Coronavirus - living alone? Join our thread!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning everyone. Just logged on and working from home this morning. Sun is shining up in Aberdeen.

Horrible weekend when my boyfriend of a year, whom I lived with - dumped me by text! Delightful. So back home and trying to take my mind off things.
I’m sorry to hear that 💓

Last night I tried to re add my ex to Snapchat and he ignored it. I can’t blame him, it was me who walked away.

What is posh yoghurt? (Genuinely curious) 😂
I’m maybe showing how common I am as everyone else maybe thinks this is standard yoghurt 😂 picked up ‘the best’ Greek yoghurt rather than the cheap brand and also got a yoghurt with a fruit compote which is posh for me!

Morning everyone. Just logged on and working from home this morning. Sun is shining up in Aberdeen.

Horrible weekend when my boyfriend of a year, whom I lived with - dumped me by text! Delightful. So back home and trying to take my mind off things.
I’m from your neck of the woods, the sun shining makes a change doesn’t it!
He sounds like a total prick, it may not feel like it right now but you’re better off without him and deserve someone who respects and cares about you.
On the plus side at least you’re not on lockdown with him!

Reactions: 2
I’m maybe showing how common I am as everyone else maybe thinks this is standard yoghurt 😂 picked up ‘the best’ Greek yoghurt rather than the cheap brand and also got a yoghurt with a fruit compote which is posh for me!

He sounds like a total prick, it may not feel like it right now but you’re better off without him and deserve someone who respects and cares about you.
Your posh level has gone through the roof!!!! Perhaps they should make room for you at Balmoral Castle! Make sure you bring your compote though 😂

• Haha

Aw are you? Aberdeen too? I love hearing from people that are from here. He's been amazing the entire year we've been together but to now do this to me has shown true colours I suppose. Will take time but I will get there!

I’m sorry to hear that 💓

Last night I tried to re add my ex to Snapchat and he ignored it. I can’t blame him, it was me who walked away.
Maybe for the best that he ignored it? I know it's hard. My ex is still viewing all of my snaps, think I should delete him off it.

Aw are you? Aberdeen too? I love hearing from people that are from here. He's been amazing the entire year we've been together but to now do this to me has shown true colours I suppose. Will take time but I will get there!
Yeah, I think there are a few people on here from round this way as they comment on the Mrs Meldrum thread.

I had similar with an ex, thought he was great the whole time we were together and was devastated when he dumped me by text. Even tried to persuade him to get back together! Then hindsight kicked in and I realised he had actually been a tit boyfriend. I’m quite ruthless and have deleted all my exes numbers etc. so I can’t contact them. I’ve given up and just going to be on my own, I always pick such useless guys 🤦‍♀️ Take care of yourself, you’ll get there

Reactions: 4
Yeah, I think there are a few people on here from round this way as they comment on the Mrs Meldrum thread.

I had similar with an ex, thought he was great the whole time we were together and was devastated when he dumped me by text. Even tried to persuade him to get back together! Then hindsight kicked in and I realised he had actually been a tit boyfriend. I’m quite ruthless and have deleted all my exes numbers etc. so I can’t contact them. I’ve given up and just going to be on my own, I always pick such useless guys 🤦‍♀️ Take care of yourself, you’ll get there
Yeah I have a text written and was going to write a letter, but then I think to myself why would I want to be with someone who can dump me by text after asking me to move in several months ago. Pretty unreal to be honest. It hurts but will get there!

Reactions: 3
Yeah I have a text written and was going to write a letter, but then I think to myself why would I want to be with someone who can dump me by text after asking me to move in several months ago. Pretty unreal to be honest. It hurts but will get there!
Exactly right. You can do so much better than him. You’ll get there but it’s hard for a while. My benchmark was when I could listen to Lewis Capaldi without crying I knew I was getting there 😂

• Haha
Exactly right. You can do so much better than him. You’ll get there but it’s hard for a while. My benchmark was when I could listen to Lewis Capaldi without crying I knew I was getting there 😂
I know. I've enquired about getting a dog so just need to focus on that. I'm giving up on men completely! 😂

• Heart
I know. I've enquired about getting a dog so just need to focus on that. I'm giving up on men completely! 😂
I would love a dog so much! Especially during lockdown but when I’m back to work as normal I won’t be in to take it out 😔 So realistically it’s a no.
If you get one post photos! 😍

I would love a dog so much! Especially during lockdown but when I’m back to work as normal I won’t be in to take it out 😔 So realistically it’s a no.
If you get one post photos! 😍
To be honest it's the same for me, but I can go home at lunch and will look at getting a dog walker. Think it'll be the best thing I ever do.

I definitely will!

Reactions: 1
It think eventually there may need to be a separate thread for Corona virus break ups....and it will get longer and longer 😂

• Haha
My dog has kept me sane this past few weeks from comments everyplace he is better company than some husband's boyfriends or partners ha ha

Hello from West London. Anybody else from this area?

I feel so sad when I look back at how life was a year ago. Exactly in March 2019 I had just gotten a pay raise, moved into a new flat, was looking forward to my family coming over to spend Easter together. I was on top of the world. I could never imagine life would change so drastically 1 year later :cry::( living by myself doesn't help in this crisis.
👋 waving back at you from nw london.xx

I’m all alone and about to start my 2nd week of isolation. I don’t have any friends or family living close by so I have a volunteer doing some basic food shopping for me tomorrow.

Facebook tells me that 5 years ago I’d just spent £160 so my old cat could take a piss so I guess the end of March is not the best of times for me 😂

Also if you’re looking for something to binge watch I wouldn’t recommend a post apocalyptic series. I’m getting ready to arm myself with weapons!

Reactions: 1
Hey, how is everyone?
I feel quite down today. I have my 7 year old here but having no adult interaction is getting to me. I'll never take a trip to the pub or even a day in uni for granted again 😂

Reactions: 3
Hey, how is everyone?
I feel quite down today. I have my 7 year old here but having no adult interaction is getting to me. I'll never take a trip to the pub or even a day in uni for granted again 😂
Hello! I’m alright today, fuelled up with coffee and pottering around working from home. My manager wants a catch up on video call this week so I may have to pretend I’m not wearing pyjamas 😂
Another beautiful day so curtains and windows open for some fresh air.
Hope everyone is well.

Hello everyone!

I'm struggling through the days, which is weird given I'm busy with work. Finding I'm much better at night. Removed my ex from Snapchat last night and he is still viewing my snaps...why is he bothering!

Loving having the windows open for fresh air right now! :love:

Reactions: 6
Hello, I'm new to this thread and hope you don't mind me joining in. I live alone (north east) with my dog and cat, no friends or family nearby - I moved here just before Christmas so haven't got to know anyone yet. I have a guilty secret though - I actually don't mind this self isolation thing at all, to be honest. I'm quite enjoying being able to shut the front door and please myself what I'm going to do, and sort of forget all the crap that's going on out there (& all the crap that's been cluttering up my life for too long...!) I've got plenty of books to read, paintings to do, and if the housework and ironing doesn't get done as often at the moment, then what the hell. Nobody's crossing my threshold to see anytime soon. And there's Masterchef three nights a week - what's not to like? As long as my sons check in regularly on WhatsApp so I know they're ok, I can do this :D

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hello, I'm new to this thread and hope you don't mind me joining in. I live alone (north east) with my dog and cat, no friends or family nearby - I moved here just before Christmas so haven't got to know anyone yet. I have a guilty secret though - I actually don't mind this self isolation thing at all, to be honest. I'm quite enjoying being able to shut the front door and please myself what I'm going to do, and sort of forget all the crap that's going on out there (& all the crap that's been cluttering up my life for too long...!) I've got plenty of books to read, paintings to do, and if the housework and ironing doesn't get done as often at the moment, then what the hell. Nobody's crossing my threshold to see anytime soon. And there's Masterchef three nights a week - what's not to like? As long as my sons check in regularly on WhatsApp so I know they're ok, I can do this :D
Fantastic! Nice to see some positivity. I’m definitely embracing this self isolation also.