Coronavirus disease support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting all the talk about the virus being around longer. I had an awful case of flu over Christmas. I spent three weeks in bed, was vomiting blood and lost over a stone. Wondering what I actually had now!
Was that because you coughed so much, the vomiting blood?

Interesting all the talk about the virus being around longer. I had an awful case of flu over Christmas. I spent three weeks in bed, was vomiting blood and lost over a stone. Wondering what I actually had now!
I hope you went to the dr...? Not good to vomit blood.

Reactions: 5
My gran is meant to have weekly blood tests and the doctors have rung to say for her not to come as shes at high risk... considering there haven't been any cases in our area now I'm lowkey stressing where I wasn't before :(

My gran is meant to have weekly blood tests and the doctors have rung to say for her not to come as shes at high risk... considering there haven't been any cases in our area now I'm lowkey stressing where I wasn't before :(
At least they are taking precautions. Is there a doctor that could go to her house to take her blood?

Reactions: 4
At least they are taking precautions. Is there a doctor that could go to her house to take her blood?
They were trying to figure something out but I don't think its likely they will. That is true though it's better in the long run I suppose for these precautions to be taken!

Reactions: 2
My dad is high risk - 80 with a heart condition. I wish he could self isolate but he has to attend hospital 3 times a week which concerns me.

Reactions: 3
Was that because you coughed so much, the vomiting blood?
Now I think about it it could be. It's all so fuzzy but I remember my throat being so sore I couldn't swallow (had to spit in a cup), I had some leftover antibiotics from when I had tonsillitis so took them and difflam and Tyrol's then the coughing started. I called 111 and they sent an ambulance. The hospital was so overrun I waited 9 hours just for the doctor to give me an anti sickness injection. I've never ever felt so sick. There was one moment I thought if I didn't have my husband bringing me drinks I wouldn't have been able to get up.

I hope you went to the dr...? Not good to vomit blood.
I did. I rang the NHS helpline (it was Boxing Day) and they sent an ambulance. It was worrying how overrun my local hospital was as I still had a 9 hour wait to be seen.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
i think its been around longer than they say as ive known quite a few ppl with similar symptoms to corona but in a lesser way. hope ur well now

i think its been around longer than they say as ive known quite a few ppl with similar symptoms to corona but in a lesser way. hope ur well now
I am now thank you. Took three weeks to feel okay but it's only just now I feel myself again. It was absolutely awful - never experienced anything like it before!

Now I think about it it could be. It's all so fuzzy but I remember my throat being so sore I couldn't swallow (had to spit in a cup), I had some leftover antibiotics from when I had tonsillitis so took them and difflam and Tyrol's then the coughing started. I called 111 and they sent an ambulance. The hospital was so overrun I waited 9 hours just for the doctor to give me an anti sickness injection. I've never ever felt so sick. There was one moment I thought if I didn't have my husband bringing me drinks I wouldn't have been able to get up.

I did. I rang the NHS helpline (it was Boxing Day) and they sent an ambulance. It was worrying how overrun my local hospital was as I still had a 9 hour wait to be seen.
Sorry you were ill but please, please never take antibiotics for something without being seen by a doctor! This is why antibiotic resistance is on the rise

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I am worried about how long this is going to last. I can’t find any masks 😕 and am stretching my money to the limit buying a store of essential foods, for if we go into lockdown. I am old, have diabetes and COPD. So, basically buggered. It could be months before I was found, rotting in bed. I worry about my companion, a little cat. My dad used to talk about the flu epidemics after WW1. Killed his twin brothers and decimated the village. I think it’s all just getting to me 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Sorry you were ill but please, please never take antibiotics for something without being seen by a doctor! This is why antibiotic resistance is on the rise
Exactly... and there shouldn't be leftover antibiotics... finish the course!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I am worried about how long this is going to last. I can’t find any masks 😕 and am stretching my money to the limit buying a store of essential foods, for if we go into lockdown. I am old, have diabetes and COPD. So, basically buggered. It could be months before I was found, rotting in bed. I worry about my companion, a little cat. My dad used to talk about the flu epidemics after WW1. Killed his twin brothers and decimated the village. I think it’s all just getting to me 😭
They have said there is no point wearing masks so I wouldn’t worry about looking for them. The best thing you can do is to keep washing your hands, make sure your medication is kept up to date and you have enough of it. I’ve stocked up on cat food my cats but I know they will eat pretty much anything if they need to 😊

Completely agree - I can't explain how sick I was and all rational thought went out the window. I had had tonsillitis a week before and thought (as my throat was so sore that maybe it had returned). At one point I thought I was going to die from it. I missed Christmas Day (two little children so it was devestating).

Exactly... and there shouldn't be leftover antibiotics... finish the course!
I get tonsillitis so severe my doctor prescribed me extra to keep in the cupboard.

Do you have any friends or family you could speak to about your concerns and ask them if you can check in with them daily? Don’t worry about masks, the reports are that they are ineffective anyway. Hugs x

Completely agree - I can't explain how sick I was and all rational thought went out the window. I had had tonsillitis a week before and thought (as my throat was so sore that maybe it had returned). At one point I thought I was going to die from it. I missed Christmas Day (two little children so it was devestating).

I get tonsillitis so severe my doctor prescribed me extra to keep in the cupboard.
My mum missed Christmas this year because she had it too. She also said she thought she was going to die and she isn’t a dramatic person at all. The fact you’ve said you thought the same makes me wonder if you both have had a strain of it already.

Reactions: 4
Do you have any friends or family you could speak to about your concerns and ask them if you can check in with them daily? Don’t worry about masks, the reports are that they are ineffective anyway. Hugs x

My mum missed Christmas this year because she had it too. She also said she thought she was going to die and she isn’t a dramatic person at all. The fact you’ve said you thought the same makes me wonder if you both have had a strain of it already.
Ahh your poor mum - it's what I'm wondering now too.

This is exactly how my husband was too, he was struggling to breath, although he never had a runny or blocked nose. When he went to the gp he was advised the usual drink fluids and keep taking your inhalers ( he has asthma) when all the corona hysteria started and they started explaining the symptoms I instantly thought to what he was like over Christmas.

Reactions: 6
Better today. I have spoken to my gp and he has told me I have more chance of winning the lottery than getting this. I’ve to check in with him Monday but he has told me not to worry. The numbers seem scary but in reality in the UK population it isn’t that many. I’ve to stop reading news articles as thet provide information that isn’t always 100% actuate and people do seem to purposely scare monger. Thank you for asking x
I’m really pleased! Comparing it to a lottery win is so helpful isn’t it? Stops it feeling like a looming, imminent threat!

Im not going to lie I’m getting really bad anxiety about this. I’ve felt unwell the last 2 days with this flaring my anxiety and chronic pain. I have an underlying health issue (fibro) so I suffer from fatigue daily so fear I’d not have the energy to fight such a virus. I don’t get out much because of it. My 2 children are in high school and it’s all well and good the health minister saying children get a milder illness but they may have people more vulnerable living at home.

I am exhausting myself with constant dettoling the door handles, kitchen and bathroom, constantly reminding my children to wash hands and handgel after going out, before eating Etc. It’s like when they’ve had sickness bugs in the past, and you’re disinfecting the house to stop the spread, it’s bloody tiring me out 😉

I’m trying to stay calm but my anxiety has rocketed the last 2 days. I know it’s scaring many people but other people are saying it’s nothing to panic about. Having an anxiety disorder I find it hard not to. I said to my husband I wish it would be one huge media scaremongering thing and in a few weeks it’ll fizzle out like other killer viruses have in the past, but I can’t see this happening☹ Sorry to be so negative.

• Sad