Coronavirus disease support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd never had anxiety in my life before + would always be the one to tell people to get a grip/pull themselves together. Until recently. And now I get it what others have & do feel. I'm not anxious about the Coronavirus, I'm aware - I've a fully stocked freezer, plenty of loo roll + washing hands frequently. I'm asthmatic so it could affect me but I'm not stressing about it. I have suffered from anxiety in the last few months about a terminal cancer diagnosis of my Dad. It absolutely consumes you. Anxiety is a strange & horrible thing. I thankfully have good friends to rationalise things with when I think I'm losing my mind.
Acceptance of a situation is a big step. Breaking things down piece by piece also helps. There'll always be a positive in any situation if you look for it. Time alone overthinking is the biggest thing, it really doesn't help. Chamomile tea does have a calming effect & Polo's I find. The peppermint is helpful to nervous tummies.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I am thinking of changing to a fridge....and will from now be known as Beko,..lm trying to be cool about it so please leave a light for me and don't freeze me out or leave me in the corner....I think a fresh approach will do me the world of good...
Think I've gone off the idea..
As you were,...🙊🤣
Or Smeg.

Reactions: 1
I am thinking of changing to a fridge....and will from now be known as Beko,..lm trying to be cool about it so please leave a light for me and don't freeze me out or leave me in the corner....I think a fresh approach will do me the world of good...
Think I've gone off the idea..
As you were,...🙊🤣
I don't know why my post is in this thread.i did post it in secret celebrity gossip thread so apologies if it doesn't make any sense in this thread.i have not ever even read any of this thread and anyone reading will think I'm mental....tattle life what are you doing??!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I don't know why my post is in this thread.i did post it in secret celebrity gossip thread so apologies if it doesn't make any sense in this thread.i have not ever even read any of this thread and anyone reading will think I'm mental....tattle life what are you doing??!
I thought it must be a mistake.... or you can see we’re all slightly bonkers in here so thought you’d join us 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I seriously don’t get why people continue to post scaremongering figures and articles on here. There is seriously no need to panic. Yes it’s worrying if you have anxiety, I have anxiety too but you need to think logically at the end of the day. 7 billion people in the world and under 100k have had it. Only 3000 have died. Think about that. What will be will be - worrying won’t change that fact.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I thought it must be a mistake.... or you can see we’re all slightly bonkers in here so thought you’d join us 😂
They were saying that you could identify as anything,even a fridge,but if you are born with female bits,you are female,etc...this is to bring alittle context to the post🤣🙈🙊so that's why.. I'm not going mad or testing positive to the virus,🙏🙊.. hope I have cheered you all up anyway❤

Reactions: 4
They were saying that you could identify as anything,even a fridge,but if you are born with female bits,you are female,etc...this is to bring alittle context to the post🤣🙈🙊so that's why.. I'm not going mad or testing positive to the virus,🙏🙊.. hope I have cheered you all up anyway❤
Totally makes sense now 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh jeez it’s in my local area, only good news is that it’s only the people who have been to Italy have got it, just hope to god it doesn’t spread from them 🤞

Hi 👋 for the panic focus on your breathing in on count of four and out on count of eight. Also focus your mind on watching a spot get bigger and smaller as you breath. It’s a dreadful thing. But this helps me.

re virus there are lots of things you can do to try and prevent yourself having it, what others do is out of your control. Try not to worry about the latter. Stick to basic hygiene guidelines and think of th numbers that have it in total to the numbers in our overall proportion. We’ve beaten SARS, bird flu and a few others. Also try keep yourself busy it helps me focus.

I have an auto immune illness so I know it may hit me harder than most, but I’ll do all I canin my control to stop it getting to me and that’s all we can do.

The person in Berkshire that has died had cancer so a serious underlying condiion. My friend works in the hospital affected and sai theres been a stop to visitors.

Reactions: 1
I seriously don’t get why people continue to post scaremongering figures and articles on here. There is seriously no need to panic. Yes it’s worrying if you have anxiety, I have anxiety too but you need to think logically at the end of the day. 7 billion people in the world and under 100k have had it. Only 3000 have died. Think about that. What will be will be - worrying won’t change that fact.
Thank you, glad it's not just me who feels this. People are more likely to come a cropper crossing the road - 5 people are killed on Britain's roads every day (source: brake.org.uk). That is every day of every week of every year, but I bet all the people stressing about this virus wouldn't think twice about driving their cars, accepting a lift or crossing the road.

The person in Berkshire that has died had cancer so a serious underlying condiion. My friend works in the hospital affected and sai theres been a stop to visitors.
Where did you hear that they had cancer? That information hasn't been released as far as I can see. I used to work at the Royal Berkshire Hospital so know it and their procedures well, they wouldn't release such private details.

Last edited:
For some perspective there are less than 100 cases of this virus in the uk at the moment and over 66 MILLION people in the uk at present.

Reactions: 6
I agree, but it’s not always that easy. When my anxiety is really bad I literally can’t think logically. Like when I’m anxious about something I KNOW that it’s unrealistic to be that anxious but I still am.

I don’t have a lot of anxiety surrounding coronavirus but I do get a little anxious about the thought of my kids getting it. Especially my daughter who has asthma.

Reactions: 3
Genuinely feel awful. Pains in my chest and my heart is racing 😭
How are you doing now? 😕

I think this is what I’ve done... my initial worry is the shelves being wiped and not being able to feed my children, so I’ve stocked up on things for them so I know they’re ok for a while and that’s helped. We obviously don’t know what’s going to happen beyond that but I’m washing my hands as advised and making sure my children are and again that’s all we can reasonably do so beyond that il
Trying not to think any further and will deal with other situations as they arise

Also I’m trying to think how many times have I had the flu in my life. I can count twice. I do genuinely think I caught the swine flu in 2009 I think it was and that was the last time. Not trying to tempt fate in anyway at all but that may put it into perspective a bit. Also just been reading an email from my work about what to tell the students and it’s all very reassuring and the chances of getting it are still very low and to wash your hands and catch sneezes in a tissue etc.
I think it’s also really helpful to think about nurses, GP’s and doctors who work in surgeries and hospitals too. In the height of panic surrounding an illness it’s easy to feel like catching it is inevitable. But when you stop and think about people on those jobs, spending at least 8 hours a day in the presence of people who are ill, you get a more rational picture of how much we can protect ourselves when we follow basic hygiene procedures. Otherwise, our nurses and doctors would forever be off work ill were it impossible to protect against infectious diseases :)
Hands and hard surfaces, wash away, no corona for us today 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
How are you doing now? 😕
Better today. I have spoken to my gp and he has told me I have more chance of winning the lottery than getting this. I’ve to check in with him Monday but he has told me not to worry. The numbers seem scary but in reality in the UK population it isn’t that many. I’ve to stop reading news articles as thet provide information that isn’t always 100% actuate and people do seem to purposely scare monger. Thank you for asking x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I really don’t have any coping mechanism for it. I have literally no support at home. My husband has shouted this morning already telling me it’s ridiculous. I can’t live my life like this. I’m being stupid. Told me he’s sick of living with me being like this. I don’t think people who have never suffered it understand
Oh bless you, this is how I felt when I had my obsession with HIV years ago. Even though I knew I was being completely irrational with my fear it was consuming me and I felt physically and mentally ill because of it (I feel a bit tearful thinking back to that time actually). I take beta-blockers for the physical symptoms of anxiety, would really be worth asking your GP to prescribe them for you as you won't be able to calm down if your heart is racing and you feel sick because that in itself is worrying and just feeds the anxiety. The NHS offers a brilliant service called Talking Therapies and you can self-refer for this, you don't need your GP to refer you. I have used this service several times in my life when I've been overwhelmed by various life events and they've really helped me enormously. I think one of the things I've found most helpful as I've aged (in my 50s now, yikes!) is that I've come to terms with the fact that anxiety, depression and OCD are just part of my personality and I can choose to let them control me or I can choose to control them. I hope you can find the help you need.

Oh bless you, this is how I felt when I had my obsession with HIV years ago. Even though I knew I was being completely irrational with my fear it was consuming me and I felt physically and mentally ill because of it (I feel a bit tearful thinking back to that time actually). I take beta-blockers for the physical symptoms of anxiety, would really be worth asking your GP to prescribe them for you as you won't be able to calm down if your heart is racing and you feel sick because that in itself is worrying and just feeds the anxiety. The NHS offers a brilliant service called Talking Therapies and you can self-refer for this, you don't need your GP to refer you. I have used this service several times in my life when I've been overwhelmed by various life events and they've really helped me enormously. I think one of the things I've found most helpful as I've aged (in my 50s now, yikes!) is that I've come to terms with the fact that anxiety, depression and OCD are just part of my personality and I can choose to let them control me or I can choose to control them. I hope you can find the help you need.
Oh bless you. I have always been fixated on illnesses that have appeared around the world. I think I was 15/16 when it was swine flu and bird flu and I was so scared then. Ebola was another one I lost sleep over. The older I have got (28) im now more aware and obviously watch and listen to the news and it’s so much more in your face. I think that is what makes this work. As you say it’s part of who we are. It’s never going to just stop but learning to cope with it is a major thing. I will for sure see what I can do to help. Thank you

Reactions: 2
Interesting all the talk about the virus being around longer. I had an awful case of flu over Christmas. I spent three weeks in bed, was vomiting blood and lost over a stone. Wondering what I actually had now!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13