COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If they are relaxing restrictions for visitors to care homes, does that mean they will do the same for hospital patients?
I know where I live most of the care homes are run by the same trust as the hospital so they go by the same guidance.

Reactions: 2
I also think there will be a U turn on it, if they go ahead with sacking over 100,000 nhs workers that has got to be up there with one of the worst government policies to ever be implemented.

Reactions: 17
God I hope so, especially for parents taking their sick child in and only parent is allowed! 😡
At my daughters trust they have been letting more than one visitor in for seriously ill/dying patients. I think it is up to the matron to decide though at their discretion.

Wait so it's just a 'marketing ploy' to badge it as a booster because presumably people might be less likely to be sold on the idea of a 3rd jab?

And you wouldn't necessarily know which one they had available on the day, so you couldn't assume I've had 2 moderna so my booster is definitely half dose.

But online they are using clever wording to try & sell it that the booster is different to dose 1 & 2?!

I don't know why I'm surprised. This is madness, honestly 🤯
When my eldest was having chemo as a baby she had to have some of her childhood vaccinations delayed due to her ongoing treatment.

Our consultant talked is through it all and explained to us that a 'booster' was exactly the same as the previous dose. They called it a booster and it was required to 'sweep' all the ones that didn't develop immunity from the first dose. This was in the early 00's and that's what I always thought a booster was - another dose.

Most people would think a booster is some kind of top up!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I don’t give a tit why Boris is getting rid of restrictions but I’m all for it 😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I always thought a booster was another dose. No one ever told me it was a different vaccine anyway.

I also had 2 x Oxford vaccines and I'm still alive!

That is great news Ensay, millions of people have had covid and are also still alive! 😊
Do you think I should have been denied the right to have it, though? 🤔 I'm never sure with you whether you're just against having the vaccine yourself, or if you think nobody should have been allowed a covid vaccine because it's in its "trial period".

Reactions: 1
Do you think I should have been denied the right to have it, though? 🤔 I'm never sure with you whether you're just against having the vaccine yourself, or if you think nobody should have been allowed a covid vaccine because it's in its "trial period".
Of course not, your body your choice!

Reactions: 7
This poor woman must have thought her natural immunity would be enough.
Depending on the way they report deaths maybe they have her as a covid death even though she choked ? is choking a covid symptom .

Yeah Iv said it before but I think a lot of people had pretty boring, sad lives pre covid and it’s given them a ‘voice’ and a personality. I know people IRL that have made it their whole identity, what will they do when it’s over and we have all moved on and are back to enjoying our lives again? They will probably go back to shouting about Brexit to be fair 🤣🥴
It is the same people who used to go on about Brexit.
The leavers have all declined the vaccine and call themselves ' awake'
The remainers , who also voted Labour, are rushing out for boosters , and saying 'well done ' to each other when they get it.

The remainers , who also voted Labour, are rushing out for boosters , and saying 'well done ' to each other when they get it.
Bit of a generalisation there!

I voted Labour, voted leave, who is un-vaxed .. 🤔

I know people on all sides of the political parties who voted in/out. are vaxed /unvaxed.

I refuse to be divided. This is not party against party, vaxed against unvaxed this is between the 1% and the rest of us Any way they can divide us they will.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yes you posted it, but the comments that came from it were not that nice were they?
When I read the comments here or on the covid thread on people getting vaccinated/wearing masks I think it's a bit ridiculous to be then furious about some comments "from the other side" on people drinking their own urine.

Anyway it was interesting to come back around here and to see there is still the same mindset to bash people for making different choices regarding their health. Didn't miss it. Maybe it's time to move along. People won't agree on some matters and that's ok.

The only thing I am curious to know is what conspiracist theorists are going to do now that the gov lifted all restrictions. Does that mean they won the war? Or that actually there wasn't an agenda? Or that the british gov is infinitely smarter to other governments? Boris Johnson's miserable attempt to fool people that he is too dumb to have known what were the covid restrictions back in may 2020 makes me think it's not the case. Politicians are just being politicians and that has nothing to do with science or health.

Reactions: 2
I voted Labour, voted leave, who is un-vaxed .. 🤔

I know people on all sides of the political parties who voted in/out. are vaxed /unvaxed.

I refuse to be divided. This is not party against party, vaxed against unvaxed this is between the 1% and the rest of us Any way they can divide us they will.
I wasn't trying to cause a divide .

It is purely an observation that groups of people on both sides of a particular debate seem to attach themselves to a cause, there is usually one who acts as the main spokesperson, then there are the cronies who agree with them. It must give them a sense of belonging .

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.