Coronavirus disease support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi. Lurker here, I don't post often. I wondered if there is anyone on here who can give me some advice. Yesterday (on my birthday) my husband told me he doesn't love me anymore and wants a divorce. Today is our 10th wedding anniversary (excellent timing). Due to coronavirus lockdown he won't leave our house. We have 2 sons. I just wondered if there is anyone here who works in family law and might have time to give me a little advice. Thanks.
I’m sorry to hear this x

Reactions: 4
Hi. Lurker here, I don't post often. I wondered if there is anyone on here who can give me some advice. Yesterday (on my birthday) my husband told me he doesn't love me anymore and wants a divorce. Today is our 10th wedding anniversary (excellent timing). Due to coronavirus lockdown he won't leave our house. We have 2 sons. I just wondered if there is anyone here who works in family law and might have time to give me a little advice. Thanks.
Hi, I have no advice from a legal stand point but didn't want to scroll past without replying. Firstly Hapy Birthday for yesterday 💗 Sorry about the circumstances over shadowing your day. I would wait until lockdown is over to make any decisions re divorce. Everyone is stressed right now, could it be your husband is struggling with his mental health and is lashing out because he can't cope? The reason I say this is because when I'm struggling with anxiety and stress I tend to catastrophize and spiral, making rash decisions (like wanting to leave my partner) because my mind is overwhelmed, it's that fight or flight reaction in my brain in overdrivee. Of course there may be more to his reasoning but I would advise the both of you to sit on this and not make any rash decisions right now. I really hope this situation get better for you all.

Reactions: 6
I’m not in family law but I am a lawyer. Send me a message and I’ll see if I can help.

I can get universal credit, not much but it will get me the bare essentials. I heard back from a job I applied to saying they are going to contact rn once everything’s back to normal so that sounds helpful x
Hope you are doing ok. Im always here for a chat.x

My depression has been quite bad this week and one of my symptoms is becoming overwhelmed and frustrated if I take on a task that’s too much on that given day. The garden is really in need of a tidy up the patio needed sweeping and partner had trimmed the hedges so all that needed to be cleaned up so I decided to start on that. It was fine for a bit but I got some reason found myself getting more and more frustrated with the mess it had become, that I had to just walk away. I had a cry in the bathroom as that’s the only place I can get some quiet at the moment. Hate getting like this, feel so unhelpful around the house when it seems like everything drives me to tears. My attitude towards everyone else in the house stinks so I just feel it’s better if I hide away for now.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
My depression has been quite bad this week and one of my symptoms is becoming overwhelmed and frustrated if I take on a task that’s too much on that given day. The garden is really in need of a tidy up the patio needed sweeping and partner had trimmed the hedges so all that needed to be cleaned up so I decided to start on that. It was fine for a bit but I got some reason found myself getting more and more frustrated with the mess it had become, that I had to just walk away. I had a cry in the bathroom as that’s the only place I can get some quiet at the moment. Hate getting like this, feel so unhelpful around the house when it seems like everything drives me to tears. My attitude towards everyone else in the house stinks so I just feel it’s better if I hide away for now.
Oh bless you. Sending lots of love x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
How do you get past the feeling of not wanting to do anything or spend time with anyone? I feel awful all I want to do is hide in the bedroom away from my kids and partner. If anyone comes near me I feel a sense of dread like I want them to go away and leave me alone.

Reactions: 2
Me again... really bad day today... feel stuck as I can’t even leave the house for a break. I don’t really do walking for the sake of it and I can’t exactly go and sit on a bench somewhere for a bit.

Hardly been around my partner and kids because I am really unpleasant for them to be around at the moment and I don’t feel it’s fair. Feel selfish although I’m not enjoying feeling like this. Already lost my rag with one of the kids after I found out they broke a garden toy that belonged to their sibling. Partner had already had words but apparently I wanted my say too - not helpful at all. So off upstairs I went again because I can barely manage civil human interaction at the moment. I just feel vile, angry, irritated.

What is wrong with me. I hate this.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Me again... really bad day today... feel stuck as I can’t even leave the house for a break. I don’t really do walking for the sake of it and I can’t exactly go and sit on a bench somewhere for a bit.

Hardly been around my partner and kids because I am really unpleasant for them to be around at the moment and I don’t feel it’s fair. Feel selfish although I’m not enjoying feeling like this. Already lost my rag with one of the kids after I found out they broke a garden toy that belonged to their sibling. Partner had already had words but apparently I wanted my say too - not helpful at all. So off upstairs I went again because I can barely manage civil human interaction at the moment. I just feel vile, angry, irritated.

I’m sorry to hear you are struggling, it must be very difficult for you. Maybe going out for a walk or distracting yourself to ‘get out of your head’ would do you good. I live alone which comes with its own negatives, but I do understand what it must feel like and how hard it must be having kids to entertain at the moment.
Don’t be hard on yourself and beat yourself up. x

I’m sorry to hear you are struggling, it must be very difficult for you. Maybe going out for a walk or distracting yourself to ‘get out of your head’ would do you good. I live alone which comes with its own negatives, but I do understand what it must feel like and how hard it must be having kids to entertain at the moment.
Don’t be hard on yourself and beat yourself up. x
I just feel like every time i open my mouth it’s to make everyone else feel as bad as I do and they don’t deserve that. Even if I start off calm and ‘positive’ it descends into me being a bleep I guess it’s good I’m aware of it just wish I could stop it from bubbling to the surface. Maybe a walk will help you’re probably right. Just don’t want anyone to see me in this state, I can’t hold it together. Crying on and off all day, feeling like there’s nothing good going on right now just stuck in this house literally nowhere else to go. I’m so bloody bored but I’m also failing as a parent. I don’t want to do it anymore. I wish I could walk away to be honest I feel that bad right now. Partner’s been great*, I don’t deserve it.

*apart from trying to send the kids to bed at 5pm for misbehaving lol

edit: also thank you for your reply and understanding x

Try and take a break. It’s difficult when you’ve got everyone stuck in the house and especially when there’s no end in sight.

I just feel like every time i open my mouth it’s to make everyone else feel as bad as I do and they don’t deserve that. Even if I start off calm and ‘positive’ it descends into me being a bleep I guess it’s good I’m aware of it just wish I could stop it from bubbling to the surface. Maybe a walk will help you’re probably right. Just don’t want anyone to see me in this state, I can’t hold it together. Crying on and off all day, feeling like there’s nothing good going on right now just stuck in this house literally nowhere else to go. I’m so bloody bored but I’m also failing as a parent. I don’t want to do it anymore. I wish I could walk away to be honest I feel that bad right now. Partner’s been great*, I don’t deserve it.

*apart from trying to send the kids to bed at 5pm for misbehaving lol

edit: also thank you for your reply and understanding x
You’re not failing as a parent at all. They’ve got a roof over their head, food on the table and I’m sure are well looked after - they’re all wins in my eyes. It sounds like you’re struggling and even if you are being bad tempered, I’m sure once this is all over they won’t remember it anyway. Could you talk to your doctor? Do you have somewhere you could go for an hour or two or overnight? (I know there are rules in place for the virus but your mental health matters too). Don’t make any rash decisions while you’re feeling emotional. Feel free to PM me if you like x

• Heart
Thank you for that it’s really helped me calm down. I think I might try and phone the doctors tomorrow. No where to go really except another room in the house. I’ve been fine for the first couple of weeks of lockdown but this week I’ve found everything much harder. Been feeling guilt over not ‘home schooling’ my kids at all really whilst people post endlessly about how much stuff theirs have done on social media. I marvel at these kids who actually choose to read books because mine seem to hate it and I feel like that’s a massive fail on my part.. anyway, I think a social media break might be in order too, been spending more time on it lately given the circumstances.

Thank you for that it’s really helped me calm down. I think I might try and phone the doctors tomorrow. No where to go really except another room in the house. I’ve been fine for the first couple of weeks of lockdown but this week I’ve found everything much harder. Been feeling guilt over not ‘home schooling’ my kids at all really whilst people post endlessly about how much stuff theirs have done on social media. I marvel at these kids who actually choose to read books because mine seem to hate it and I feel like that’s a massive fail on my part.. anyway, I think a social media break might be in order too, been spending more time on it lately given the circumstances.
I was about to say maybe have a social media break - I came off Instagram as it was driving me mad.

It’s not a fail on your part. I think most people who have to show off on social media to get praise are quite sad to be honest.

Do speak to someone if you can. I’ve had to have some counselling lately (which I admit I’m fortunate enough to be able to pay for) but I think most people are struggling in one way or another. I do have friends who are acting like this is normal and I can’t get my head round that 🤣

Do something nice for yourself for the rest of the day. Sit your kids in front of the tv or games and don’t feel guilty. They need you x

Struggling massively. Currently on week 3 of shielding due to having received a leukemia diagnosis just days before all this started. Feel like I'm not coping well at all and have too much to deal with. Feeling crap 90% of the time but feel guilty if I take any time out for myself or have a wobble as I'm trying to protect the kids from seeing me like that. Missing my mum and dad as they're a huge support to me and although I'm talking with them daily it's just not the same. Terrified all the time.

• Sad