COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Oxford vaccine hasn't been 'banned' by many countries. I know that some countries are yet to approve its use though as they go through their usual processes for these such things
You might want to check this fact, many countries approved it and later removed it from use, my own included.

what’s the difference between a medically exempt person not having a vaccine to someone not wanting a vaccine?
Both are still in forward facing rolls? Both unvaccinated? But you’re saying the reason they haven’t taken it makes them safer to patients? I’m confused 😐

a lot of elderly people died in care home settings because the government allowed them to contract a virus, then sent them back to the most vulnerable to spread it, they almost encouraged it’s rapid wildfire spreading, leave them exposed and end up with less of a burden on the economy for Boris? who knows.

Reactions: 18
Yeah Iv said it before but I think a lot of people had pretty boring, sad lives pre covid and it’s given them a ‘voice’ and a personality. I know people IRL that have made it their whole identity, what will they do when it’s over and we have all moved on and are back to enjoying our lives again? They will probably go back to shouting about Brexit to be fair 🤣🥴
Those people you see wearing masks outside, and the ones that wear them in their car when theyre on their own. They are the ones that will still be banging on about covid, paying for LTF and boosters and still wearing their stupid bleeping masks long after we've all forgotten about it and moved on.

Some people will need deprogramming, you don't just walk away from that sort of extremism.

Reactions: 17
i really dislike the coronavirus UK subreddit, anyone who even slightly disagrees with anything regarding the vaccine is downvoted a lot.
i have seen discussions about unvaccinated people having to pay more tax because of the strain they are putting on the nhs (???)
people thinking that anyone who doesn't have the vaccine are mentally unwell
discussions about unvaccinated people being stupid because they think it's going to insert a microchip or 5G whatever they mean

i've never seen such a bunch of closed minded bigots tbh, do they not realise people may just NOT want the vaccine? either through anxiety, apprehension, anti government control?? really grinds my gears.

the NHS vaccine mandate is completely horrendous in my eyes. how dare they threaten and take away people's jobs for a vaccine that doesn't even work against the new variants. i don't understand how there is not more outrage over this?? it has boiled my blood and i am praying they scrap it asap!! i don't work frontline but i am an nhs worker so it doesn't even directly affect me but i am almost reduced to tears at how frustrated i am for all you workers who've worked tirelessly throughout the pandemic just to get treated like this. totally unacceptable and the government should face legal action over it (if it goes ahead).

• Heart
Reactions: 22
i really dislike the coronavirus UK subreddit, anyone who even slightly disagrees with anything regarding the vaccine is downvoted a lot.
i have seen discussions about unvaccinated people having to pay more tax because of the strain they are putting on the nhs (???)
discussions about unvaccinated people being stupid because they think it's going to insert a microchip or 5G whatever they mean

i've never seen such a bunch of closed minded bigots tbh, do they not realise people may just NOT want the vaccine? either through anxiety, apprehension, anti government control?? really grinds my gears.

the NHS vaccine mandate is completely horrendous in my eyes. how dare they threaten and take away people's jobs for a vaccine that doesn't even work against the new variants. i don't understand how there is not more outrage over this?? it has boiled my blood and i am praying they scrap it asap!! i don't work frontline but i am an nhs worker so it doesn't even directly affect me but i am almost reduced to tears at how frustrated i am for all you workers who've worked tirelessly throughout the pandemic just to get treated like this. totally unacceptable and the government should face legal action over it (if it goes ahead).
Unfortunately there are some of the same attitudes on here, just in the last week there have been posters insinuating that ‘anti vaxxers’ drink their own pee and that we are all part of alt-right groups and must have deep rooted issues (they know because apparently they all dabbled in them when fallen on hard times 🤭). Often comments are made like ‘I almost feel bad for them if they weren’t so selfish’. It’s really turned some people into quite awful individuals.

Unfortunately there are some of the same attitudes on here, just in the last week there have been posters insinuating that ‘anti vaxxers’ drink their own pee and that we are all part of alt-right groups and must have deep rooted issues (they know because apparently they all dabbled in them when fallen on hard times 🤭). Often comments are made like ‘I almost feel bad for them if they weren’t so selfish’. It’s really turned some people into quite awful individuals.
You take things out of context. I shared on article of someone advocating it as a way of treating Covid-19. That individual is anti-vaccine and it was a generic post not aimed at anyone per se.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

I mean the exact same thing could be said about this thread. Any pro-vaccine statements are met with huge backlash and defensive statements. That’s the problem with subreddits and threads like these, they just become an echo chamber.

Reactions: 6
Which vaccine is in its trial stages that is being used? All the vaccines that are being used in the mass vaccination program have gone through all the same testing and trials as any other medicine. Are you against all medicines, I could at least understand your point of view if you were?

I don't think the hand washing analogy is bizarre. Why do staff wash their hands before treating patients? It's to help prevent infection which could be harmful to their patients. How is that any different to the Covid vaccine which helps reduce (REDUCE) the transmission of an infection which could be harmful to patients, people who by the very nature that they are in a medical setting are more vulnerable than your everyday person in the street.

Seriously? And I'm the one being accused of trolling :ROFLMAO:
Yes, seriously, and I haven’t accused you of trolling. I haven’t accused you of anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yeah Iv said it before but I think a lot of people had pretty boring, sad lives pre covid and it’s given them a ‘voice’ and a personality. I know people IRL that have made it their whole identity, what will they do when it’s over and we have all moved on and are back to enjoying our lives again? They will probably go back to shouting about Brexit to be fair 🤣🥴

I think that most of them have anxiety disorders that pre dated the pandemic .

I don't know anyone in real life who's like this .

Reactions: 6
If we are now entering potential endemic mode, and those 400k NHS workers have been fine to work till now - what’s happening on the 1st April (is that the date?)

Why are they no longer capable of doing their job? I wonder how long it will be until the NHS is privatised. And it will all be the fault of the unvaccinated no doubt 🙄

I’ve been in a job where I had to have certain vaccines before I started. But they were to protect me, no one else.
And if it was now I was doing that - I would be questioning why if I was happy with the risk.

Reactions: 10
How do people feel now the gov have dropped the enhanced measures in favour of vaccinating their way through the pandemic ! the WHO have said it could possibly be a four dose primary course for some people they have to wait and see how things develop.

If we are now entering potential endemic mode, and those 400k NHS workers have been fine to work till now - what’s happening on the 1st April (is that the date?)

Why are they no longer capable of doing their job? I wonder how long it will be until the NHS is privatised. And it will all be the fault of the unvaccinated no doubt 🙄

I’ve been in a job where I had to have certain vaccines before I started. But they were to protect me, no one else.
And if it was now I was doing that - I would be questioning why if I was happy with the risk.
They'll just say endemic doesn't mean it's less dangerous, just that it's here forever .

But the flu is dangerous to some people, colds are dangerous to some people

Isolation is dangerous to some people, poverty is dangerous to people, depression is dangerous to people.

400k less nhs staff has greater implications for so many people, being treated by an unvaccinated trained and passionate person is far preferable to having to decide between medication and food

But again what happens on the 1st April that makes it too dangerous for these people to work in the NHS?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
But the flu is dangerous to some people, colds are dangerous to some people

Isolation is dangerous to some people, poverty is dangerous to people, depression is dangerous to people.

400k less nhs staff has greater implications for so many people, being treated by an unvaccinated trained and passionate person is far preferable to having to decide between medication and food

But again what happens on the 1st April that makes it too dangerous for these people to work in the NHS?
Listening to Javids briefing it’s jabs and medications will be the way forward .I can’t see them backing down they’ve already things in place to bring in vaccinated foreign workers .I don’t see how the other nations don’t have to implement the same thing saying as it’s one NHS, why is it only England!

Reactions: 1
How do people feel now the gov have dropped the enhanced measures in favour of vaccinating their way through the pandemic ! the WHO have said it could possibly be a four dose primary course for some people they have to wait and see how things develop.

They'll just say endemic doesn't mean it's less dangerous, just that it's here forever .
I stopped following any government rules once I saw all the leaders at the G7 summit enjoying a BBQ unmasked and no social distancing, just having fun...... I'm pleased restrictions/measures will be gone soon, they couldn't really do anything else after all the leaked party stuff.... Things are unravelling now regarding covid it seems.
I'm unvaccinated, I plan on staying that way... No matter what threats they may come up with in the future.🙄🙂

• Heart
I stopped following any government rules once I saw all the leaders at the G7 summit enjoying a BBQ unmasked and no social distancing, just having fun...... I'm pleased restrictions/measures will be gone soon, they couldn't really do anything else after all the leaked party stuff.... Things are unravelling now regarding covid it seems.
I'm unvaccinated, I plan on staying that way... No matter what threats they may come up with in the future.🙄🙂
Am I right in thinking their dropping Covid passports for events etc
So atm if I went to a theatre event I’d have to show Covid pass (or neg test) but going forward this won’t be required?
I wonder how people feel who got jab because they were afraid they wouldn’t be allowed to events etc!

Reactions: 9
I think Javid is very keen to get on with things that's what I took from the briefing .

Am I right in thinking their dropping Covid passports for events etc
So atm if I went to a theatre event I’d have to show Covid pass (or neg test) but going forward this won’t be required?
I wonder how people feel who got jab because they were afraid they wouldn’t be allowed to events etc!
I think they'd feel relieved and not have anymore jabs.

Reactions: 1
If they are relaxing restrictions for visitors to care homes, does that mean they will do the same for hospital patients?

Reactions: 2
I'm hoping that the tide is turning and my daughter was right to hold out by not having the vaccine.

I thought in my bones they would do a u turn on mandating the vaccine for the NHS and fingers crossed the end is in sight 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.