COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two interesting videos from Jimmy Dore. Pro vax but also was injured by the vax. Jimmy is my voice of sanity in all this

I can’t wait until the pfizer data is released because you know the the ones fighting our corner are going to read every single word of it. It’s all going to fall like a house of cards this year or next.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@Prefrontalmedialcortex Thankyou for replying. I shall watch and read later.

Interested to hear more opinions.
I went back a few threads and found this I had posted regarding absolute risk reduction and relevant risk reduction and relates to that video in my post above.

———————————————————————
RRR tells us how much the risk of infection is “reduced in the test vaccine group, compared to a control group who did not receive the test vaccine.” The RRR, or efficacy, tells us "how well the vaccine protects clinical trial participants from getting sick or getting very sick.”

This is what is usually presented as vaccine efficacy. For Pfizer BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine this is 95%, for Moderna’s 94.1%, and 66.3% for the J&J/Janssen vaccine.

The Absolute Risk Reduction (ARR) is the arithmetic difference between event rates (the percentage of people who, for example, got infected) within the two groups.

An example which explains it well which is also used in the video I posted above:

“Let’s say a study enrolled 20,000 patients into the control group and 20,000 in the vaccine group. In that study, 200 people in the control group got sick and 0 people in the vaccine group got sick. Even though the vaccine efficacy would be a whopping 100%, the ARR would show that vaccines reduce the absolute risk by just 1% (200/20,000= 1%). For the ARR to increase to 20% in our example study with a vaccine with 100% efficacy, 4,000 of the 20,000 people in the control group would have to get sick (4,000/20,000= 20%).”

Thankyou for going back to find that. Yes, it does clarify how certain statistics and measurements are arrived at. Unfortunately, it leaves me with even more questions 🙇‍♀️

Out of interest, did you watch the whole video I posted yourself? Understand if you prefer not to reply.

I try hard to read and learn as much as I can from all perspectives but, try as I might, I can't shake the feeling that something doesn't add up... on a monumental level. Maybe it's because I have such a strong gut feeling that I am not as impartial as I would like 🤷‍♀️

The gentleman from the Grayzone/Jimmy video that @Purrrrrrr posted always makes total sense to me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Thankyou for going back to find that. Yes, it does clarify how certain statistics and measurements are arrived at. Unfortunately, it leaves me with even more questions 🙇‍♀️

Out of interest, did you watch the whole video I posted yourself? Understand if you prefer not to reply.

I try hard to read and learn as much as I can from all perspectives but, try as I might, I can't shake the feeling that something doesn't add up... on a monumental level. Maybe it's because I have such a strong gut feeling that I am not as impartial as I would like 🤷‍♀️

The gentleman from the Grayzone/Jimmy video that @Purrrrrrr posted always makes total sense to me.
I have no problem replying. Yes I have seen the video and as I mentioned there was another video shared a couple of threads back which was very similar to yours - it had a lot of the same screenshots etc.

I do feel videos like this pick and choose things - take it out of context/miss out certain things and it can often lead to inaccuracy. Of course not everyone will agree. Thanks for the respectful reply.

Reactions: 1
Was in Tesco today. Got talking to someone I kind of knew and asked me advice something I'm familiar with. He needed to buy something for his wife who had a stroke a few months back after the vaccine 😩
He had a mask on and was obviously saddened and said they knew it was a possibility but didn't think it would happen to them. He knew that was the cause though.
I really felt bad for them.he's taking her on a break away from home and buying said item once they're there. Felt a bit strange that it was someone I kind of know. He said she's strong willed and she's determined to be fighting fit again.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Was in Tesco today. Got talking to someone I kind of knew and asked me advice something I'm familiar with. He needed to buy something for his wife who had a stroke a few months back after the vaccine 😩
He had a mask on and was obviously saddened and said they knew it was a possibility but didn't think it would happen to them. He knew that was the cause though.
I really felt bad for them.he's taking her on a break away from home and buying said item once they're there. Felt a bit strange that it was someone I kind of know. He said she's strong willed and she's determined to be fighting fit again.
That's sad ! I just heard yesterday that one of my neighbours had a stroke a few months back trouble is she's been stuck in Turkey since it happened ( she spends the summer there she has a villa ) never told her family was afraid to worry them they had just buried their dad but I know she had the vaccine just before she left as she told me she wasn't going to bother going as she wasn't keen on it ,could be a complete coincidence of course but it's terrible she's unable to get home yet.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Being respectful is the best way, I agree. After all, we are all just trying to find our way in a really crappy situation. However, I must admit I don't always manage as my frustration, worries etc. increase.

If I'm honest, I'm reaching to find something that'll prove my instincts wrong. I desperately want to be wrong as I'm so scared for the people I love.

I feel almost obliged to say that I'm not anti-vax; I was cabin crew for 20years and had pretty much every jab going! The usual reactions afterwards but a worse one after HepB though I still kept them all up to date. My little one has had her schedule although I felt hesitant about the MMR.
With this one though, it is not even what we have called a vaccine. I have felt immensely strongly from the beginning that something is very 'off'- even when we were just beginning to hear about what was happening in Wuhan.

Ironically, I am CEV and have decided not to take it whilst all those around me have. Sadly, I have begun to see poor health increasing. Yes, it is anecdotal but it is also hard to put down to something else.

My father has just been treated for a rare cancer. The person I love most in this world (apart from my little girl, of course!) is now fighting pancreatic cancer after being very fit and healthy all his life. And I so want the world to be a better place for my beautiful girl to grow and flourish in. I could go on...

My heart is breaking and I am yearning to be wrong.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
My husband did an LFT last night, I always make him do one to ease my worries even though we’re working at home but our son got back from Iceland last Friday so I’m worried. Sons tested negative every day so far and pcr negative. My husband did an LFT last night, negative in the 30 minutes after, he left it out and this morning I saw it had a faint line. I panicked so he tested again, nothing in the 30 minute window all clear so we relaxed. He left it on his desk while in a meeting and again a line appeared when we looked at it after 2 hours. I had a huge panic attack couldn’t stop crying. He’s tested again and absolutely clear in the 30-40 minute window after the test. Not even a faint line. Can we relax? Can tests have faint lines after the 30 minute window, like hours later and it not mean anything? I’ve had a huge panic attack this afternoon and I’m absolutely exhausted and I’m still shaking. Son is negative today and he’s the only one who’s left the house since Christmas, my husband just walks the dog.

He feels absolutely fine, no symptoms either. Can anyone calm my anxiety? My friend said it’s negative and to discount any line after half an hour as just nothing. My sons test hasn’t had any lines, we dug his out of the bin from last night and no faint lines. So I’m really worried still about my husband getting these faint lines hours after. 🥲🥲

Being respectful is the best way, I agree. After all, we are all just trying to find our way in a really crappy situation. However, I must admit I don't always manage as my frustration, worries etc. increase.

If I'm honest, I'm reaching to find something that'll prove my instincts wrong. I desperately want to be wrong as I'm so scared for the people I love.

I feel almost obliged to say that I'm not anti-vax; I was cabin crew for 20years and had pretty much every jab going! The usual reactions afterwards but a worse one after HepB though I still kept them all up to date. My little one has had her schedule although I felt hesitant about the MMR.
With this one though, it is not even what we have called a vaccine. I have felt immensely strongly from the beginning that something is very 'off'- even when we were just beginning to hear about what was happening in Wuhan.

Ironically, I am CEV and have decided not to take it whilst all those around me have. Sadly, I have begun to see poor health increasing. Yes, it is anecdotal but it is also hard to put down to something else.

My father has just been treated for a rare cancer. The person I love most in this world (apart from my little girl, of course!) is now fighting pancreatic cancer after being very fit and healthy all his life. And I so want the world to be a better place for my beautiful girl to grow and flourish in. I could go on...

I am very sorry to hear about your father. 🙁 I hope he is receiving the best care and treatment.

Poor health increasing could be due to many factors - mental health, eating habits, lack of exercise, delayed hospital appointments/treatments/not being able to see a doctor.

The world is not a nice place at the moment. There are days I wish I could hop off and be somewhere else. 😓

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I’m so so sorry. 💜💜 xx

Reactions: 4
My husband did an LFT last night, I always make him do one to ease my worries even though we’re working at home but our son got back from Iceland last Friday so I’m worried. Sons tested negative every day so far and pcr negative. My husband did an LFT last night, negative in the 30 minutes after, he left it out and this morning I saw it had a faint line. I panicked so he tested again, nothing in the 30 minute window all clear so we relaxed. He left it on his desk while in a meeting and again a line appeared when we looked at it after 2 hours. I had a huge panic attack couldn’t stop crying. He’s tested again and absolutely clear in the 30-40 minute window after the test. Not even a faint line. Can we relax? Can tests have faint lines after the 30 minute window, like hours later and it not mean anything? I’ve had a huge panic attack this afternoon and I’m absolutely exhausted and I’m still shaking. Son is negative today and he’s the only one who’s left the house since Christmas, my husband just walks the dog.

He feels absolutely fine, no symptoms either. Can anyone calm my anxiety? My friend said it’s negative and to discount any line after half an hour as just nothing. My sons test hasn’t had any lines, we dug his out of the bin from last night and no faint lines. So I’m really worried still about my husband getting these faint lines hours after. 🥲🥲
It's not accurate after 30 mins, that's why you've got to check it after 30 minutes and no later as it might show up a positive

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Pregnancy test can do a similar thing , they call them evaporation lines I think . It's because there is a little line area on the test that detects whatever hormone or virus , and it gets wet as the sample spreads up to the control line . Sometimes after it has all dried , the detection area is visible because it has previously been wet , not because the test is positive. That's why both lfts and pregnancy tests have a small time scale to read the results.

Reactions: 7

I believe you go by the results within the 30 minutes and not after.

Reactions: 2
I believe you go by the results within the 30 minutes and not after.
Thank you, we’ve checked that most recent one after 1 hour 20 and totally negative still.

Pregnancy test can do a similar thing , they call them evaporation lines I think . It's because there is a little line area on the test that detects whatever hormone or virus , and it gets wet as the sample spreads up to the control line . Sometimes after it has all dried , the detection area is visible because it has previously been wet , not because the test is positive. That's why both lfts and pregnancy tests have a small time scale to read the results.
I remember that from doing pregnancy tests. You’re right as I had lines come up positive after 30 minutes when I wasn’t pregnant. I just wasn’t sure if the same with covid tests. You’ve reassure me so much, thank you. His most recent test is still negative after 1 hour 20.

Reactions: 3
I would take it that he is negative and does not have Covid-19. Try and relax now, easier said than done when you are in a panic.
Thank you. It really shook me up as he slept next to me last night. I’m exhausted after the panic attack.

It's not accurate after 30 mins, that's why you've got to check it after 30 minutes and no later as it might show up a positive
Thank you so much, you’ve really reassured me x

Reactions: 4
That's sad ! I just heard yesterday that one of my neighbours had a stroke a few months back trouble is she's been stuck in Turkey since it happened ( she spends the summer there she has a villa ) never told her family was afraid to worry them they had just buried their dad but I know she had the vaccine just before she left as she told me she wasn't going to bother going as she wasn't keen on it ,could be a complete coincidence of course but it's terrible she's unable to get home yet.
😔 poor thing, awful to be dealing with it on her own. People have been so trusting and still, they don't blame anyone, but if some hadn't have felt so pressured...... 😥

Reactions: 6
😔 poor thing, awful to be dealing with it on her own. People have been so trusting and still, they don't blame anyone, but if some hadn't have felt so pressured...... 😥
She's got great friends out there looking after her but decided against letting her family know as they were grieving their dad but sad all the same , just thought it coincidental after what she said :(

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.