Coronavirus disease support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know if I need to post this in a support thread so apologies in advance..
These threads have been fab for support, help and guidance but I am majorly struggling tonight. After a lovely day, daily exercise the Morrison’s shop arrived and I just went into overdrive. Cleaned everything, including floors, door handles, food and then must have washed my hands 20+ times. Partner is a funeral director so i am constantly on edge, worrying about what he dealing with/his mental health too. I am a bag of nerves, out of breathe and generally anxious but tonight something just doesn’t feel right 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I don’t know if I need to post this in a support thread so apologies in advance..
These threads have been fab for support, help and guidance but I am majorly struggling tonight. After a lovely day, daily exercise the Morrison’s shop arrived and I just went into overdrive. Cleaned everything, including floors, door handles, food and then must have washed my hands 20+ times. Partner is a funeral director so i am constantly on edge, worrying about what he dealing with/his mental health too. I am a bag of nerves, out of breathe and generally anxious but tonight something just doesn’t feel right 😢
Just sounds like you've had 'a moment'. What we're going through is unprecedented (sorry for the favourite word of our government!) and it's completely understandable to have times where we just freak out. You've done everything you can cleaning wise, now try to switch off - watch some shite tv or if you're as sad as I am play a game on your phone (I'm addicted to Minesweeper 🙈), go to bed when you're genuinely tired and hopefully tomorrow will feel better

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Just sounds like you've had 'a moment'. What we're going through is unprecedented (sorry for the favourite word of our government!) and it's completely understandable to have times where we just freak out. You've done everything you can cleaning wise, now try to switch off - watch some shite tv or if you're as sad as I am play a game on your phone (I'm addicted to Minesweeper 🙈), go to bed when you're genuinely tired and hopefully tomorrow will feel better
Thank you ❤ I’ve made a cup of tea and gonna head to bed x

Reactions: 2
Sounds like a panic attack and they are genuinely frightening. Your anxiety levels are high and it can affect you in many physiological ways, some may surprise you!
Be mindful of your internal dialogue and thoughts, when they are becoming all consuming and anxiety fueled, take a break and breathe. I know we can't see the light at the end of the tunnel at the moment but there will be one so please hold onto that thought 💗

Thank you @Squirrelfriends 🙂 I think you were right, having never experienced anything like it before it was scary. I’m just trying to keep busy and not focus on the news constantly. Happy easter to you xx

Reactions: 1
God this is tit isn’t it.... I’ve had anxious days, days I’ve cried, the very odd positive day. Today is a crap one again, brain fog that leaves me unable to want to do anything including getting dressed. It’s my mums birthday so that’s not helping. Just want my old life back.... I’ve been sad about Certain things that’s happened in ‘life’ before all this but always picked myself up, I’m feeling it’s gone past that now & I’m depressed. Strange how some people are so always positive, what is there secret ?
* I’ve read the secret book before and not even that is helping at the min..
*used serotonin tablets for previous sadness, maybe I should order more. Thanks for listening, guess we all in this together 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I took my mum some groceries today. Left them on the doorstep and we made hugging gestures through the window - I cried all the way home 💔💔

• Sad
Is anyone else struggling with body image right now? The media keeps making posts suggesting that gaining weight during lockdown is the worst thing ever. I can't run for a couple/few weeks as I have damaged my leg muscles from overtraining. Usually I would do lower impact exercise at the gym like cycling, cross training or swimming but I obviously can't as they are closed. I ordered an exercise bike online but the pedals will not screw on correctly... so frustrating! I could go for walks but in my local parks, there are sooo many people still around and the paths are narrow.
So right now I feel like an inflatable balloon that keeps getting bigger and bigger with each passing day. I'm only 5"6 so my BMR is quite low, i'm used to eating more when I can do a lot of cardio.
I'm so tempted to give in to diet culture and just drink smoothies and soup for the foreseeable future. Thank you Daily Mail for making me feel like a fat whale :(. Sorry for ranting!

• Sad
Is anyone else struggling with body image right now? The media keeps making posts suggesting that gaining weight during lockdown is the worst thing ever. I can't run for a couple/few weeks as I have damaged my leg muscles from overtraining. Usually I would do lower impact exercise at the gym like cycling, cross training or swimming but I obviously can't as they are closed. I ordered an exercise bike online but the pedals will not screw on correctly... so frustrating! I could go for walks but in my local parks, there are sooo many people still around and the paths are narrow.
So right now I feel like an inflatable balloon that keeps getting bigger and bigger with each passing day. I'm only 5"6 so my BMR is quite low, i'm used to eating more when I can do a lot of cardio.
I'm so tempted to give in to diet culture and just drink smoothies and soup for the foreseeable future. Thank you Daily Mail for making me feel like a fat whale :(. Sorry for ranting!
I’m feeling the same way except it’s about my body structure rather than my weight. I think it’s not helped by the fact we have a lot less going on in life, we’re stuck in our own bubbles so it’s easier to become hypercritical of ourselves

Living on smoothies and soup might help with your weight but it’s going to make you feel like crap physically and mentally. Could you try a middle ground of eating healthily but still consuming enough? Sounds like exercise is a problem but there are ways around it. Have you tried looking online to find advice about your exercise bike? Could you do exercise videos on YouTube? I’ve found that few people are walking in residential streets, they’re not the prettiest walks but it means I’m out and exercising

And try not to read any media that makes you feel bad! There’s a pandemic going on, that’s enough to worry about. The media can be horrible, they don’t deserve your readership or funding so don’t give it to them

I’m feeling the same way except it’s about my body structure rather than my weight. I think it’s not helped by the fact we have a lot less going on in life, we’re stuck in our own bubbles so it’s easier to become hypercritical of ourselves

Living on smoothies and soup might help with your weight but it’s going to make you feel like crap physically and mentally. Could you try a middle ground of eating healthily but still consuming enough? Sounds like exercise is a problem but there are ways around it. Have you tried looking online to find advice about your exercise bike? Could you do exercise videos on YouTube? I’ve found that few people are walking in residential streets, they’re not the prettiest walks but it means I’m out and exercising

And try not to read any media that makes you feel bad! There’s a pandemic going on, that’s enough to worry about. The media can be horrible, they don’t deserve your readership or funding so don’t give it to them
I recommend checking out Pop Sugar Fitness Youtube channel, especially the barre exercises and HIIT. The barre is low impact but really gets you sweating. I've been doing it for three years and look so good (normally at a studio but at home now). You don't need a barre, can use a chair instead. If you don't have weights, can use canned food or wine bottles! I also did some videos from this channel today and loved it. I normally go to the gym 4-5 times a week but had to find an alternative.

Thanks for replying :). Yes, you are right, being stuck indoors all day has definitely made me be in my own negative bubble. I'll try going out for for some walks around the streets even if it's only 20 minutes (i'm so jealous of people who live in the countryside or near gorgeous coastal walks!) (I saw 3 rats in my walk around the local park the other day, ew).
Even indoor cardio sends shooting pains down my legs so I've been focusing on stretching and massaging my legs whilst strength training my upper body. I just miss cardio haha but I guess even without lockdown I would still have to rest for a couple of weeks.
I'm trying to arrange an exchange or refund for my exercise bike, luckily it has 1 year warranty but I was hoping to be able to use it for 30 mins or so a day during lockdown.

I've been trying to eat healthy recently but I keep baking out of boredom and then my partner surprised me with lots of Easter eggs :LOL:. It's fine, I guess I have just realised how much I used exercise before to control my emotions. I'll look at some online workouts on YouTube to add to my playlist though!

just heard from my cousin about an hour ago that my uncle is apparently in hospital with suspected covid-19...this is messing with me because the guy abused me as a kid in multiple ways and is the reason I don't talk to my family because they all knew and continued to let him stay at our house, and let me sleep over at his. I've not thought about him or what he did in years so I wish my cousin hadnt even told me. And now I feel guilty for not giving a duck if he dies. this is really the last thing i need on my mind right now. heads a mess

• Sad
Reactions: 13
just heard from my cousin about an hour ago that my uncle is apparently in hospital with suspected covid-19...this is messing with me because the guy abused me as a kid in multiple ways and is the reason I don't talk to my family because they all knew and continued to let him stay at our house, and let me sleep over at his. I've not thought about him or what he did in years so I wish my cousin hadnt even told me. And now I feel guilty for not giving a duck if he dies. this is really the last thing i need on my mind right now. heads a mess
I think you’ve every right to feel how you feel. I really don’t have any words of wisdom and will probably say something that will not be worded well but you’re allowed to have those feelings xx

Reactions: 6
You're perfectly entitled to feel the exact same way, whether the man is healthy or not. Being ill doesn't undo what he's done, no need to feel any guilt.

Reactions: 6
I think you’ve every right to feel how you feel. I really don’t have any words of wisdom and will probably say something that will not be worded well but you’re allowed to have those feelings xx
You're perfectly entitled to feel the exact same way, whether the man is healthy or not. Being ill doesn't undo what he's done, no need to feel any guilt.
thank you both x

so bloody confusing. literally not thought about him in so long and it took a lot of time and therapy to get to that point!! My cousin knows what he did so I'm trying not to be mad at her for telling me when I know she was only doing what she thought was right.

• Heart
thank you both x

so bloody confusing. literally not thought about him in so long and it took a lot of time and therapy to get to that point!! My cousin knows what he did so I'm trying not to be mad at her for telling me when I know she was only doing what she thought was right.
She probably stressed over what to do . If she did it with good intentions try not to be mad with her but it’s ok to be mad at the situation.

Wide awake here with anxiety. My husband and I are both off for the 12 weeks and are isolating at home.
I can't help feeling sick with worry that it will be longer than 12 weeks and if it is we will lose our jobs and then our home etc etc and that's if we don't catch the virus which is obviously a bigger worry (especially for my husband who has COPD). I know there is no point worrying about the future and am just trying to survive a day at a time but it's so bloody hard.

• Sad
Wide awake here with anxiety. My husband and I are both off for the 12 weeks and are isolating at home.
I can't help feeling sick with worry that it will be longer than 12 weeks and if it is we will lose our jobs and then our home etc etc and that's if we don't catch the virus which is obviously a bigger worry (especially for my husband who has COPD). I know there is no point worrying about the future and am just trying to survive a day at a time but it's so bloody hard.
Sending you lots of love. Easier said than done but try and take it a day at a time otherwise you’ll make yourself ill with worry. Do you have friends or family assisting with food shopping and things like that if you can’t go out?x

I didnt sleep well, kept tossing and turning, feeling sick with a dodgy stomach as I'm so anxious. 😣 But got up when my bf went to work, made a cuppa and now I'm watching TV, trying to distract myself.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Woke up feeling anxious again, really struggling to get a grip on things. I'm here alone with 2 dogs when my bf is in work and they're stressing me out, so I just broke down crying as I'm constantly cleaning after them and their hairs, and I'm cleaning the house because I'm scared my bf will bring it home, so I'm shattered and dont know what to do to keep everything clean and safe, I'm even worried when I touch my face or hair, feel like I'm never clean.... 😣

• Sad