Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
Waiting on a call back from my GP feel so stupid but I’ve had a full on anxiety attack and panic attack in the last hour seeing the numbers raise to 90. I honestly can’t see a way out of this all happening 😭 this is awful! Am so scared.
Aww I feel so bad for people who feel the overload of it all. I know it probably won't help but you know most of us just love the drama and are fascinated by it, but in reality this isn't a zombie apocolypse and you and your loved ones are highly unlikely to suffer anything more than a very mild flu and then recover.

Despite the talk of stockpiling remember this is the UK 2020....you aren't going to die of starvation in your own home. Hell I'm sure a Tattler local to you would even drop some loo roll/soap/gin to your doorstep if you needed. We got you!

Reactions: 24

Jg182

Iv hit a low point this evening. Iv got two more shifts at work then onto unpaid leave. We have just moved house and we had finally got ourselves sorted after I lost my business. Me and my mum ran it together and she passed away and I couldn’t carry on. I spent a lot of time alone at home without a job till I found the one I’m in now. I had finally been feeling myself again, enjoyed going into work and speaking to people. The thought of everything being so uncertain again has really hit me. Iv been assured my job will be there if the company survives. But I think it’s bringing so many bad memories of my life being out of control again. I’m also getting flashbacks to both my mum and dad being ill in hospital and can’t stop thinking of those having to go through all this with sick relatives

I know there’s many out there which much bigger problems right now. But I don’t have anyone I can talk to about the way I feel.

• Sad
Reactions: 24

Candytuft

VIP Member
I am worried about how long this is going to last. I can’t find any masks 😕 and am stretching my money to the limit buying a store of essential foods, for if we go into lockdown. I am old, have diabetes and COPD. So, basically buggered. It could be months before I was found, rotting in bed. I worry about my companion, a little cat. My dad used to talk about the flu epidemics after WW1. Killed his twin brothers and decimated the village. I think it’s all just getting to me 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 19

Lifeinmyeyes88

I know it’s easy to say calm down but you just can’t when you’re like this. You’ve done the right thing contacting the gp. Nobody is panicking near me but I’m still edgy. What do you normally do when you have an anxiety attack? Grounding or putting music on helps me sometimes. Going for a walk. Anything. Colouring is meant to help but I’ve not tried it.
the numbers are going to get higher so try to accept that each day you will see it get higher but people are recovering from it. Has your gp got back to you?

Also my midwife yesterday wasn’t in the slightest bit concerned about it and my husband who’s involved with the containment is not at all concerned about the virus. He said it’s people’s panic that is the issue at the moment.
I really don’t have any coping mechanism for it. I have literally no support at home. My husband has shouted this morning already telling me it’s ridiculous. I can’t live my life like this. I’m being stupid. Told me he’s sick of living with me being like this. I don’t think people who have never suffered it understand

• Sad
Reactions: 18

HideTheHunter

I think I'm in war mode to be honest. It sounds silly when I write it down like this, but I just feel fierce and angry, and want it all to be over so that nobody has to hurt or be upset anymore. I'm doing what I'm told (while muttering under my breath) in the vain hope that anything I do will make this nightmare pass quickly for us all. I want to hug everyone, while yelling at the idiots who are so blasé and skipping along the hedgerows picking daisies. Don't know where I'm going with this, tbh...…(apart from across the kitchen to pick up the wine bottle!), but just trying to fix my thoughts on how I feel right now. :confused:

Reactions: 18

Redblueyellow8

VIP Member
All day I've been freezing, now in bed I'm roasting my throat is a bit scratchy no other symptoms . My 7 year old is the same . Obviously we will isolate now . absolutely sh***** myself 😔 2 years ago I almost died now that's all I can think about . I'm scared to sleep . I'm scared I wont wake up 😔💔

• Sad
Reactions: 16

KateESJ

VIP Member
took a little break from everything for a few days after I had a little breakdown a few nights ago. Not coronavirus related but its adding to already existing mental health issues I have, so it's not helping at all. Trying to be more present with my kids and not think too much. My usual coping mechanism is getting out of the house... :cautious:

Hope everyone is well and healthy and staying as sane as you can xx

• Heart
Reactions: 15

GossBoss

VIP Member
I'd never had anxiety in my life before + would always be the one to tell people to get a grip/pull themselves together. Until recently. And now I get it what others have & do feel. I'm not anxious about the Coronavirus, I'm aware - I've a fully stocked freezer, plenty of loo roll + washing hands frequently. I'm asthmatic so it could affect me but I'm not stressing about it. I have suffered from anxiety in the last few months about a terminal cancer diagnosis of my Dad. It absolutely consumes you. Anxiety is a strange & horrible thing. I thankfully have good friends to rationalise things with when I think I'm losing my mind.
Acceptance of a situation is a big step. Breaking things down piece by piece also helps. There'll always be a positive in any situation if you look for it. Time alone overthinking is the biggest thing, it really doesn't help. Chamomile tea does have a calming effect & Polo's I find. The peppermint is helpful to nervous tummies.

• Heart
  • Sad

Juliet

Chatty Member
I seriously don’t get why people continue to post scaremongering figures and articles on here. There is seriously no need to panic. Yes it’s worrying if you have anxiety, I have anxiety too but you need to think logically at the end of the day. 7 billion people in the world and under 100k have had it. Only 3000 have died. Think about that. What will be will be - worrying won’t change that fact.

• Heart

Jg182

I’m having a bad morning, not even out of bed. Which is so unheard of for me. Just can’t seem to motivate myself to get up

• Sad

GossWhore

VIP Member
Always here for a chat too. I’m not on my own but my husband works away from home (obs he’s working from home now) but I do understand how isolating it is to be at home with just the kids for prolonged amounts of time . It has seriously affected my mental health at times too.
Can we make a thread, just to keep life lighthearted?

If anyone does, please link

I don't have kids and husband, but think it would be good for everyone x

Reactions: 14

Daire

Reading the threads over the last few days I am noticing that there are people out there who are genuinely scared, who may be alone and without people to talk to etc. I just wanted to say that being afraid is ok, it's an normal rational response and it's valid. If you feel like posting that you are afraid or have a question regardless of how silly it might seem to you, you should post it. Maybe someone on here can respond make your day/night a little better.

I always resort to watching movies (ideally something funny) when my mind is working in overdrive.
Movies on TV Tonight: https://tv24.co.uk/movies

(I am torn between Uncle Buck and Transformers tonight :LOL:)

• Heart

MrsGarcia

Chatty Member
Im in the same boat. Feel my anxiety and depression getting worse. Lonliness is a dangerous thing.x
My DMs are always open if anybody wants to chat or would happily join a WhatsApp group or new thread on here. I spend half my life in forums purely for the company as my husband works odd hours leaving me home alone. I love my kids dearly but I regularly crave adult conversation xx

Whythough

Chatty Member
Now I think about it it could be. It's all so fuzzy but I remember my throat being so sore I couldn't swallow (had to spit in a cup), I had some leftover antibiotics from when I had tonsillitis so took them and difflam and Tyrol's then the coughing started. I called 111 and they sent an ambulance. The hospital was so overrun I waited 9 hours just for the doctor to give me an anti sickness injection. I've never ever felt so sick. There was one moment I thought if I didn't have my husband bringing me drinks I wouldn't have been able to get up.

I did. I rang the NHS helpline (it was Boxing Day) and they sent an ambulance. It was worrying how overrun my local hospital was as I still had a 9 hour wait to be seen.
Sorry you were ill but please, please never take antibiotics for something without being seen by a doctor! This is why antibiotic resistance is on the rise

• Heart
Reactions: 13

KateESJ

VIP Member
just heard from my cousin about an hour ago that my uncle is apparently in hospital with suspected covid-19...this is messing with me because the guy abused me as a kid in multiple ways and is the reason I don't talk to my family because they all knew and continued to let him stay at our house, and let me sleep over at his. I've not thought about him or what he did in years so I wish my cousin hadnt even told me. And now I feel guilty for not giving a fuck if he dies. this is really the last thing i need on my mind right now. heads a mess

• Sad

leoladyxo

VIP Member
Feeling very low tonight. 🙁 feel so stressed that I can’t eat much.

A horrible day for me because of my work and now because of my decision my fellow colleagues appear to be ignoring me as well. Goodness knows what’s going on.

The colleague that told me to stay home pretended she hadn’t told me that. Why do people do things like this?

• Sad

Felicity

Interesting all the talk about the virus being around longer. I had an awful case of flu over Christmas. I spent three weeks in bed, was vomiting blood and lost over a stone. Wondering what I actually had now!

• Wow
  • Sad

ZLT123

Think we all need to stop watching TV and reading newspapers and calm the fcuk down. Our generation would never have survived the plague would we! Bloody hell.

Reactions: 12

Yorkiejules

Chatty Member
I am thinking of changing to a fridge....and will from now be known as Beko,..lm trying to be cool about it so please leave a light for me and don't freeze me out or leave me in the corner....I think a fresh approach will do me the world of good...
Think I've gone off the idea..
As you were,...🙊🤣
I don't know why my post is in this thread.i did post it in secret celebrity gossip thread so apologies if it doesn't make any sense in this thread.i have not ever even read any of this thread and anyone reading will think I'm mental....tattle life what are you doing??!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12