Coronavirus - living alone? Join our thread!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello, I'm new to this thread and hope you don't mind me joining in. I live alone (north east) with my dog and cat, no friends or family nearby - I moved here just before Christmas so haven't got to know anyone yet. I have a guilty secret though - I actually don't mind this self isolation thing at all, to be honest. I'm quite enjoying being able to shut the front door and please myself what I'm going to do, and sort of forget all the crap that's going on out there (& all the crap that's been cluttering up my life for too long...!) I've got plenty of books to read, paintings to do, and if the housework and ironing doesn't get done as often at the moment, then what the hell. Nobody's crossing my threshold to see anytime soon. And there's Masterchef three nights a week - what's not to like? As long as my sons check in regularly on WhatsApp so I know they're ok, I can do this :D
Hello! I know exactly what you mean 👍🏻

Reactions: 1
I think it helps that I've got antisocial old bag tendencies, although in these surreal times, I'm ahead of the trend, it seems. And if I ever start to crack, I just think it could be so much worse...being cooped up with some hairy-arsed manchild whingeing and getting in the way. (Other types of men are available, obviously, but it'd be just my luck to be stuck with one of these, and nowhere to build a patio.)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm trying to embrace it. It's not often I can sit in my joggers, with a cup of tea and a film on in the background whilst working :)

Reactions: 6
Did anyone see the Channel 5 afternoon film today? I've never watched them before and loved it! Absolutely ridiculous 😂

Aw are you? Aberdeen too? I love hearing from people that are from here. He's been amazing the entire year we've been together but to now do this to me has shown true colours I suppose. Will take time but I will get there!

Maybe for the best that he ignored it? I know it's hard. My ex is still viewing all of my snaps, think I should delete him off it.
He re added me lol

Oh really? Have you two been chatting?

I'm hoping that all this extra time is making my ex think of the way he handled things and make him realise it was horrific!

Yes we watched it too! It was brilliant!
Are they always so good?! Might make a point of watching every day haha. When she got the frying pan I was pissing myself, and the fight between the 'stepmother' and mum 🤣

Oh really? Have you two been chatting?

I'm hoping that all this extra time is making my ex think of the way he handled things and make him realise it was horrific!
Hope so! Prick. Guys are definitely wired differently but that's not an excuse to treat you like that.

Are they always so good?! Might make a point of watching every day haha. When she got the frying pan I was pissing myself, and the fight between the 'stepmother' and mum 🤣

Hope so! Prick. Guys are definitely wired differently but that's not an excuse to treat you like that.
My mum said there's usually good ones on a Friday! I never usually watch them but I'll be watching tomorrows one 😂

I'm feeling a bit better about it all today but it definitely comes in waves. He's still viewing all my Snapchats on my story...hope it's making him realise. Absolute twit! Dreading having to go and get my things after lockdown though! 😒

Told you!!!! They are gloriously bad

Is this going to be a corona virus love story ❤
What mine? It's a Covid-19 break up story :LOL: Not sure about love story haha!

My mum said there's usually good ones on a Friday! I never usually watch them but I'll be watching tomorrows one 😂

I'm feeling a bit better about it all today but it definitely comes in waves. He's still viewing all my Snapchats on my story...hope it's making him realise. Absolute twit! Dreading having to go and get my things after lockdown though! 😒

Is this going to be a corona virus love story ❤
What mine? It's a Covid-19 break up story :LOL: Not sure about love story haha!
[/QUOTE]
They always keep the “best” ones on channel 5 for Friday. Sets my weekend off early 😂

I may be hooked! I'm looking forward to tomorrows instalment already. I wonder what Friday will bring. The mind boggles.

Glad you're feeling a bit better about it. You deserve someone who will treat you with respect, not someone who dumps you by text after a year. Hope everything goes OK getting your stuff back.

I don't have Snapchat, too old for it 😂 Don't think I'm missing much

Reactions: 4
Hello . I hope it’s okay for me to post. I’m just not sure how much longer I can continue to keep going . I reached out to two people today one a very close friend who knows I’m alone and don’t have a support network and the other someone who had been really kind to me yesterday and although she doesn’t know me well I was pretty sure she was a safe bet.
The thing is ... both these people have read my messages and haven’t bothered replying ... both of them . I didn’t ask for anything in my message I just reached out for a bit of contact and I’ve been ignored ... twice.
I’m not sure why and I’m not sure how to fix it. I feel so so low right now .

• Sad
Hello . I hope it’s okay for me to post. I’m just not sure how much longer I can continue to keep going . I reached out to two people today one a very close friend who knows I’m alone and don’t have a support network and the other someone who had been really kind to me yesterday and although she doesn’t know me well I was pretty sure she was a safe bet.
The thing is ... both these people have read my messages and haven’t bothered replying ... both of them . I didn’t ask for anything in my message I just reached out for a bit of contact and I’ve been ignored ... twice.
I’m not sure why and I’m not sure how to fix it. I feel so so low right now .
They may not be ignoring you. Everyone is finding these conditions difficult. They may just not be in the correct headspace to offer someone else the best help they can.

They may not be ignoring you. Everyone is finding these conditions difficult. They may just not be in the correct headspace to offer someone else the best help they can.

Thank you so much for replying to me. I appreciate it.
I guess I didn’t really ask them for help or give any indication I was feeling down ... I asked one of them if there was anything I could do to help clear their to do list (colleague from work). And I asked the other how she was and shared a positive quote. But really behind it all was me just hoping for connection. I’m gutted neither of them replied . I feel like I shouldn’t disturb them again.

Thank you so much for replying to me. I appreciate it.
I guess I didn’t really ask them for help or give any indication I was feeling down ... I asked one of them if there was anything I could do to help clear their to do list (colleague from work). And I asked the other how she was and shared a positive quote. But really behind it all was me just hoping for connection. I’m gutted neither of them replied . I feel like I shouldn’t disturb them again.
I think if you’re feeling down and really need to connect with people, then come straight out and say it to them. People will be very understanding at this time. They genuinely may not have been able to read between the lines.

Reactions: 2
I think if you’re feeling down and really need to connect with people, then come straight out and say it to them. People will be very understanding at this time. They genuinely may not have been able to read between the lines.

That’s really good advice. Thank you for being so kind to me.

I find it really hard to get out of bed at the moment. Just did a schedule for the next days... I don't know if I can stick to it but I hope it will give me a little bit more structure.... Past days I've been in bed until 11 something and then watched Netflix / played Sims but I've felt really depressed about it so something has to change.

I find it really hard to get out of bed at the moment. Just did a schedule for the next days... I don't know if I can stick to it but I hope it will give me a little bit more structure.... Past days I've been in bed until 11 something and then watched Netflix / played Sims but I've felt really depressed about it so something has to change.
I think a schedule is a great idea. I’ve stuck with my university schedule and my son has stick with his school schedule, right down to his break times. I’ve also kept dinner and bedtimes the same. It’s really helped. It’s so easy to get stuck in a depressing cycle.