Coronavirus disease support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had to come here from the other thread. That one is a bit too much.

Like many here, anxiety is a big thing for me.
Every day I'm finding that I feel like I've accepted a fate that I didn't think I would at this age. I know that seems extreme but I lost my mom unexpectedly last year and since then I now obsess over my own mortality. I don't want to, but I can't help it.

I find myself not agreeing to plans my partner mentions for next year as there's that niggle of "Will I be here?"

I live in city where it's recently arrived and we've had a death already. I just want to shut myself away from the world for a month.

Reading the posts here, I'm glad it's not just me struggling with it. I've found it reassuring. ❤
Sending you a hug. I’m having similar thoughts as I have health issues and I’m terrified, my husband has asthma too so I’m scared of losing him. My daughter started with a cough yesterday and a tight chest, I had a meltdown of panic last night. You’re not alone, xxx 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I can't stop reading the articles even though they stress me out. Anxiety is very much real.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m struggling to not look as well. Just saw we now have over 450 cases which sent my anxiety higher as I said above my dsughter developed a cough and tight chest yesterday and can’t reassure myself she doesn’t have it. Also read symptoms show after 5 days so can’t resssure myself she wouldn’t be showing symptoms yet either. I’ve been crying a lot today worried she has it and it’s now in the house. I feel so stressed I feel ill with all the worry. I wish this nightmare would end 🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Sending you a hug. I’m having similar thoughts as I have health issues and I’m terrified, my husband has asthma too so I’m scared of losing him. My daughter started with a cough yesterday and a tight chest, I had a meltdown of panic last night. You’re not alone, xxx 💖
God, I can imagine.

Sending a hug back.
I’m struggling to not look as well. Just saw we now have over 450 cases which sent my anxiety higher as I said above my dsughter developed a cough and tight chest yesterday and can’t reassure myself she doesn’t have it. Also read symptoms show after 5 days so can’t resssure myself she wouldn’t be showing symptoms yet either. I’ve been crying a lot today worried she has it and it’s now in the house. I feel so stressed I feel ill with all the worry. I wish this nightmare would end 🥺
Agreed. I keep waking up hoping it's been a dream. No such luck.

As for your daughter, does she have a temp? They've said that's a sure-fire first sign. But I've also read that it's not affecting children. Which is a relief.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
God, I can imagine.

Sending a hug back.

Agreed. I keep waking up hoping it's been a dream. No such luck.

As for your daughter, does she have a temp? They've said that's a sure-fire first sign. But I've also read that it's not affecting children. Which is a relief.
She doesn’t have a fever, just thr dry cough and tight chest like when her asthma used to flare up. I read children get mild symptoms or none and carry it so can still pass it on and that’s my worry as I have health issues.

I called 111 tonight, what a waste of time. They asked her symptoms, I said dry cough and tight chest. They asked if she had been to Italy or been in close contact with anyone a known case, I said no, outcome was we couldn’t take her to the local test centre as she doesn’t meet the criteria, I challenged this and said ’so are people only qualifying for testing if been to Italy or related/in close contact with known cases?’ Yes she said. So I said well ‘why is this being called a pandemic? It doesn’t mean now that you can only have it if been to Italy, it’s in the UK now so it can spread here and be passed on. Am I wrong?’ She said ‘I understand but at this time she is at no risk and just monitor her, if her chest gets worse ring us back’. I said ‘I have a health condition, as does my husband putting us higher risk I think it’s terrible our daughter can’t be tested. Why tell us to keep washing our hands to protect ourselves yet you’re saying people cant catch it within the UK and warrant testing only if been out of the country!!’ that’s basically what they’re saying.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
She doesn’t have a fever, just thr dry cough and tight chest like when her asthma used to flare up. I read children get mild symptoms or none and carry it so can still pass it on and that’s my worry as I have health issues.

I called 111 tonight, what a waste of time. They asked her symptoms, I said dry cough and tight chest. They asked if she had been to Italy or been in close contact with anyone a known case, I said no, outcome was we couldn’t take her to the local test centre as she doesn’t meet the criteria, I challenged this and said ’so are people only qualifying for testing if been to Italy or related/in close contact with known cases?’ Yes she said. So I said well ‘why is this being called a pandemic? It doesn’t mean now that you can only have it if been to Italy, it’s in the UK now so it can spread here and be passed on. Am I wrong?’ She said ‘I understand but at this time she is at no risk and just monitor her, if her chest gets worse ring us back’. I said ‘I have a health condition, as does my husband putting us higher risk I think it’s terrible our daughter can’t be tested. Why tell us to keep washing our hands to protect ourselves yet you’re saying people cant catch it within the UK and warrant testing only if been out of the country!!’ that’s basically what they’re saying.
Blimey!

My mind goes in a million different directions hearing that. I start thinking things along the lines of them trying to keep the stats down. Very odd.

So if you have ALL the symptoms, but haven't been in direct contact with a known case, you can't get tested?

Not being funny, but apart from MP's, we don't know who or where exactly in towns these people are so how can we say for sure? I see why they're not revealing who and exactly where in cities they are, but come on...what a joke. It sort of defies the object of any virus that's able to be transmitted. If we all knew what everyone else has got at all times, we wouldn't need the tests in the first place. Lol. 🤦‍♀️

I've just heard the news about it being characterised as a pandemic and WHO have advised that ALL Corona cases be dealt with. Maybe tomorrow if you try 111 you'll get a different response. Fingers crossed. Xx

Last edited:
I'm really anxious. I have a shite immune system due to a bone marrow cancer and catch every bleeping thing going. I use hand gel and soap constantly and have since I was diagnosed but really struggling to find any just now. Can't work from home so still have to go in 2 days a week. Don't really come into contact with public and have about 20 colleagues who know not to come near me so fingers crossed!

My cupboards have about 3 weeks worth of food in them so I can curl up in my bed if I need to. Don't need much encouragement for that 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I haven’t been outside for the past month due to agoraphobia and I wish my parents (62) and (72) would stay in too!!! It’s driving me insane because their health is out of my control

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I’m having a bit of a meltdown, my anxiety is so high I can’t sleep.
I have 2 quite serious diseases, endometriosis and Crohn’s disease. The medication I take for Crohn’s disease makes me immunocompromised but I need it or I will be really ill from the Crohn’s.

I keep seeing in Italy that due to the amount of cases they cannot treat everyone and have to choose who to help based on age and how healthy they are. I’m so scared that I will catch it and they won’t treat me.

my family and other half keep telling me it is what it is and there is nothing I can really do so I’ve stopped mentioning how anxious I am but I’m really struggling, I’m scared to touch anything and don’t want anyone near me.

Also just today I have come down with what i think is a cold but this afternoon I have started coughing and aching all over.

I don’t know how I’ll sleep and if one more person says it’s only the old and ill that need to worry, I get it you don’t have to worry but I’m that person, I’m only 30 but my health has been awful.

• Sad
I’m having a bit of a meltdown, my anxiety is so high I can’t sleep.
I have 2 quite serious diseases, endometriosis and Crohn’s disease. The medication I take for Crohn’s disease makes me immunocompromised but I need it or I will be really ill from the Crohn’s.

I keep seeing in Italy that due to the amount of cases they cannot treat everyone and have to choose who to help based on age and how healthy they are. I’m so scared that I will catch it and they won’t treat me.

my family and other half keep telling me it is what it is and there is nothing I can really do so I’ve stopped mentioning how anxious I am but I’m really struggling, I’m scared to touch anything and don’t want anyone near me.

Also just today I have come down with what i think is a cold but this afternoon I have started coughing and aching all over.

I don’t know how I’ll sleep and if one more person says it’s only the old and ill that need to worry, I get it you don’t have to worry but I’m that person, I’m only 30 but my health has been awful.
I'm sorry you are feeling anxious and cannot sleep. I am anxious as well as I am in the same boat and am taking biologics. The UK Crohn's and Colitis website does not have very much information but this one does. Hope it helps a little! xx

Reactions: 1
Anyone on here panicking and getting distressed and anxious over it. Please stop reading online forums and people’s opinions on it and refer to proper websites for FACTS.

sorry if this sounds harsh but an online forum isn’t going to help any anxieties or put your mind at ease

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Anyone on here panicking and getting distressed and anxious over it. Please stop reading online forums and people’s opinions on it and refer to proper websites for FACTS.

sorry if this sounds harsh but an online forum isn’t going to help any anxieties or put your mind at ease
True, but it's good to know others are in the same head space, especially with partners and family members telling you that you're crazy. This thread has been very good for keeping things reassuring whilst acknowledging anxieties.

• Heart
I have no worries at all for myself as has been said lots of times over various articles, its the thought of having it and unwittingly passing it on to elderly parents and relatives. I don't know how i could live with myself if i did that even though it would be no ones fault. To me worrying is doing no good at all so i don't. Thats not to minimilise others anxiety im not knocking other people's stress at the virus at all.I haven't changed my routine and if i had a holiday booked i would go definitely unless it was to China or Italy. My slight concern is what if someone got unrelated chest infection or pneumonia like i did couple years back I wouldn't be seen or be able to walk into a GP. I was hospitalised because of pneumonia and in this outbreak i would be asked to just stay at home as the symptoms are so similar. Im in my 40's so can recover but what if i wasn't. Would someone be left to their own devices because they had symptoms but it was unrelated?

Reactions: 1

I’ve just been sent this link from Shine which contains lots of resources and meditations for people struggling with anxiety in the wake of Covid 19.I haven’t read through it all yet but it might help some of you x

• Heart
Hey
Just checking in. My anxiety is through the roof. We've spent a fortune on food, just doing a basic grocery shop and buying dried food. The queues here to pay at the grocery store are one hour+ long to wait, and the shelves are empty. We are in a good position but the whole sitatuon is making we want to burst into tears. I actually wish they would just close everything down, lol.

I know we are not on lockdown but do you think it would be best not to travel to other parts of the country? Sorry if this is a stupid question, i'm just really unsure.

If I have to stay in my house for super long I will definitely suffer. Especially as I literally live alone with my two kids and the main topic of conversation at the moment is paw patrol.
I don't have any friends but just getting out of the house helps a LOT with my depression/anxiety/PTSD symptoms.
Always here for a chat too. I’m not on my own but my husband works away from home (obs he’s working from home now) but I do understand how isolating it is to be at home with just the kids for prolonged amounts of time . It has seriously affected my mental health at times too.

• Heart