Coronavirus issues - what are you cancelling, changing, buying?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve not bought anything extra, I do think I need to get a few bits in the next few days just incase, but not excessive.
just read that Harry Potter world is closed so need to watch that and see if we need to rearrange what we’ve already booked. But I’m pretty much gonna take it day by day. I’m still planning on going to Cornwall at Easter and up to London to use the hotel we’ve booked there even if we can’t do Harry Potter

Reactions: 2
I went shopping last night and bulk bought sanitary products 😂 If we go into lockdown I'm not coping without those 😁
I did this 🙋‍♀️ house full of girls. The bathroom cabinet has never looked so stocked 😂

All I want is ONE single solitary bag of bleeping pasta for Christ’s sake honestly I am at my wits end with this.
I've noticed random shops like Home Bargains are fully stocked. I went in for all our toiletries and picked up a bag of tagliatelle. As you do.

Reactions: 4
My partners sister is staying with us at the minute and she is stressed that she may need to buy a laptop which she cant really afford to work from home. She is only in a basic admin entry level type job at a college but they are saying she needs to be prepared to work remotely and she is getting worried that they may sack her because she doesn't have a laptop, all her other colleagues are more senior and have own laptops and ipads. It doesn't seem right that they would make the lowest paid member of staff buy there own laptop but she worries if she honestly tells them she cant afford it she will loose her job
She should get something in writing asap. Email her boss to say that she understands she might need to work from home which she accepts. Explain that without a laptop she will be limited to what she can achieve. If they reply to confirm that she will be provided with one- bingo. If they dare to suggest that she needs to buy one from her own money then she can claim unfair dismissal. They key is to get it IN WRITING! Good luck.

**edit I would be absolutely gobsmacked if they are stupid enough to think that if they request that she works from home then they can shirk their duty to provide her with the necessary resources to do so**

Reactions: 3
28 substitutions on my asda online shop 😂to be fair to them they are actually all fine and decent subs nothing silly.
BUT the toilet roll that WAS available to order is unavailable and no subs lol

Reactions: 1
So. Literally cannot find any toilet roll.

Anywhere.

Tesco delivery didn't send it. None in local shops.

Have not stockpiled nor planning too just need a normal amount.

Anywhere you've seen stocking any?! Online even? (Even Amazon not looking good!) And when I checked bloody eBay:
Screenshot_2020-03-14-15-34-05.png

Last edited:
Was just in Asda and heard a little old lady asking about toilet roll. She said she’d been in yesterday morning, yesterday evening and now this morning and afternoon and she still can’t get any. Felt so sorry for her. It’s crazy. Those most vulnerable aren’t always able to get there quickly.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
We were down to last 2 rolls managed get 9 pack tucked away back local Superdrug.
Went in small shops today for cereal milk and snacks dident want go near the big ones as they either busy or sold out lots of stuff.

Do you think we might have supply issues for many months as it gets worse.
Next pay day is 30th I prefer shop weekly but maybe 1 big April monthly shop woukd be wiser if there's stuff to buy.

Was just in Asda and heard a little old lady asking about toilet roll. She said she’d been in yesterday morning, yesterday evening and now this morning and afternoon and she still can’t get any. Felt so sorry for her. It’s crazy. Those most vulnerable aren’t always able to get there quickly.
Gah I hate this. I just went to Tesco in person as my online order had been a massive fail and saw an elderly gentleman looking for some and I told him there was none in the other shops nearby either (as I'd been to those first), if I'd had found some I'd have given it to him, I don't mind using wipes or whatever because I can go back and check more than they can/should be, it's just terrible.

• Sad
People who are buying extra loo rolls, pasta etc ‘because everyone else is’ are part of the problem. We aren’t stockpiling anything, worst case scenario if we are isolated friends and family can leave groceries on the doorstep.
Everyone needs to calm down! Yes the virus is a concern but panicking Is just going to make things worse.

The sad thing is while people are bulk buying and stocking up the most vulnerable in society are unable to get hold of essentials. Remember that before you fill your trolley with andrex!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
People who are buying extra loo rolls, pasta etc ‘because everyone else is’ are part of the problem. We aren’t stockpiling anything, worst case scenario if we are isolated friends and family can leave groceries on the doorstep.
Everyone needs to calm down! Yes the virus is a concern but panicking Is just going to make things worse.

The sad thing is while people are bulk buying and stocking up the most vulnerable in society are unable to get hold of essentials. Remember that before you fill your trolley with andrex!
I have bought extra toilet rolls only because people are going mad and when you do run out you might not be able to buy any. I have got enough food to last me 2 weeks but I've not bought any pasta as i already had one bag (before the hoarding started).

I have not gone ott but we big famiky off 6 so got enough for 2 weeks plus few extra for neighbours and freinds should they need anything.
I have planned 14 evening dinners 14 possible breakfasts and 14 possible lunches plus some snacks that won't last a week.
We brought 1 pack toiliet rolls and 1 pack of wipes

There was plenty of toilet roll in my Morrison’s, Savers and corner shop today. As I was leaving Savers the shop assistant wheeled out a pallet full.

I suggested making our own toilet roll to hubs if we had to and he looked at me like i had three heads.

Big Tesco has ZERO hand soap. What the heck. Just a sign saying “limited to five per customer” FIVE. Honestly it should be one or two maximum.

I was thinking about potential loo roll situation and if it came to it and there was nothing to be found in any shops in the entire country 😂 I would resort to sorting myself out and hosing down in the shower or something... there’s always a way. People managed it before in the dark ages 😂 using leaves and whatnot!
it’s not the end of the world for most of us. I can understand those with health issues that mean loo roll is essential.
Or you could use baby wipes (but don’t flush them obviously). There are options! Baby wipes seem to be readily available I’ve not seen any shortage of those around so if you’re really worried maybe grab a couple packs of those as backup?
Yes! We all have them old towels stashed away that can be easily cut down to be used as a substitute, washed and re-used.

Good point about no shortage of baby wipes....come to think of it nappies and baby food and baby milk seem to be pretty stocked from what i have seen 🤔🤔[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3

yep. Just overheard a couple in Morrison. Woman had a couple of packs of pasta in hand, partner was saying to her; we’ve already got this and that at home we don’t need it and she replied with a similar, everyone else is buying so we probably should.

The ONLY little tiny benefit I saw personally today was all the bits I ordered on Asda which were smart price or basic range have been subbed for much nicer branded stuff (Heinz, Kellogg’s ect) 😂 I’ll take that

I stocked up on a few little extras like biscuits and crisps but I’ve opened them already and I’m not sure that was the point 😂

Last edited:
Wipe your arse on tissues or kitchen roll if you get desperate. Plenty of those on the shelves.

Reactions: 6
Wipe your arse on tissues or kitchen roll if you get desperate. Plenty of those on the shelves.
Neither of those would break down very well in our sewage systems so they can't go down the bog. Just a friendly PSA for everyone. :)

Reactions: 5
In my 14 years of working in retail, what I experienced yesterday was like nothing I've ever seen before. I work for Morrisons, we've had a pretty good stock of things like toilet roll and bleach since the limits were put into place last week, but hand sanitiser/soap and pasta...that was another story. Literally every single till was open, people's trollies piled high...it was like Christmas, only way worse. I tried to do my weekly shop as I'd been paid, the glares I experienced from people for daring to have toilet roll and gluten free pasta in my trolley...my goodness. The home delivery pickers had to contend with people taking things out of their delivery totes when their backs were turned. I'm just waiting for it to turn physical...it's only a matter of time. before it does 😩

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
In my 14 years of working in retail, what I experienced yesterday was like nothing I've ever seen before. I work for Morrisons, we've had a pretty good stock of things like toilet roll and bleach since the limits were put into place last week, but hand sanitiser/soap and pasta...that was another story. Literally every single till was open, people's trollies piled high...it was like Christmas, only way worse. I tried to do my weekly shop as I'd been paid, the glares I experienced from people for daring to have toilet roll and gluten free pasta in my trolley...my goodness. The home delivery pickers had to contend with people taking things out of their delivery totes when their backs were turned. I'm just waiting for it to turn physical...it's only a matter of time. before it does 😩
awful. I feel for those of you working in supermarkets especially! Just had my asda order delivered and the poor guy said it’s absolutely mental and such hard work. I felt so bad even having it delivered when he said that but I have no car so I always do an online shop once a month. I did not go overboard and only ordered a couple of extra tins of soup nothing major.

Reactions: 7