Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bubbledoggyyeah

Chatty Member
Do people mostly save up for this? Or was it already affordable?

I’m always baffled when you read stories about people who have had hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of procedures done - how do they afford it?!
Hundreds of thousands of pounds? That seems extreme.

Reactions: 2

orla1989

I’d absolutely would love a nose job :( always have... I have no money though to get it but if I was swimming in cash I would!

petitspois

VIP Member
So I’m booked in for my first ever Botox session tomorrow and filler for my marionette lines and nasolabial folds! Excited but nervous! Had a consultation and she said the marionette and nasolabial filler was the first thing she ever had done and it took years off her! Just cringing at the thought of needles in my face 😖
I honestly don't find botox hurts at all. It is literally just a scratch. I work on trying to keep my face and breathing completely relaxed but clench my hands to try to let out the tension that way.
I had profhilo and one thing I wish I'd done was to take lots of photos beforehand so you can compare at a later date. Hope you get the results you want. x

rivermonster

VIP Member
Do people mostly save up for this? Or was it already affordable?

I’m always baffled when you read stories about people who have had hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of procedures done - how do they afford it?!
These are the likes of celebs that have that much done and they probably get freebies, cheaper prices or like some don't pay their bill. It does depend on your priorities do you want to have a holiday or a procedure, which is the most important to you.

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
Can't ever get it wet? Yeah I'm crap at eyeliner but I like it so figured semi permanent would be easier...
🤣🤣🤣 sorry meant to say while they are healing! I have visions of ppl with semi permanent eyeliner wearing goggles in the rain so it doesn't get wet!

• Haha

ElChanguito

VIP Member
I have been following this girl who went to Turkey for a BBL. This is her in the clinic promo vid:

Her short term result from her Twitter:

Tbh she already had a big 🍑 beforehand.

jm234

Hello! I had a bypass in 2018. Best thing I’ve ever done! I’ve lost 8.5 stone and it changed my life. If you need any advice, I’d be happy to help
Great results incredible actually I am size 18/20 i have tried every diet going. How long was you're recovery? what can you eat ? Is it true you can't drink fizzy juice ? Thank you so much for replying

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
Filler in lips and jaw only so far.

Really would like a tummy tuck, liposuction & breast augmentation. I’ve been looking into Nords in Lithuania, but need to save up & get to my weight goal and maintain!

oddsock17

Ohh I see! Yes please do let me know how it goes I'd love to hear all about it as it's something I've thought about for a while too.
Best thing I have ever done! I look back at old pics and I look soooo tired. Now I don't look as rough haha, more refreshed and dare I say it, younger

• Heart

prinsld

i would love a blepharoplasty! would love to hear how everyone’s went as i don’t know anyone who’s had one! i was thinking of having the laser thing that leaves you with dotty scabs but i think i’d just rather go for the surgery. i’m thinking of booking a ba with the new birkdale clinic so may as well enquire for both

Rose18778

I’ve had Botox twice on forehead, frown lines and crows feet and absolutely love the results, I don’t feel frozen but skin looks so much better and smooth. Just no idea how I’m going to afford to maintain it 3-4 times a year! 😂
Nothing else yet but wouldn’t mind a breast uplift at some point.

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Thanks for the reply! Yeah that’s exactly it 😅 didn’t have a clue what was ahead of me last time so I didn’t care!
If it makes you feel any better I was SO nervous on the day but everything went absolutely fine. No complications, 2 weeks of recovery and then back to work! And most importantly, way more happier with them now. Good luck!

• Heart

Veilside

Chatty Member
So do you think, if possible, just go for an uplift? I've always had big boobs my whole life so I'd be used of them being on the large side. It's now I'm older and fatter and I've lost some breast tissue that I'm gutted. That's the scary thing, if they needed to be recalled or if the implants started poisoning your body 🤔 so much to consider

So sorry your son had cancer that must have been horrific 😢
I had to have an uplift as I had a lot more breast tissue than I did before I had my implants, my surgeon said when they sat me up during the op my boobs sat just below my ribs, so glad I went with the uplift 😂
They say implants have a life span of 10yrs, although my first surgeon did say they could last a lot longer than that but they recommended you replace them every 10yrs. The surgeon I had this time was not in favour of breast implants at all, in fact I’d say she was totally against them and she is seeing a lot more women having them removed. I’ve seen quite a few TikTok videos on my fyp recently of women having theirs removed because of implant illness (something like that) personally I can’t recall mine making me feel ill in any way. Recovery from explant and uplift was an absolute breeze compared to the recovery from implant 😅
Like I said I absolutely loved mine for the first few years as I had never had boobs before, they were fantastic. Now I’m a small C cup so still bigger than before I had them which is why I think I’m so glad I had them removed.

Unfortunately my son still has cancer, incurable, so that played a massive part in wanting mine out within 4wks so I could focus on him and his treatment.

• Heart
I had braces as an adult which came with composite bonding bc my teeth were small. I don’t regret it at all tbh. It looks extremely natural

I’m quite interested in getting coolsculpting under my chin but Im worried about getting that thing that happened to Linda Evangelista. I saw a picture of myself from about 7 years ago where I was gaunt except under my chin and it upset me a bit because at the time I thought I was fat bc of the chin thing. I didn’t realise that i was actually underweight. It really is crazy how much one thing can distort your body image
I've had body contouring. Noy cool sculpting though. The body contouring was like a suction thing, infer red thing and hot thing. It was really good. I've had love handles and a little belly pooch my whole life and it's all gone. So there are other options that cool sculpting, because thought the same as you about it.

I've got a consultation next week about my neck and chin and she hinted fat reduction injections and skin tightening. So I'll up date on how it goes.

• Heart

SIXTYNINEDUDES!

VIP Member
Really considering Liposuction and tummy tuck. I've spent the past 2-3 years trying to shift the weight and it's not working. I don't know where to start either. Any recommendations for uk surgeons or any good places abroad?
Have you tried saxenda / ozempic. I'm almost 50 and haven't been able to lose weight on own since menopause.

I'm now on Ozempic (when I can get it) and have lost 4 stone. Just a personal opinion, but lipo and a tummy tuck are only worth it if you've actually lost weight but need to target loose skin and some problematic pockets of fat.

LittleLottieLoo

I've had a lower body lift, arm/arm pit lift and lipo. Extremely impressed with my results, flat tummy and a nice bum!

I'll get new melons soon and that's me finite ✌

Iced Coffee

Ah I was considering the under chin injections but you’ve made me rethink it now. What would you recommend instead then? X
Thank you- that was the only thing I would have had done. What is the betree solution for that? Because I fear losing weight won’t fix it.
You'd honestly be surprised -- losing weight can make a big difference on fat below the chin. If you're looking for a more dramatic improvement though, your best options would probably be either liposuction or CoolSculpting. Liposuction is obviously a surgical procedure (aka a bit more invasive) but it will permanently remove the fat cells. CoolSculpting is nonsurgical and "freezes away" the fat cells, but it may require a series of treatment sessions over the course of a few months to get the final results you're looking for. Search for "CoolMini" if you'd like to learn more about the specific "under the chin" version of the CoolSculpting procedure.

For the record, the fat reduction injections do work. But from what I've heard from clients, the recovery process makes you look like a bullfrog after and can be fairly uncomfortable.

What would you suggest for jowls and a very wrinkly neck. My face otherwise isn’t bad - thanks
I would love information about a jaw lift (not sure if that’s the right term - I want to get rid of the saggy skin around my jawline and jowls I am getting as I get older). Likely cost, pain, recovery time etc
When it comes to saggy skin along the jaw and neck, a facelift or a neck lift is the best bet! These procedures will tighten the skin, readjust any drooping facial muscles, and help define the jawline. If you'd like a nonsurgical solution, you would probably want to look into laser treatments that utilize radiofrequency (RF) energy. The heat from the laser stimulates collagen production and helps tone the area, but the results won't be as dramatic as a traditional surgical procedure.

As for cost, I'm an American so I only know North American prices. A facelift usually goes for around 10 to 15k. The cost can vary a bit depending on your surgeon's level of experience, etc. But this is definitely a procedure you shouldn't cut corners on! It's worth the investment -- it's your face after all, haha. When it comes to recovery, you can expect to go back to work around 2 to 3 weeks after the procedure. But your results will continue to develop over several months as your skin and muscles settle into place and swelling subsides.

annanuttall

VIP Member
It's not exactly cosmetic procedures, but I'm about to have some i-lipo in the next hour. Really want to drop a stone a weight before x-mas.

Reactions: 1

Blonde_moment

Chatty Member
I have 6 porcelain veneers. First has them done free on NHS when I was 17, as I had brown marks on my teeth due to too much fluoride. Had to have them all replaced about 11 years later which cost me about £3,000. Still have the same veneers another 11 years on, except for the middle two which I had to have replaced in the last 6 years at a cost of about £600 per tooth.
I can’t say I regret them, as they have improved my smile massively, but they are very expensive and you never know when they could get damaged, leading to an expensive bill. I would only recommend them to someone whose smile can’t be improved by braces or whitening. My teeth couldn’t be whitened, which is why I went down the veneers route.

Reactions: 1