Coronavirus - living alone? Join our thread!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it really hard to get out of bed at the moment. Just did a schedule for the next days... I don't know if I can stick to it but I hope it will give me a little bit more structure.... Past days I've been in bed until 11 something and then watched Netflix / played Sims but I've felt really depressed about it so something has to change.
I love the sims!

Reactions: 1
Hi everyone! I hope its okay for me to join this thread...I'm not technically living alone, I live with my partner but he's a key worker. He is working incredibly long shifts and is asleep within an hour of getting home every day. I've no kids. I don't get on well with my family. So yeah I'm pretty lonely at the moment.

I suffer with anxiety and depression. Last week I didn't get out of bed at all. This week I've made a daily to do list to get me up and moving.

It's great to have found this thread...I hope I'm able to offer some support.

Reactions: 7
Hi everyone! I hope its okay for me to join this thread...I'm not technically living alone, I live with my partner but he's a key worker. He is working incredibly long shifts and is asleep within an hour of getting home every day. I've no kids. I don't get on well with my family. So yeah I'm pretty lonely at the moment.

I suffer with anxiety and depression. Last week I didn't get out of bed at all. This week I've made a daily to do list to get me up and moving.

It's great to have found this thread...I hope I'm able to offer some support.
The more the merrier here!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hello . I hope it’s okay for me to post. I’m just not sure how much longer I can continue to keep going . I reached out to two people today one a very close friend who knows I’m alone and don’t have a support network and the other someone who had been really kind to me yesterday and although she doesn’t know me well I was pretty sure she was a safe bet.
The thing is ... both these people have read my messages and haven’t bothered replying ... both of them . I didn’t ask for anything in my message I just reached out for a bit of contact and I’ve been ignored ... twice.
I’m not sure why and I’m not sure how to fix it. I feel so so low right now .
There’s a free site called 7 cups of tea where you can chat to a stranger. They can’t give you advice but I’ve always found it helpful. It’s a therapy site so it’s not random weirdos/pervs. I’ve gone on there to chat but also signed up as a “listener” to help others which is also good as a distraction (as long as it won’t upset you to hear ppls problems). Hope you feel better soon!

Reactions: 5
Kind of scared. Eating some food and can barely taste it... that’s a symptom right?

although everytime I get an ache anywhere I think I’ve got it 😂

Kind of scared. Eating some food and can barely taste it... that’s a symptom right?

I had one of those days last week when I had a cough. Everything ended up fine in the end

Hello and sorry if it has been mentioned, I've just been reading that the big supermarkets have said they will be stopping the restrictions on shopping
in April. We might be able to eat something other than peas on toast :p

Reactions: 3
Really exhausted today, been keeping funny hours and my anxiety is very bad so guessing my body is telling me to rest.

Reactions: 2
Sending you all hugs. Does anyone have a good book recommendation that has a strong single lead? I'm trying to remind myself that being alone is better than being with a tit bird. ;)

The longer I'm alone the more I fear I'll be willing to settle after all this. And to think, I'd just achieved so much in therapy!

Reactions: 6
God I wish I had someone here at home with me. This is destroying my mental health. I was already severely depressed before this and this couldn’t have come at a worse time. Feels like the universe is trying to push me too far. The pure loneliness is utter torture.

Reactions: 4
I went to bed at 9:30 yesterday, got up at 7 today and went on a 40minute walk and was then quite productive (at least until 2 pm ). Will try to do the same tonight/tomorrow.

Reactions: 3
God I wish I had someone here at home with me. This is destroying my mental health. I was already severely depressed before this and this couldn’t have come at a worse time. Feels like the universe is trying to push me too far. The pure loneliness is utter torture.
I really feel for you and I’m sorry to hear you are feeling so low.

I went to bed at 9:30 yesterday, got up at 7 today and went on a 40minute walk and was then quite productive (at least until 2 pm ). Will try to do the same tonight/tomorrow.
Stick with it! Sounds like you had a much better day today

I phoned my gran today who is well over 90. She says the news is too doom and gloom so she’s sticking to Countdown and doing her puzzles. She misses having visitors etc. but is coping well with phone calls. I’ve told her about the channel 5 films in the afternoon so hoping for her reviews next week. I’ve just discovered them and am loving them so far. 🤣

Ive had a busy day with work and been rewatching a comedy series I like.

So far, so good 🤞

Hope everyone is keeping well. Remember it won’t be like this forever. Hang in there

Reactions: 7
I phoned my gran today who is well over 90. She says the news is too doom and gloom so she’s sticking to Countdown and doing her puzzles. She misses having visitors etc. but is coping well with phone calls. I’ve told her about the channel 5 films in the afternoon so hoping for her reviews next week. I’ve just discovered them and am loving them so far. 🤣

Ive had a busy day with work and been rewatching a comedy series I like.

So far, so good 🤞

Hope everyone is keeping well. Remember it won’t be like this forever. Hang in there
Did you watch yesterdays one? I'm already looking forward to this afternoon 😂

I'm back to work today (key worker problems) but usual post work activities are cancelled. I admit I'd prefer to be working for some stimulation!

Also just noticed I'm VIP now <3

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Sending you lots of hugs and if you need to talk, I’m here. Sounds like there are a lot of great people on this thread so please don’t feel as though you are alone.
I had to sign up for counselling myself in the last week as was struggling but appreciate I’m in a fortunate position to be able to pay for it. x