Coronavirus disease support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree that this may have been in the country longer than people realise. I had a horrific flu/cold thing at the end of January just before the Brighton case happened. It has taken me until now to shift the cough and even now I get short of breath and have random coughing fits. I put it down to just seasonal bugs, but it does make you wonder.

Some people are massively over-reacting though. My son was put into isolation at school last week because he coughed in his English class and the teacher was concerned he may have corona. No temperature, no flu symptoms, just a cough.
He is asthmatic with allergies and underlying health issues, so Iโ€™m not the kind of person to downplay it if he is actually sick. He was absolutely fine, but the fear had caused the teacher to be over-cautious.

Reactions: 4
I really donโ€™t have any coping mechanism for it. I have literally no support at home. My husband has shouted this morning already telling me itโ€™s ridiculous. I canโ€™t live my life like this. Iโ€™m being stupid. Told me heโ€™s sick of living with me being like this. I donโ€™t think people who have never suffered it understand
Poor you hun. Sounds like you'd benefit from some cbt

I am worried about how long this is going to last. I canโ€™t find any masks ๐Ÿ˜• and am stretching my money to the limit buying a store of essential foods, for if we go into lockdown. I am old, have diabetes and COPD. So, basically buggered. It could be months before I was found, rotting in bed. I worry about my companion, a little cat. My dad used to talk about the flu epidemics after WW1. Killed his twin brothers and decimated the village. I think itโ€™s all just getting to me ๐Ÿ˜ญ
I am so sorry you feel like this. Do you have friendly neighbours who can look in on you to check you're OK? If not then Age UK offer befriending services, here's a link https://www.ageuk.org.uk/services/befriending-services/

Reactions: 4
May be helpful for anyone feeling anxious

Reactions: 5
Reading the threads over the last few days I am noticing that there are people out there who are genuinely scared, who may be alone and without people to talk to etc. I just wanted to say that being afraid is ok, it's an normal rational response and it's valid. If you feel like posting that you are afraid or have a question regardless of how silly it might seem to you, you should post it. Maybe someone on here can respond make your day/night a little better.

I always resort to watching movies (ideally something funny) when my mind is working in overdrive.
Movies on TV Tonight: https://tv24.co.uk/movies

(I am torn between Uncle Buck and Transformers tonight :LOL:)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Reading the threads over the last few days I am noticing that there are people out there who are genuinely scared, who may be alone and without people to talk to etc. I just wanted to say that being afraid is ok, it's an normal rational response and it's valid. If you feel like posting that you are afraid or have a question regardless of how silly it might seem to you, you should post it. Maybe someone on here can respond make your day/night a little better.

I always resort to watching movies (ideally something funny) when my mind is working in overdrive.

Yes, a lovely idea. Itโ€™s awful to cope alone and reaching out for support is not silly . Just writing down my thoughts helped me. I can feel a binge watch of Prisoner, the old Australian drama coming on ! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes, a lovely idea. Itโ€™s awful to cope alone and reaching out for support is not silly . Just writing down my thoughts helped me. I can feel a binge watch of Prisoner, the old Australian drama coming on ! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Could you join a local Facebook page? Iโ€™m sure they may be others near you with the same fears and you could check in on each other daily.

Reactions: 1
The worst part of this so far is not being able to get my fave 34p pasta sauce from Tesco

Reactions: 8

movies are a great anxiety reliever for me too. I used to be a huge movie fan but when I had kids I stopped watching them as much. Recently started again and i'm enjoying the two hours I get a night without the kids, watching something not child-oriented. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: 2
Think we all need to stop watching TV and reading newspapers and calm the fcuk down. Our generation would never have survived the plague would we! Bloody hell.

Reactions: 12
2 cases now in the area i live in..no details of ages or where they caught it !
im now a f@#king nervous wreck..i have cold and chest tightness but i think this is due to the anxiety about catching it and my daughter getting it ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Reactions: 1
I think you are right in saying your chest tightness right now is probably caused by anxiety. I have panic attacks and suffer from that. It is awful. Take deep breaths. I am sure you will be ok. Any worries you have, share here xxx
thank you xxx...i feel so stupid and should get a grip but its a worry especially as people seem to be treating it like its a joke.

thank you xxx...i feel so stupid and should get a grip but its a worry especially as people seem to be treating it like its a joke.
I find a great way to calm down is focusing belly breathing for 10 breaths several times per day.

Here is a video that might help you

Interesting all the talk about the virus being around longer. I had an awful case of flu over Christmas. I spent three weeks in bed, was vomiting blood and lost over a stone. Wondering what I actually had now!
It sounds like you might have had it and been one of the first. Poor you!!

Completely agree - I can't explain how sick I was and all rational thought went out the window. I had had tonsillitis a week before and thought (as my throat was so sore that maybe it had returned). At one point I thought I was going to die from it. I missed Christmas Day (two little children so it was devestating).

I get tonsillitis so severe my doctor prescribed me extra to keep in the cupboard.
it does sound like corona. The sore throat like that is one of the key pieces I believe.

Thank you x I will look into that. No neighbours that I know that well, unfortunately. There must be thousands like me. Perspective restored today...worries at night are terrible at the best of times.
Check in with us here! There is always someone awake somewhere in the world on here!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
It is awful seeing the constant stats and news bulletins and I can see how it would increase anxiety and worry. Bastard media wants a frenzy. Try not to watch the news too much. Especially before bed, make a point of watching or listening to something you find comforting, like someone suggested a good film or podcast or tv series.
If you are diligent with hand washing and general cleanliness then there is little else you can do but carry on, enjoy life, your families, friends etc and take one day at a time. Donโ€™t think too far ahead.
Things will be okay.