Coronavirus issues - what are you cancelling, changing, buying?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
awful. I feel for those of you working in supermarkets especially! Just had my asda order delivered and the poor guy said it’s absolutely mental and such hard work. I felt so bad even having it delivered when he said that but I have no car so I always do an online shop once a month. I did not go overboard and only ordered a couple of extra tins of soup nothing major.
I have friends who work in all the other supermarkets and they say they're exactly the same. Can't put items on the shelf without them being grabbed and argued over. I keep getting it in the neck because there's nothing of a certain item on the shelves. We're working from delivery to delivery, there's no stock of these things out the back. They seem to take it as a personal slight and that I must be lying. It's frustrating, upsetting and tiring. And I can't see an end in sight to the madness.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I done an online shop for Morrisons on Tuesday and they had no slots for a week. It's coming on the 19th. Usually you can get a delivery within 2/3 days. I can't wait to see how many subs there are.:rolleyes: I've bought a couple of items I don't usually just in case e.g. frozen veg. I've just added two bags of pasta (loads is already sold out but thankfully not the gluten free one) and sauce too. If I don't need/use it I will donate it to the foodbank when this is over.

Reactions: 3
Actually managed to find one solitary pack of pasta in Sainsbury’s today thank you lord

I done an online shop for Morrisons on Tuesday and they had no slots for a week. It's coming on the 19th. Usually you can get a delivery within 2/3 days. I can't wait to see how many subs there are.:rolleyes: I've bought a couple of items I don't usually just in case e.g. frozen veg. I've just added two bags of pasta (loads is already sold out but thankfully not the gluten free one) and sauce too. If I don't need/use it I will donate it to the foodbank when this is over.
I found that too. Tried with Tesco but they had nothing until next week. Got one on Asda but the delivery man said there is absolutely no slots left now so glad I ordered when I did. Hope you get what you ordered I had nearly 30 substitutions!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
We were down to last 2 rolls managed get 9 pack tucked away back local Superdrug.
Went in small shops today for cereal milk and snacks dident want go near the big ones as they either busy or sold out lots of stuff.

Do you think we might have supply issues for many months as it gets worse.
Next pay day is 30th I prefer shop weekly but maybe 1 big April monthly shop woukd be wiser if there's stuff to buy.
I was at a birthday party and one of the mum's works at a toilet paper place and said they'd had a delivery. 200,000 I think she said

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I stocked up 3-4 weeks ago because I knew this would happen, my mum and boyfriend were laughing at me...now they want my stuff 😂 got my normal Tesco click and collect order later and wondering how many subs I’ll have 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just cancelled my Asda order. We do our weekly shop in Aldi but as we haven’t been able to get hold of certain things I decided to top up with a delivery. Out of the 18 items I ordered, only 3 of them are now in stock so I’ve cancelled my order! So in a weeks time when I’ve run out of toilet roll, baby wipes & hand wash that’ll be fun 😅 I can see why people are buying extras it’s just the fear of running out. Noticed in my town yesterday, smaller shops like Savers etc have started limited toilet rolls so hopefully I’ll be able to get some when I need too!

I stocked up 3-4 weeks ago because I knew this would happen, my mum and boyfriend were laughing at me...now they want my stuff 😂 got my normal Tesco click and collect order later and wondering how many subs I’ll have 🙈
Same my family said 'oh it wont come to that you wont need to stock up'.....now they are running around trying to get some food in.

Reactions: 7
The food bank donation point in my local supermarket was pretty empty (normally it’s at least half full), food purchases weren’t restricted to x number of items so I bought some pasta to donate. Even just £1 can buy a couple of bags of pasta or a few tins of beans or soup which is better than nothing so if anyone’s panic buying please think of those who can’t afford to

Reactions: 7
ditto!!!! Not excessively but I have a two week stock in and since then I’ve just shopped normally and replaced what we’ve eaten. Going to do my Aldi shop tomorrow as normal but dreading it!

Im not going to as many places as I normally would Im just going to the places I have to go. I think most people are doing that though.

unpopular opinion.. but i hate mac and cheese lol
Hmm, have you ever tried making it and adding vegetables to it? I do that.

If you are thinking of joining Ocado, they aren’t accepting new customers. I just discovered this after going to their website as the ap isn’t working or has been disabled. To even get on the website you are put in a virtual queue which is longer than 15 minutes. The last time I called them last week I was holding for more than 30 minutes. This was to add to my order as the website and ap did not work

Last edited:
  • Wow
Hmm, have you ever tried making it and adding vegetables to it? I do that.

If you are thinking of joining Ocado, they aren’t accepting new customers. I just discovered this after going to their website as the ap isn’t working or has been disabled. To even get on the website you are put in a virtual queue which is longer than 15 minutes. The last time I called them last week I was holding for more than 30 minutes. This was to add to my order as the website and ap did not work
yeh i have still not a fan.. i went to waitrose ydsy 10min after opening.. it was worse than xmas eve.. i gVe up and left

I went to do my weekly food shop Sat and it was chaos, I always try go late afternoon so it's less busy but the shelves were bare by then! Ended up having to go to three different supermarkets over the weekend to get what I needed. Got back home and thought sod doing that next week again I'll order online only to find everyones booked up all the slots on there!

I haven't stocked up on anything, I don't have a family to feed so I could probably scrape by for a 2-3 weeks with what I already have. I can understand the elderly and even people with families buying a bit extra just in case they were stuck inside for a week or two but I honestly think people panic buying ridiculous amounts is just causing more and more of a panic.

We open at 9.30 on Sundays for browsing. As soon as the doors opened, people were pushing and shoving each other to get ahead. The worst thing I've been informed of this week is about the selfish idiots buying up baby milk powder to add to their tea and coffee because it lasts longer :rolleyes: Babies need to eat, and so many rely on formula, but that doesn't matter to these people as long as they get their cuppa somehow :mad:

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
We open at 9.30 on Sundays for browsing. As soon as the doors opened, people were pushing and shoving each other to get ahead. The worst thing I've been informed of this week is about the selfish idiots buying up baby milk powder to add to their tea and coffee because it lasts longer :rolleyes: Babies need to eat, and so many rely on formula, but that doesn't matter to these people as long as they get their cuppa somehow :mad:
Morons. They do know that such as thing as milk powder exists, surely? I keep a tub of Coffee Mate in for emergencies. In fact, just freeze a bottle of normal milk. What is wrong with people?