COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pneumonia has always been offered to the most vulnerable, which includes those who have had a spleen removed.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone been vaccinated and experienced a change in their menstrual cycle? I read (admittedly on DM website) that is the latest link. Scary stuff. I hope it doesnt affect fertility for anyone but even heavier periods and more cramps is enough to put me off the vaccine.

Reactions: 3
Not really Covid-19 vaccine related but still vaccine related. I just had the flu vaccine at my local Boots pharmacy and saw a leaflet for a pneumonia vaccine - didn’t know there was one for pneumonia. It costs £70 and is a one off.
My mum (79 and v healthy) was offered this last year by her GP when she was having her flu jab.

If I'm remembering correctly, I think you only need it once for lifetime protection. She was really surprised they'd never mentioned it before.

My mum (79 and v healthy) was offered this last year by her GP when she was having her flu jab.

If I'm remembering correctly, I think you only need it once for lifetime protection. She was really surprised they'd never mentioned it before.
That is correct, it is a one off for most but some may need it more than one, this is what the pharmacist told me.

No wonder people are saying they're struggling to get appointments at their Doctors...

20,000 this month so far = £300k
Bet he hasn't even seen 4000 people in the last 12 months, other than to jab them.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Haven't caught up with much of this thread yet... but little update on where I live in West Wales... we have been told staffing in care services is dire and if it gets worse then schools will close so that council staff ( all teachers here are employed by council) who are disabled checked can go work in care homes.

Yet again kids will be missing school, and this time its the government's fault again, if they hadn't have fired the unvaccinated social care staff then they wouldn't be having this problem 😡

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Has anyone been vaccinated and experienced a change in their menstrual cycle? I read (admittedly on DM website) that is the latest link. Scary stuff. I hope it doesnt affect fertility for anyone but even heavier periods and more cramps is enough to put me off the vaccine.
There is a thread about it, in advice I think

Reactions: 1
Not really Covid-19 vaccine related but still vaccine related. I just had the flu vaccine at my local Boots pharmacy and saw a leaflet for a pneumonia vaccine - didn’t know there was one for pneumonia. It costs £70 and is a one off.
I never knew about these either until a year ago a few work colleagues got it

Sorry
I agree x I got the variant circulating in March which gave me a fever,nausea headache cough, felt very nauseous like morning sickness had to eat to keep at bay but felt sick eating 🙄couldn't taste smell,I had to look after a baby who didn't sleep good and a 6year old so
I did,and I needed a nanna sleep every day,
I also had an aching butt 😂and an
Ache
Deep in my back /chest,i
Took ibuprofen and paracetamol and all the vitamins,mannuka honey lemon etc etc,after a week I felt more normal just a little down,weird. Anyway since I reckon I've had covid lingering,phantom smells bad headaches but they are reducing. It's a different variant now,a lesser,I would be intrigued to hear how you feel in a few days. I am not vaccinated and contracted when I wasn't eligible, and no one was remotely worried not even track trace or whatever they are(I ignored them as long as I could),now they think I'm going to pop off if I get it 🤯🙄 please don't worry easier said than done, I hope you feel ok and get well super fast x
Sorry I haven’t been back on since Thursday just been sleeping and resting. Feel okay with the fever etc. Not sleeping great and my HR has increased a lot. Started to get severe stabbing pain in my back (feels like lungs) is this what you had? I’ve dosed up on pain and hoping things starting getting better tomorrow. I am only on day 2 of symptoms though so may have a long way to go ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Severe stabbing pains is not and has not ever been normal. Please get yourself checked + seen by a doctor.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sorry

Sorry I haven’t been back on since Thursday just been sleeping and resting. Feel okay with the fever etc. Not sleeping great and my HR has increased a lot. Started to get severe stabbing pain in my back (feels like lungs) is this what you had? I’ve dosed up on pain and hoping things starting getting better tomorrow. I am only on day 2 of symptoms though so may have a long way to go ☹
I’d seek medical advice if I were you especially regarding your elevated HR it could just be because you have a fever but always good to get these things checked, hope you feel better soon 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sorry

Definitely go and get checked out with an increased heart rate and stabbing pains. Take yourself up to a&e or at least call 111. It’s better to be on the safe side. I hope you feel better soon and make a swift recovery.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
no thankfully mine has been the exact same!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.