Courtney Adamo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the same, she's always had nothing but praise for where they live, now she won't stop posting about how badly aus is handling the climate crisis. Which would seem authentic coming from anyone but her.

Cue the move to a magical utopia that she will rave about. She'll finally find her true home and her "tribe" (for 3-4 years before she finds somewhere else)

Any bets? I'm guessing Italy, where she will be insufferably trying to prove that she's the most Italian person in the world who fits in sooo well with the other Italians. Her last name is Adamo! Her dogs name is Nocciola! She makes her own pizza dough!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I doubt she’ll move her surfing sons.

I think she’s posting this to show her commitment to Australia.

This is a far cry from her London days of Amish outfits and quaint, wholesome content. Back when she made them look like an old fashioned family from an Enid Blyton story. Well, she got followers for posting about Marlow's body and I guess she intends to keep it that way. What a selfish and nasty person. She wouldn't let her kids wear bright, branded clothes but she'll encourage them to sexualize themselves for her social media :sick::(
No tv or electronics or social media for the children but dressing them like moulin rouge rejects and and posting it, along with near naked or revealing pics of the girls is ok?

Righto Courtney, remind me again how great a parent you are with your crappy raising children courses.

Dick.

Reactions: 6
Ivy was crying because of something happening with her friends at school, so mother of the year posts Ivy's private business to instagram as an advertisement for her course. She's the last person I'd go to for parenting advice.
I made an account just to talk about my theory/diagnosis of her psychology based on these behaviours! These disturbing posts are the types of behaviours that make me think Courtney has Borderline Personality Disorder. The complete lack of boundaries with her pre-teen daughter who is at an age where children really start the differentiation process (needing more space from their parents and more autonomy and respect as individual humans with their own feelings & preferences etc) is really concerning. "Hug your teens even if they don't want to!" That type of behaviour can be really traumatizing for the child - not respecting their bodily autonomy as a parent and demanding they hug you can send the message that they shouldn't expect that respect from others. Your teenagers do not secretly want to hug you when they say they don't. They aren't being sheepish or shy or playfully rebellious. They don't want a hug - period. Don't gaslight them. Respect their basic damn boundaries!

She co-opts her childrens' identities and makes them a part of her own in a way that is really bizarre. & the fact that she demonstrates no grasp whatsoever of these really basic child psych concepts and is hawking courses on child rearing is also indicative of the grandiosity that Narcissistic/Borderline type personalities have. They think they're qualified and deserving of things that they just haven't worked for. That Amanda Naturopathy screams Narcissist/Borderling/Cluster B personality type too with all the "health expertise" of a four year degree. Her anti-vax/"skepticism" (which is really just contrarianism - drama manufacture) would be infuriating if it weren't so obviously ill informed.

Reactions: 2
OK, I’m distancing myself from this psychological analysis. Not agreeing with any of the narcissistic and borderline theories. These are terms that are used very loosely these days. And even on Tattle, I personally want to steer clear of anything that even remotely sounds like a diagnosis.

That said, I think that there certainly are many teens that do want to be hugged, even though act they tougher and feel like they’re to old for that. But I think it’s not smart of Courtney to give out this type of advice that may just apply to her teens and her family. She acts like she is some sort of authority in the parenting field, when she really only knows her own family. —Sure, you have 5 kids, but they’re your own kids.You do not have any kind of professional background in working with children.

She put up stories today saying she is in a funk with her wardrobe and I thought, oh cool, maybe she’ll donate some things as she’s very rich. But no, she was selling them all! She must have just made a few hundred dollars (on clothes that were probably gifted anyway), which I find a bit greedy and unnecessary given how much money she has.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think she would have paid for a single item that she sold. I wonder how these brands feel seeing her selling their gifted items for her own profit? It seems very poor form, perhaps at least have the decency to sell privately on eBay without making such a big show of it online and attaching it to a sob story about your own imagined fashion crisis 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 5
She probably thinks she'll get more money for it if her fans know the clothes have touched her sacred skin- she is a celebrity after all 🙄

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
OK, I’m distancing myself from this psychological analysis. Not agreeing with any of the narcissistic and borderline theories. These are terms that are used very loosely these days. And even on Tattle, I personally want to steer clear of anything that even remotely sounds like a diagnosis.

That said, I think that there certainly are many teens that do want to be hugged, even though act they tougher and feel like they’re to old for that. But I think it’s not smart of Courtney to give out this type of advice that may just apply to her teens and her family. She acts like she is some sort of authority in the parenting field, when she really only knows her own family. —Sure, you have 5 kids, but they’re your own kids.You do not have any kind of professional background in working with children.
I probably should have added that I’m a practicing psychologist who specializes in Personality Disorders. I say theory because you can’t (in the US anyway) give anyone an official diagnosis without their consent. So it remains a theory until that point - though I don’t mean “theory” in that “this might be true.” It’s my professional opinion that she’s personality disordered. I think most professionals would agree upon observing her tendencies and behaviors.

Borderline and Narcissistic PD aren’t overused terms given 10-15 percent of the general population has been diagnosed with one. And that statistic is based on actual diagnosis - The real number is staggeringly higher. I would really encourage you not to discourage or gaslight people using those terms - Many of those people will be survivors of horrendous abuse.

Teenagers do not want hugs if they say they don’t. Period. There is no justifiable to hug ANYONE when they don’t want it. Least of all someone who can’t get away from you, like a child. I already laid out how it paves the way for others to physically disrespect your children if you are normalizing it. Teach your kids that they are in charge of their bodies and that you respect that - If you think for some reason that your child isn’t communicating their real feelings - Ask then why they feel like they can’t be honest with you! There is no good reason to force a hug based on your assumption of what someone else is thinking. That’s really basic boundaries.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Well, I suppose if you’re a professional, then I’m sure you can tell all these things instantly.

I meant overused, because just like terms such as anxiety or depression, narcissism and borderline (and gaslighting) have become part of everyday conversation, by non-professionals, without proper knowledge about both the terms or the people they’re talking about. Just meant to describe any kind of asshole they come across. It was my understanding it is overused by the general public and under-diagnosed by mental health professionals.

I’m actually a little surprised you’re so quick to use those terms for someone who is not your patient, but there are probably lots of red flags I’m missing as a non-professional.

I still stand by my point that this is a bridge too far to discuss about a person for me.

As for teens not wanting to hug, I’m sure you’re right. I don’t have a boundary-crossing situation in mind, but thankfully I do not have or want children, so I cannot make this huge mistake.

Reactions: 3
I was diagnosed with BPD at the age of 24 and did therapy most of which was twice a week for almost 4 years.

I know there's a spectrum but I personally wouldn't have thought of Court as having the disorder. There's never been any mention of self harm, impulsivity or emotional dysregulation.

Maybe she is just co dependent, who really knows?

All respect to medical and mental health professionals, but I have a diagnosed personality disorder, and it makes me feel icky when someone on the internet concludes that someone, who is not their patient, has a personality disorder just because they're basically an asshole lol. Courtney may well have a personality disorder, I wouldn't be shocked. But she also might just be out of touch and spoiled and incredibly self absorbed. Plenty of neurotypical and mentally healthy people have bad traits too, those of us with personality disorders (that we cannot help having) do not want to be associated with every terrible influencer. It shines more negative light on a subject that is already seen negatively by most of society. The generalization and wording of that comment is really quite concerning, discussing a group of people using such definitive terms as though we're some mysterious specimen that needs research. We're just people.

Yes, Courtney is living in her own privileged bubble, has no concept of consent or autonomy or boundaries, thinks the world revolves around her, thinks she's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and is generally selfish and irritating. Having a lot of bad traits does not inherently equal personality disorder. Having a personality disorder does not inherently equal being a bad person.

Reactions: 10
Now she's posting her teenage sons christmas list with "new undies" written at the top- it was a cute list and he seems a sweet lad, but teenagers can be mean about silly things, he probably doesn't want his school friends seeing that he's asking for undies for christmas.

Also, if your kid is asking for undies for christmas, just buy them undies, those are a necessity, not a christmas treat 😂

Now she's posting her teenage sons christmas list with "new undies" written at the top- it was a cute list and he seems a sweet lad, but teenagers can be mean about silly things, he probably doesn't want his school friends seeing that he's asking for undies for christmas.

Also, if your kid is asking for undies for christmas, just buy them undies, those are a necessity, not a christmas treat 😂
she’s a piece of 💩 for showing this. I don’t ever remember asking for undies in a Christmas list. Maybe boxers with motifs have come back into fashion.

Reactions: 2
Is she not sticking to just the one gift anymore?

I also agree that’s not a gift but something necessary.

They are at the Byron Steiner School.

Some of his school friends are probably asking for sticks and twine for Christmas to craft their own undies.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She’s probably trying to show how modest her son’s wishes are. 😖

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.