Coronavirus disease support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have made jokes on this thread from day one, numerous times 🤣 and I will probably continue to do so.

There is however a thread that was set up by admin for people who are extremely anxious and in need of reassurance or support,
I think if users are finding it difficult to deal with the jokes and banter that are mixed with the very somber posts on this thread it’s a good place to go for support or advice, or just for somewhere to vent. No offence to anyone who does, it’s a difficult time.

but I’m not going to let fear turn me into a miserable depressed user spouting doom and gloom with no respite from that.
There’s enough of that online as it’s is.

In between counting my toilet rolls I come here for a break from the more serious news, I personally like the mix we have here. so never say sorry for humour!
if you’ve lost that you’re already dead.
Can I just say from my perspective it was actually those spouting the doom and gloom that were causing anxiety for those who are naturally anxious. As an anxious person I’m trying really hard to keep a sense of humour and sense of perspective on this. I don’t think it was the humour people found offensive. Especially if you’re from the uk I think that’s part of who we are and how we deal with these sorts of situations, although I know some people think our humour is odd 😂Equally because you’re using humour doesn’t mean you aren’t taking it seriously. Pretty sure more people have ramped up their hygiene etc and are being careful.

We need to keep our sense of humour or you’re right we’ve already lost. We don’t know what’s going to happen but I find quoting single days figures vs lots of years figures from the flu isn’t accurate and it can create anxiety in people.

I for one have got my toilet toll and chocolate stash and once I’ve had baby I may need a wine stash to cope with three children at home for an extended period of time 😁

Can I just say from my perspective it was actually those spouting the doom and gloom that were causing anxiety for those who are naturally anxious. As an anxious person I’m trying really hard to keep a sense of humour and sense of perspective on this. I don’t think it was the humour people found offensive. Especially if you’re from the uk I think that’s part of who we are and how we deal with these sorts of situations, although I know some people think our humour is odd 😂Equally because you’re using humour doesn’t mean you aren’t taking it seriously. Pretty sure more people have ramped up their hygiene etc and are being careful.

We need to keep our sense of humour or you’re right we’ve already lost. We don’t know what’s going to happen but I find quoting single days figures vs lots of years figures from the flu isn’t accurate and it can create anxiety in people.

I for one have got my toilet toll and chocolate stash and once I’ve had baby I may need a wine stash to cope with three children at home for an extended period of time 😁
No
Idea why this came onto this thread!!! It was meant on the other one!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
My anxiety has returned badly with this outbreak hitting the UK.

Our eldest went to a concert last week in a theatre venue so not a large arena. I’m now worried silly incase she has it and we don’t know. It was in the North West of England, think 5 cases in that area of the UK but I’m worried sick having health problems myself and my husband has asthma.

This anxiety is no fun.

A positive news article, for once. Which might help calm lots of worries... it’s helped me.
Really helpful. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
My daughters off to the cinema tonight. No cases in our area at all or close by but I’m still not wanting her to go, anyone else finding it hard to keep their teenagers at home away from such places? I’m being told I’m restricting their life not wanting them to go to concerts, cinema, restaurants. Arghhhhh this stress is driving me mad. If my kids would stay home or just go to a friends I’d relax a bit. I have a chronic illness so can’t stress to them enough how hard it is for me to fight off viruses but will they listen? more worry. Each time they go to places I’m thinking is it in the house now 😞

My daughters off to the cinema tonight. No cases in our area at all or close by but I’m still not wanting her to go, anyone else finding it hard to keep their teenagers at home away from such places? I’m being told I’m restricting their life not wanting them to go to concerts, cinema, restaurants. Arghhhhh this stress is driving me mad. If my kids would stay home or just go to a friends I’d relax a bit. I have a chronic illness so can’t stress to them enough how hard it is for me to fight off viruses but will they listen? more worry. Each time they go to places I’m thinking is it in the house now 😞
I totally understand that. I disinfect door handles daily, wash hands loads. Make anybody coming in wash their hands immediately. I guess that’s all we can do. But I understand your anxiety xx

I totally understand that. I disinfect door handles daily, wash hands loads. Make anybody coming in wash their hands immediately. I guess that’s all we can do. But I understand your anxiety xx
Thank you. My daughters gone, taken handgel and promised to be careful, after she left I broke down crying becsude I’m just sick of the stress, trying to educate my kids and pretend I’m all calm when inside I’m scared. I probably sound suck an idiot and drama queen but I had anxiety for years and fought so hard to get to a better place.Now this has flared my anxiety issues again and I’ve been so stressed out trying to keep myself and my family safe. Like Im sure we all are feeling right now. I just wish this tit was over.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
We can’t let fear stop us from living our lives. We went to the cinema the other day and it was lovely and clean and smelt it too. I took a pack of anti bac wipes and wiped our seats / arm rests just in case, used anti bac gel before eating and then washed our hands afterwards x

Reactions: 4
We can’t let fear stop us from living our lives. We went to the cinema the other day and it was lovely and clean and smelt it too. I took a pack of anti bac wipes and wiped our seats / arm rests just in case, used anti bac gel before eating and then washed our hands afterwards x
Thank you, that’s good to hear, reassuring. My daughters taken handgel.

Thank you. My daughters gone, taken handgel and promised to be careful, after she left I broke down crying becsude I’m just sick of the stress, trying to educate my kids and pretend I’m all calm when inside I’m scared. I probably sound suck an idiot and drama queen but I had anxiety for years and fought so hard to get to a better place.Now this has flared my anxiety issues again and I’ve been so stressed out trying to keep myself and my family safe. Like Im sure we all are feeling right now. I just wish this tit was over.
You can only take reasonable steps which you are doing. She’s washing her hands, taking hand gel with her. We can’t really do anymore at this stage. Maybe using contactless instead of handling cash that sort of thing. You don’t sound like a drama queen you’re just trying to protect your family and you’re doing a great job.

I've coped quite well so far but I can definitely feel anxiety beginning to creep in. Worry for my kids, my husband. Do I enforce self isolation because I want them to be safe or do I wait for it to be made mandatory for everyone! I'm reluctant to take my smallest to our usual groups etc. I wish things were more clear cut because it just feels the longer we go on as 'normal' the more risk of spreading there is!

Reactions: 2
I am worried about how long this is going to last. I can’t find any masks 😕 and am stretching my money to the limit buying a store of essential foods, for if we go into lockdown. I am old, have diabetes and COPD. So, basically buggered. It could be months before I was found, rotting in bed. I worry about my companion, a little cat. My dad used to talk about the flu epidemics after WW1. Killed his twin brothers and decimated the village. I think it’s all just getting to me 😭
Where about are you? Maybe one of us that is local could buddy up with you via DM.....

I’m sure any doctor would advise if you are feeling anxious about COVID not to read an online forum dedicated to the subject.. I appreciate you might come here for support from others but online forums and reporting from outlets such as the daily mail are not helping the panic that’s spreading far more intensely than the virus itself. Someone in my sister’s office in central London has had the virus and since returned to work. She is immunosuppressed so is staying at home for now but she hasn’t been officially warned by doctors not to go into the office. I’m not saying that’s right or wrong, but the chances are it will affect the majority of us in that way.

Reactions: 2
I’m cautious but not concerned. My husband is an A&E consultant so it’s probably only time before he comes into contact with someone with it but until then we are continuing as normal. My children are still going to all their activities and we’re not stockpiling.

My view is if we get it, we get it. We are all healthy so right now I’m not concerned

Reactions: 4
You can only take reasonable steps which you are doing. She’s washing her hands, taking hand gel with her. We can’t really do anymore at this stage. Maybe using contactless instead of handling cash that sort of thing. You don’t sound like a drama queen you’re just trying to protect your family and you’re doing a great job.
Thank you so much. My daughter even sprayed dettol on her money as she was worried about handling it and giving it to me to bank it for her. I have a health condition and she was worried about me touching it. Bless her.

Last night my eldest who’s 18 told me they’d had a dry cough and bit of a tight chest that started yesterday morning in work. She had asthma as a child and it only flares now if she has a cold, in the cold air outside or she does a lot of exercise. When she gets a tight chest it’s mild but she always gets a dry cough with it which I know is common with asthma but last night I panicked and was upset incase she had brought corona into the house. there are no cases in our area at all but she had been to city in the North West that has 5 cases (in isolation I’m told) she went 9 and 4 days ago (2 occasions). My husband reminded me that’s too soon to show symptoms and to stop worrying as she didn’t feel unwell, had no fever or aches. I said children can get very mild symptoms what if she has it mild. My anxiety went haywire, she went to bed fine so today she will let me know how it is but she’s sure it’s just her asthma as she went to an exercise class Monday evening, I hope it’s just that because right now I’m nervous wreck.

I stupidly googled and it said you may get nothing but a cough, like my daughter has, and symptoms show 2-14 days after exposure, even better lol, why did I google?

My husband tried to reassure me you get fever first, then a dry cough and a week later shortness of breath, but I read those things above and all logic has gone out of my head lol. He must be wrong and what I read has to be right, argh.

Last edited:
If thi
I’m sure any doctor would advise if you are feeling anxious about COVID not to read an online forum dedicated to the subject.. I appreciate you might come here for support from others but online forums and reporting from outlets such as the daily mail are not helping the panic that’s spreading far more intensely than the virus itself. Someone in my sister’s office in central London has had the virus and since returned to work. She is immunosuppressed so is staying at home for now but she hasn’t been officially warned by doctors not to go into the office. I’m not saying that’s right or wrong, but the chances are it will affect the majority of us in that way.
You are right, if I just listened to my family and the bbc I’d be concerned but no unduly. I have learned though that it’s very easy to quote random facts and figures and everybody knows somebody who works in such and such a place and it’s all going to go wrong! But actually this has help me learn to navigate my anxiety and I find myself laughing at some of the things. I think the healthiest approach is do what we can to protect ourselves and accept we probably will get it at some point. I think it’s the waiting for it to come closer and closer that’s stressing me out. I just want the next 3-4 months out of the way. I was so looking forward as well to having this baby with my other two at school and having the experience I didn’t have with my first but the time with him I didn’t get with my second because my first wasn’t yet at school... and now it looks like they’ll be off anyway 😂 I know that’s incredibly selfish and obviously I want my children to be safe and keeping them behind a locked door does seem appealing but it’s where my mind is at!

Reactions: 3
If thi

You are right, if I just listened to my family and the bbc I’d be concerned but no unduly. I have learned though that it’s very easy to quote random facts and figures and everybody knows somebody who works in such and such a place and it’s all going to go wrong! But actually this has help me learn to navigate my anxiety and I find myself laughing at some of the things. I think the healthiest approach is do what we can to protect ourselves and accept we probably will get it at some point. I think it’s the waiting for it to come closer and closer that’s stressing me out. I just want the next 3-4 months out of the way. I was so looking forward as well to having this baby with my other two at school and having the experience I didn’t have with my first but the time with him I didn’t get with my second because my first wasn’t yet at school... and now it looks like they’ll be off anyway 😂 I know that’s incredibly selfish and obviously I want my children to be safe and keeping them behind a locked door does seem appealing but it’s where my mind is at!
I understand that completely. I really hope this doesn’t come to months of fear and lockdowns and we get a control over it so we would that. Then we can all relax. My daughter has her GCSEs coming up, what crap timing this all is.

I’ve had to stay clear of Sky news, they’re the worst for scaring. Twitter is the same so much doom and gloom on there. Facebook is no better.

I understand that completely. I really hope this doesn’t come to months of fear and lockdowns and we get a control over it so we would that. Then we can all relax. My daughter has her GCSEs coming up, what crap timing this all is.

I’ve had to stay clear of Sky news, they’re the worst for scaring. Twitter is the same so much doom and gloom on there. Facebook is no better.
Yes I’ve stayed away from most of them to be fair because I know what I’m like. I hope your daughter gets everything she needs to prep for her GCSEs. I’m a gcse teacher... albeit on mat leave at the minute but I know 100 percent teachers will do everything they can to support year 11 particularly at this important time. It’s a very stressful time for students anyway, I remember being very stressed for mine and the stress now is so much more than was put on us! I always stress to my students relaxation time is as important as studying and to make sure they include it in their revision plan. On the plus side for her now the majority of courses will be finished and it will be revision so as long as she can self motivate if she’s off she’ll be ok. I certainly will make myself available on email when I can (albeit with a new baby it won’t be everyday but there is somebody covering me too) for questions students have.

Yes I’ve stayed away from most of them to be fair because I know what I’m like. I hope your daughter gets everything she needs to prep for her GCSEs. I’m a gcse teacher... albeit on mat leave at the minute but I know 100 percent teachers will do everything they can to support year 11 particularly at this important time. It’s a very stressful time for students anyway, I remember being very stressed for mine and the stress now is so much more than was put on us! I always stress to my students relaxation time is as important as studying and to make sure they include it in their revision plan. On the plus side for her now the majority of courses will be finished and it will be revision so as long as she can self motivate if she’s off she’ll be ok. I certainly will make myself available on email when I can (albeit with a new baby it won’t be everyday but there is somebody covering me too) for questions students have.
It is a very stressful time for them isn’t it but like you say to mainly revision clssses now for year 11 so if they need to isolate when schools close, then at least they can revise at home and just do their best, it’s all they can do.

I've had to come here from the other thread. That one is a bit too much.

Like many here, anxiety is a big thing for me.
Every day I'm finding that I feel like I've accepted a fate that I didn't think I would at this age. I know that seems extreme but I lost my mom unexpectedly last year and since then I now obsess over my own mortality. I don't want to, but I can't help it.

I find myself not agreeing to plans my partner mentions for next year as there's that niggle of "Will I be here?"

I live in city where it's recently arrived and we've had a death already. I just want to shut myself away from the world for a month.

Reading the posts here, I'm glad it's not just me struggling with it. I've found it reassuring. ❤

Reactions: 7