He did say that an entire midwifery unit somewhere was going to lose their team if they do go through with sacking staff. That is unreal!
How could anyone think firing a 100,000 healthcare workers in an already stretched industry is a good idea!? It's going to cause untold damage both in the economy and in health. My nana is currently locked in her room with absolutely no one to talk to and because of the shortage in carers she will not be getting anywhere near the amount of care she needs. How can anyone argue this is a good idea!?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Can I run this by you tattlers?

Our head from secondary has released a video this week talking about the first week back in school. At the end of it he discusses the amount of vaccinated children in school, amount of positive LFTs etc he then goes on to say 'second vaccinations are now available so go and get your children booked in for their second jab'.

It's really bothering me that he hasn't remained impartial with his use of language.
This is on the back of a member of staff trying to get my daughter to do an LFT saying I had given consent when I haven't. I still haven't got a response to my email about that yet.

I'm finding it all a bit controlling and they are stepping out of their remit a bit.

What do you think?

• Angry
Reactions: 18
How could anyone think firing a 100,000 healthcare workers in an already stretched industry is a good idea!? It's going to cause untold damage both in the economy and in health. My nana is currently locked in her room with absolutely no one to talk to and because of the shortage in carers she will not be getting anywhere near the amount of care she needs. How can anyone argue this is a good idea!?
I don't think they can do it but I also think a lot of staff will get the vaccine out of fear that they will.
Sorry to hear about your nana, that is heartbreaking.

Reactions: 7
This makes me so sad. Anyone from that industry knew it would happen, but the fear had been pumped up so much that the public were screaming for the mandates to happen - it never occurred to them that it would result in bedblocking and neglect, despite numerous warnings from anyone in the know.

I hope your Nanna is ok and is getting regular visits from the staff that are left - any decent care home would be making sure that's happening. It's not ideal, but just 10 mins every hour or so will really help her and the other residents.
Keep us posted on how she is ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you all for your responses. Phoned 111 who put me through to a local clinical team. They advised to take ibuprofen and see how I feel today. It has gone away overnight & dr Google says it might be inflamed lungs touching the ribcage 🤷🏼‍♀️ HR has also come down significantly and I actually managed to get a decent sleep. Day 3, here we go 🤞🏼

Reactions: 16
This makes me so sad. Anyone from that industry knew it would happen, but the fear had been pumped up so much that the public were screaming for the mandates to happen - it never occurred to them that it would result in bedblocking and neglect, despite numerous warnings from anyone in the know.

I hope your Nanna is ok and is getting regular visits from the staff that are left - any decent care home would be making sure that's happening. It's not ideal, but just 10 mins every hour or so will really help her and the other residents.
Keep us posted on how she is ❤
Thank you. Broke my heart yesterday as I went to the window to see her and she was trying to wave me in because she doesn't understand that she's being quarantined. She has dementia so she finds all of this so confusing. Every time this happens she goes downhill both mentally and physically. Just hope she's not quarantined for too long this time 🤞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Not really Covid-19 vaccine related but still vaccine related. I just had the flu vaccine at my local Boots pharmacy and saw a leaflet for a pneumonia vaccine - didn’t know there was one for pneumonia. It costs £70 and is a one off.
My mum gets it because she had pneumonia. It's also in the baby vaccine schedule now which to be honest is unnecessary and they're now having too many at once.

I've had three pre schoolers all 2 years apart and it's been more vaccinations each time . My youngest had so many at 12 months he was suffering effects from them for 2 weeks.

I am unvaccinated as due to varies medical reasons for my self plus the fact the way its being pushed just does not sit right with me at all. i felt it wasnt the right thing for me and the risk of the vaccine was more than the risk of covid to me. Many times ive nearly felt forced in to just getting it and it affected my mental health terribly. However i stuck to my guns. I tested positive on tuesday. I lost my sense of taste and smell and nothing else. It is less than a mild cold yet everytime I have had a look at anything covid related this week its told me im probs guna die because I have covid and i am unvaccinated. What sort of mind fuckery is that? Everyone else I know with covid atm is either double or triple vaxed and all are quite poorly. I tested negative on my ltf today so its also gone as quick as it came and I havnt transmitted it to any of my close contacts included my child who i live alone with and have not isolated from as i still need to prepare all his food etc. I am so glad i stuck to my guns I was right to trust my immune system. I Actually felt there were people who would quite enjoy me becoming so unwell just to prove something. Why now should i be forced to have a vaccine if they become manadated? I was fine and now I also have antibodies. I wont make the news tho as an unvaccinated person who was fine. If id of been really ill i would be front page to push the vaccine. So sick of it all now

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
pro or anti vaccines, pro or anti covid vaccine.

very uncomfortable seeing sky news doing a report on that poor woman with downs who had such an awful experience with hospital/accessing care before she died,
The story is incredibly sad, but her parents blaming the unvaccinated for using beds she could have had.

shameful “reporting”

Reactions: 23
Can I run this by you tattlers?

Our head from secondary has released a video this week talking about the first week back in school. At the end of it he discusses the amount of vaccinated children in school, amount of positive LFTs etc he then goes on to say 'second vaccinations are now available so go and get your children booked in for their second jab'.

It's really bothering me that he hasn't remained impartial with his use of language.
This is on the back of a member of staff trying to get my daughter to do an LFT saying I had given consent when I haven't. I still haven't got a response to my email about that yet.

I'm finding it all a bit controlling and they are stepping out of their remit a bit.

What do you think?
It sounds like the headteacher is just repeating government advice, so he doesn't appear to be stepping outside his remit.

It's not like he's threatening some sort of disciplinary action for non vaccinated children.

Reactions: 5
I was going to read this whole thread, but I couldnt be bothered so apologies if I have missed anything. I have a friend who works within the NHS, in the offices in a doctors surgery. She has no contact with anyone really. She just does admin. She caught covid at the very beginning and was really poorly with it for about 2-3 weeks. She then caught it again just before Christmas, assuming it was Omicron as she said it felt like she just had a cold. She's unvaccinated. She doesnt want the jab, and thats fine. However, her work place are giving her until April to get the jab, or she loses her job. Again, she has no contact with the public or patients. She's in an office by herself, on a computer.

Now, I am not an anti vax. I have had my 2 jabs - phizer and I was fine with them. I have the flu jab every year. I've had all my jabs that you have when your a kid except the TB one as they said I was immune. My children have had their vaccinations. I gave my son the option to whether he wants this covid jab and he said no. Fine. I will always give my children freedom of choice. He then caught covid just before christmas and other than headaches and feeling a bit rough - he was fine. My other son is 11, so is not in the age bracket yet to have the jab - he said he doesnt want it either.

What I don't understand is this mass pressure to have the vaccine. I understand that some people do get really poorly, but some people get really poorly with flu as well and there was no massive widespread mandate to get vaccinated. Are people even still dying of flu now with covid? Does anyone have the stats for that? What about the people that cant be vaccinated because of health needs or whatever? I keep reading about these new covid pills that have been allowed to be used now so if thats the case - why the jab? I watched a video yesterday of a Dr talking to Sajid Javid saying he wont get vaccinated, and he wont take the booster as it only covers you for 8 weeks. If this is true (& I'm assuming it is given he's a doctor working on the wards in a busy NHS hospital), whats the point? I havent had my booster. Honestly I don't see the point. My son had covid, he was coughing all over me and I've been fine. As was my other son.

My friend had the booster jab the other week and it made her so ill, she said she would never have any jab they offer again. She had it about a week ago now, and she had the hot sweats, fatigue, migraines. She just told me she's had a migraine every day since having the jab. My next door neighbour had the covid jab and he was so ill after, he ended up in hospital. He's disabled anyway and cant use his legs so relies heavily on his arms to lift his weight from chair to sofa, chair to bed, etc. He lost the use of his functioning arm - doctors said the only explanation was the covid vaccine. He's fine now, but what a mess. I understand we all have different symptoms and side effects to medication. Nothing is 100% side effect free. There will always be side effects - it's just the way it is. Everyone is different and all our bodies react differently to different things. I just don't understand the pressure. Do they have shares in big pharma? I mean, they must be making a killing (literally), from every jab administered.

You have doctors who work on wards, refusing to have it. You have scientists that worked on the jab saying that it shouldnt be administered to children being blocked from twitter... it's all a bit suspect. All I see on the news is "A died from covid, but begged for the vaccine on their death bed". The media is very bias towards getting people to get vaccinated. Sorry for the lengthy message - I've got no one else to talk too about my thoughts on this :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Yes @GobShyte64 none of it makes sense.
It is particularly insulting to me that said doctors and nurses have been ok to work with vulnerable people during the worse times and are still able to now but come April they aren't????? Do they suddenly become a danger then? These people who have probably been exposed countless times whilst caring for others.
Our intelligence gets insulted every day. It would be laughable if it wasn't actually happening in real life, their logic beggars belief.
We can only pray that it will all be blown apart soon and sense and truth will prevail 🙏

Reactions: 27
Doctors and scientists urge caution in giving Covid jabs to 'low risk' children

• Heart
Reactions: 11
If you can't give peanut butter to each and every child because some kids will have severe reactions how can they get away with this?

Maybe this will be the hill some normally compliant parents will refuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.