Courtney Black

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started doing her workouts back in June. I only did one a day because I have a life and it isn't all focused on exercise. I mostly only did 4 a week and have had good results, not much weight lost but a decent amount of inches so I'm happy about that.

However after the August challenge I had a break and just couldn't get back into the workouts. They contain too much HIIT and I found my knees were starting to become painful. I just do the odd one here and there now. I've literally just cancelled my sub to the app as I can find workouts elsewhere which I enjoy more (and don't have to endure the stupid dancing she does)

The Facebook group is a terribly toxic place, I dip in and out occasionally but the cult mentality and the blatent spiral of people into eating disorder territory is very concerning. Its scary to see how many girls actually want to look like Courtney.

Reactions: 8
I did her first challenge in lockdown too and yes I did lose weight but I always felt like I wasn’t doing enough cos I could only fit one workout a day in cos of kids/work etc. I’m 35 so should definitely know better!!! God knows how the impressionable younger girls are coping if they can’t commit to working out twice a day.
One of my old gym instructors always said if you have to work out twice a day you’re not working hard enough in the first one (competition prep aside obvs).

Reactions: 8
Long time reader here. I cannot stand her. She is fake and the nice facade she puts on slips too often.
If you know her from Essex and when she was younger - she’s someone you don’t want to know. I love seeing people doing well and constantly praised her at the start of lockdown for doing so well for herself but now she just comes across as money desperate?
She seems to have a very boring, shallow life with hardly any friends other than her PA. would also love to know what happened to her dog!
The dancing and laughing to the camera have to stop. I don’t think she’s actually healthy at all and the cult she’s created is harmful, I don’t know why people don’t call her out for the editing of pics etc
The dog apparently got sold on a website , as it was kept in a cage all day, poor thing and became aggressive.

Im really intruiged as to what this photoshoot is for. Thinking about the fact that its going to be shown in stores around the UK, im wondering if its Boux Avenue (but that would be underwhelming). Could it be something like Nike or would that be way too big?
She is apparently earning thousands !
Big wedge

I have watched these workout videos and she looks deranged to me , she just bounces all the time everywhere trying to burn more calories , serious eating disorder going on still hidden by all the healthy eating etc

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I did her first challenge in lockdown too and yes I did lose weight but I always felt like I wasn’t doing enough cos I could only fit one workout a day in cos of kids/work etc. I’m 35 so should definitely know better!!! God knows how the impressionable younger girls are coping if they can’t commit to working out twice a day.
One of my old gym instructors always said if you have to work out twice a day you’re not working hard enough in the first one (competition prep aside obvs).
Lots of the younger people on her group are idolising her and they seem to genuinely believe she’s personally doing it all for them.

It went from her doing a couple of free live workouts because it was a bit of a trend during lockdown.
Then it quickly turned into a meticulously planned thing to get people invested in the live workouts, then only making the live workouts available if you ‘attend’ them at the scheduled time instead of leaving them up on her page for 24hrs...which will get more people to subscribe to her app to do the live workouts on there in their own time. It’s good marketing but I doubt she was the one who came up with that herself. I think if lockdown didn’t happen her app wouldn’t have taken off at the level it did.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Lots of the younger people on her group are idolising her and they seem to genuinely believe she’s personally doing it all for them.

It went from her doing a couple of free live workouts because it was a bit of a trend during lockdown.
Then it quickly turned into a meticulously planned thing to get people invested in the live workouts, then only making the live workouts available if you ‘attend’ them at the scheduled time instead of leaving them up on her page for 24hrs...which will get more people to subscribe to her app to do the live workouts on there in their own time. It’s good marketing but I doubt she was the one who came up with that herself. I think if lockdown didn’t happen her app wouldn’t have taken off at the level it did.
Insta locked off catching up on stories for everyone after a while tbf so she had no choice but to schedule them live or put them on her app. That being said she needs to realise she has a responsibility to advise people properly. The idolisation is far too extreme within that fb group its downright disturbing. I really hope she gets the help she so clearly needs soon before one of those young girls develops serious problems if they haven't done so already.

Reactions: 1
FFS she is such a show off. Loves to flaunt her wealth in front of everyone. Have you seen her stories about all her new furniture - purposely leaving the price on full show

Reactions: 16
FFS she is such a show off. Loves to flaunt her wealth in front of everyone. Have you seen her stories about all her new furniture - purposely leaving the price on full show
I find this so tacky. I only ever talk about the
price of something when it’s a bargain! Like, wooo I got some new towels from George at ASDA for £4. Not, I’ve just spent X amount on a designer purchase.

Reactions: 14
I thought that yesterday!
I’m kinda over her. I’m doing her June challenge as a final cut but I swap a bunch of the high impact stuff for low and then it’s bye bye Courtney

Reactions: 5
I hope people stop subscribing to her app after basically bragging how much money they are giving her. I think her time in the spotlight is going to be short lived.

Reactions: 9
Just seen this and it's disgusting.
I think given the current climate we are in and so many people struggling to get by it was in very poor taste to let the world know just how much she is spending.
I've unfollowed so many of these 'influencers' during lockdown as they just aren't with reality at all.

Reactions: 12
Just seen this and it's disgusting.
Lots of the girls in her group are young girls who are scraping by, this is what their £20 per month is funding! I’m all for people making something of themselves, but flaunting how much you’re spending on furniture is tasteless. The 9grand sofas down to 3grand were obviously a huge rip off in the first place or wouldn’t be reduced so much!

Reactions: 7
I just added it all up... at least £12k worth of stuff. Read the room Court!! Last week you were crying over the people that were struggling and couldn’t provide for their family over Xmas. This week you’re flaunting your wealth

• Angry
Reactions: 11
B65682C3-2B96-40B4-93E7-50F4B3E1FA4C.png
EC8EEFB7-B8E3-4FE3-BDED-AED1C23D9D6E.png
FFEB6565-C266-4FA2-B020-F61B58F0BFE4.png
F8D36A37-BB86-4BBA-B1B3-F3A20AF51046.png

for those who missed her stories.... her app must be making a killing!!! 3 and a half grand for a sofa?!! Pretty tone deaf of her tbh given the state of unemployment currently in the UK, I’m all for flaunting things you work for but this just feels very in your face when nobody even asked other than her cult followers probably

Reactions: 15
Its great that she can afford that but being so blatant with it is not cool when so many people have lost their jobs! She'll lose more subscribers soon if she carries on like that. So many other trainers out there bringing out apps that look a lot better. Stef fit has the we glow app, can do a 30 day trial before fully committing.

Reactions: 3
In the beginning the works outs seemed great, but not after doing it for 5 months I am bored and looking forward to the gyms in England re opening his week to add more variety. I was never really into jumping around and have always been in good shape yes did get in even better shape but felt my progress has slowed. I mean you can't build muscle with 5kg forever. And the group I can see how's it helpful to have community, but some people can easily slip into a disordered eating pattern. I ended up pulling a back muscle from doing one of the work outs last week and decided its time for a change, and probably a rest from HIIT.

Reactions: 6
Most def, when she does slip up and someone says something those warriors will no doubt come out in full force to shout down anyone that doesn't agree with

There really are no words for this....🙄🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️
bleeping hell I'd get a restraining order

• Haha
Most def, when she does slip up and someone says something those warriors will no doubt come out in full force to shout down anyone that doesn't agree with

There really are no words for this....🙄🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️

What a bleeping loser - grown adult as well.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.