Coronavirus disease support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sadly I cant talk to them as theyve deleted me from Facebook and dont want anything to do with me for the time being. All because I took one 10 minute walk to an empty park, only time ive been out in 8 days but apparently its heartbreaking to watch me take risks 😩
Some people are understandably very scared about the whole thing. Seems a bit extreme to block you after they express worry and concern for you. Can you not contact one of their family members with your concern for their MH?

Some people are understandably very scared about the whole thing. Seems a bit extreme to block you after they express worry and concern for you. Can you not contact one of their family members with your concern for their MH?
I was thinking of contacting her husband but dont know how well that would go down

For a while now I’ve had real issues leaving the house, it crept up on me slowly - I gave up work
And my kids are all at school and I’ve been spending longer and longer in bed. I’ve tried to go to the shop with my partner but I can only do 1 or 2 shops before the panic sets in & I make an excuse to go home. My parents and friends think I’m lazy. It’s occurred to me more during lockdown that aside from having my children at home life is no differently for me. I stopped taking them out at weekends a while ago and we never walk anywhere. I went into the garden yesterday and felt sick and dizzy straight away, the sun was out and my kids were playing and I couldn’t be outside, I scuttled back into the lounge and it then hit me so hard that I’ve been covering up personal issues with leaving the house for months. I think I’ve got real issues with it and have nowhere else to confide :(

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Her doctor says she has suppressed anxiety but she wont admit it. She has alot of physical health issues though.
Why don't you just message her husband saying you noticed she's blocked you because you went for a walk and just ask him if she's OK as it seems extreme behaviour over something so minor? But say something like 'tell her I'm sorry if my going for a walk upset her so much but i don't think it's enough to lose a friendship over'?

Reactions: 1
Hope everyone is holding up ok. Has anyone ever collected a shopping order from Asda before? I am tomorrow for the first time and my stupid anxiety is getting to me. How does it work, do I just pick up my items from crates? Take my own bags? It’s really the silliest of things but I’m worried.

I just don’t see the point anymore. I’m generally very positive, I haven’t felt depressed in years. But I just don’t see the point in carrying on. I have no job, I don’t even have enough to get me through this month. I spend all day every day cleaning up after my son.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I just don’t see the point anymore. I’m generally very positive, I haven’t felt depressed in years. But I just don’t see the point in carrying on. I have no job, I don’t even have enough to get me through this month. I spend all day every day cleaning up after my son.
Can any of your family members help you out money wise?

How are you today? I understand how you are feeling x

How are you today? I understand how you are feeling x
I’m okay thank you for asking! Having good and bad days I guess. I feel a lot better now the house is clean and tidy, been out to Tesco and a walk round the block. Also been doing some crafts x

I’m okay thank you for asking! Having good and bad days I guess. I feel a lot better now the house is clean and tidy, been out to Tesco and a walk round the block. Also been doing some crafts x
I’m glad you are feeling a bit better. It must be so hard going through this with a child to worry about and care for too. (I’m single and finding it tough so hats off to you and other parents). Are you entitled to any financial help? Try and take it one day at a time as if you’re like me thinking too far ahead just seems overwhelming and too much. Feel free to private message if you need to x

And in words in case the video doesn't work:

#COVID19 BREATHING EXERCISE:

1. SIT UPRIGHT:
[DeepBreath + Hold 5sec] x 5
[DeepBreath + CoughIntoCloth] x 1
Repeat a 2nd time.

2. LIE ON STOMACH:
[Breath slightly deeper than normal]
Continue for 10 min.

3. REPEAT REGULARLY.

This can be done before any symptoms as well as during.

I’m glad you are feeling a bit better. It must be so hard going through this with a child to worry about and care for too. (I’m single and finding it tough so hats off to you and other parents). Are you entitled to any financial help? Try and take it one day at a time as if you’re like me thinking too far ahead just seems overwhelming and too much. Feel free to private message if you need to x
I can get universal credit, not much but it will get me the bare essentials. I heard back from a job I applied to saying they are going to contact rn once everything’s back to normal so that sounds helpful x

Reactions: 2
I can get universal credit, not much but it will get me the bare essentials. I heard back from a job I applied to saying they are going to contact rn once everything’s back to normal so that sounds helpful x
That’s hopeful re job. Moneysavingexpert.com and the forums are a great place if you need financial advice or a nudge in the right direction of where to look for help. x

Went to bed last night feeling rubbish and have woken up this morning feeling the same. I thought I was doing ok, but I’m so fed up now. I think it’s because it’s getting closer to easter- I had several family gatherings planned. It’s difficult to look forward to anything when we don’t know when it will be able to happen. I feel bad for feeling this way as there are people in much worse situations, but everything just seems pointless right now 😣

Had a good cry in the kitchen today. I go from having loads of energy, keeping the house clean and trying to entertain the toddler, to not being able to do anything and getting upset. My poor little girl :( it just feels pointless. It’s all pointless. I just look forward to going to bed. I’m eating so much more than I usually would. There’s no end in sight.

Have you tried talking to this person about their issues? I understand you’re concerned but if you haven’t spoken to them about how they are feeling I wouldn’t go behind their back. This is just my thoughts and how I have experienced things. I would rather someone ask me if I’m okay and would I like help or someone to talk to. If you have already passed this stage you can contact GP on behalf of someone but obviously because of confidentiality they cannot discuss but of course they can report your concerns and offer ways to help.

on another note..

I am getting concerned about food shopping now. I’m having to go out multiple times a week because I live alone at the minute and I have no car. I can’t get a delivery slot to save my life. There’s nothing until end of April. It’s so frustrating trying to stay in but having no choice but to keep going to the shop every other day.
Try at exactly 5pm each day for a delivery slot. We had been trying to arrange one for my Nanna for the last 2 weeks. We even stayed up all night and then tried setting alarms for midnight, 5am, etc. We eventually secured a slot with Tesco at bang on 5pm yesterday x

Your son is your reason for carrying on. It's so very hard but this will end. Is there anybody that you can reach out to? Don't be ashamed to ask for help and keep talking x

Hi. Lurker here, I don't post often. I wondered if there is anyone on here who can give me some advice. Yesterday (on my birthday) my husband told me he doesn't love me anymore and wants a divorce. Today is our 10th wedding anniversary (excellent timing). Due to coronavirus lockdown he won't leave our house. We have 2 sons. I just wondered if there is anyone here who works in family law and might have time to give me a little advice. Thanks.

• Sad
Reactions: 7