Coronavirus disease support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tried to send you one but it wouldn’t work. Happy to share my email on here if it’s allowed?
It wouldn't work for me either. Thanks anyway. My husband has moved into a B&B so it is a bit better. I have a bit of space and I have sorted some stuff. Thank you for offering to help me x

I’ve been really sad the last few days. I live on my own and I’m missing my parents and my boyfriend so so much. I just got to go to bed because I’m exhausted and I saw a spider, tried to kill it (sorry to anyone who doesn’t like that) and it managed to escape and run under my bed. It’s huge and I couldn’t find it anywhere. I’m currently on the sofa because I keep feeling the spider on me and I can’t bear to be in my bedroom. I just really want a cuddle.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I feel like I've lost it
Can't sleep
not taking it as seriously as I was
Like I've done a complete 180

Ordered food for delivery when I had said I wouldnt anymore because risk of catching it with the person cooking/packaging

Ordered things from Amazon too

Had stopped smoking after seeing a woman in hospital with the virus telling people to stop because of how much worse it's made it for her and it scared me I had stopped for 2 weeks and now Ive started again

idk feel like I never know how to think I feel like a completely different person all the time i had been trying to be positive lately through the past few days now I feel awful and like I'm going down hill, feel so tired of everything

• Sad
Hi long time lurker, I am so anxious I don’t know what to do with myself, I live with my partner . A couple of days ago he started a tickle cough, he coughed a few times thr other day, and a couple of times the next day, he says he feels fine though, he has no temperature. I have a complete panic attack every time he coughs and it causes arguments. He slept in the spare room last night I haven’t had a wink of sleep listening out in case he coughs. Does not help the lady who lives downstairs. With her son works across the road at an old people’s home with a confirmed case, has been self isolating symptoms, I can hear her coughing, her son has still been going to work though. I am petrified one of us as pick d it up from touching the shared gate, or if it can be airborne. I have stage four kidney disease. I feel like I am going insane.

• Sad
I feel like I've lost it
Can't sleep
not taking it as seriously as I was
Like I've done a complete 180

Ordered food for delivery when I had said I wouldnt anymore because risk of catching it with the person cooking/packaging

Ordered things from Amazon too

Had stopped smoking after seeing a woman in hospital with the virus telling people to stop because of how much worse it's made it for her and it scared me I had stopped for 2 weeks and now Ive started again

idk feel like I never know how to think I feel like a completely different person all the time i had been trying to be positive lately through the past few days now I feel awful and like I'm going down hill, feel so tired of everything
Oh no, I'm sorry.... sending you a hug. 😊 Do you have anyone you can talk to? I've felt like that these past few days, I'm ok for a while, then I worry and break down. 😣

I ordered slippers as I'm in need of new ones and want comfort, then felt guilty. I went out shopping yesterday, but got in a panic in Home Bargain as there was too many people where I wanted to go to, and had to leave. 😣 Popped to farmfoods but couldn't get much, so will pop out to get the stuff I couldn't tomorrow after I've been to the chemist. My anxiety is through the roof, living with my bf who's a nurse makes things harder, although he's a great support, I worry each time he comes home.... 😣 And I've woke with a tight chest and a bit of a sore throat, probably because I'm in the garden in the day in the sun, then cold in the evenings, but everything is making me worried....

• Sad
Reactions: 3
To the recent posts on here...
I posted a few days ago, I was in a bad way too, crying, stressed & anxious. I’ve found that reading a rewire your brain book has really helped me, I’ve stayed away from social media & news apps, and even this forum for a bit. Give your brain a chance to recover. The media is Creating mental torture and I hold them accountable for all the scaremongering. Things will get better ❤

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My child hasn't been to her Dad's house since lockdown started, he lives in a building with other people coming and going via a communal hallway. She misses him despite video calls and him visiting on the doorstep but I can't send her because he's useless with hygiene and still thinks it's ok to pop to the shop for sweets.
Then my brain reminds me that once lockdown ends we'll all be exposed to a second wave regardless so I'm torn as to whether I should let her stay at his.

Wtf do I do for the best 😥 ??

To the recent posts on here...
I posted a few days ago, I was in a bad way too, crying, stressed & anxious. I’ve found that reading a rewire your brain book has really helped me, I’ve stayed away from social media & news apps, and even this forum for a bit. Give your brain a chance to recover. The media is Creating mental torture and I hold them accountable for all the scaremongering. Things will get better ❤
Totally agree with you. I’ve stepped away from the news aside the daily briefing in the afternoon as all the constant death tolls and news was creating more anxiety for me. I’ve been distracting myself with tasks around the house and playing games with my son when I’m not working from home and finding the small joys in things like cooking, a nice bath, music etc. It’s still up and down each day but I’m muddling through it but not getting too overwhelmed by news and social media. Hugs to all in these crazy times ❤

I’ve been really sad the last few days. I live on my own and I’m missing my parents and my boyfriend so so much. I just got to go to bed because I’m exhausted and I saw a spider, tried to kill it (sorry to anyone who doesn’t like that) and it managed to escape and run under my bed. It’s huge and I couldn’t find it anywhere. I’m currently on the sofa because I keep feeling the spider on me and I can’t bear to be in my bedroom. I just really want a cuddle.
im sorry you are sad and frightened, I am actually an animal rights person, but I understand if you are scared of the spider and you are on your own. if you cant find him, I bet hes gone to live outside now because its warm, he will be out catching insects, they only come in when its cold, don't worry xx

I just realised I posted the above post in the wrong thread, so I apologise. That's what happens when you're going between a few forums! Lol

• Haha
I’ve done a bit of a 180 too, I feel unphased by it now. I’m not if that’s because I’ve now been at home for four week and got myself into a routine.

I wasn’t sleeping worrying my parents or my husband would get it. In the last few days I’ve ordered things online, though about going out.

I did venture out to the post office today, I run an online business so am going once a week but oh my was it stressful. I felt like a criminal. I had to go to two villages as mine was shut so then picked up a bottle of wine and chocolate while I was there and felt guilty it wasn’t an essential purchase 😔 my minds doing complete circles today.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
It's a strange 5hing for me as I look at the death rate and am cheered up when its lower than the day before,and when it rises,which it has today,makes me so depressed.its just a little victory over Rona then she gets her own back.
I dread to think what the poor relatives and friends are doing and coping with it.its even more horrendous than usual and it's like they can't get rid of the bodies quick enough.
It just seems so surreal and you get the lovely 5 minutes when you wake up...then you remember.its like we are all in the same nitenare,not like real life at all.

Reactions: 3
My child hasn't been to her Dad's house since lockdown started, he lives in a building with other people coming and going via a communal hallway. She misses him despite video calls and him visiting on the doorstep but I can't send her because he's useless with hygiene and still thinks it's ok to pop to the shop for sweets.
Then my brain reminds me that once lockdown ends we'll all be exposed to a second wave regardless so I'm torn as to whether I should let her stay at his.

Wtf do I do for the best 😥 ??
It’s fine to tell him and her that she’s not going to stay there at the moment. That’s what I would do as you will be too worried regarding hygiene and social distancing.
In a month or few weeks when you do decide that you can let her stay, hopefully she will be more aware of hand washing and keeping safe distance. You didn’t say how old she was, but just do what’s best for your mental health at this time.

I’ve done a bit of a 180 too, I feel unphased by it now. I’m not if that’s because I’ve now been at home for four week and got myself into a routine.

I wasn’t sleeping worrying my parents or my husband would get it. In the last few days I’ve ordered things online, though about going out.

I did venture out to the post office today, I run an online business so am going once a week but oh my was it stressful. I felt like a criminal. I had to go to two villages as mine was shut so then picked up a bottle of wine and chocolate while I was there and felt guilty it wasn’t an essential purchase 😔 my minds doing complete circles today.
As much as we don’t want to go out, it does get easier, plus wine & chocolate are essential during lockdown don’t feel guilty. I hadn’t been near a supermarket for 3 weeks, but find if I take my own wipes for trolley and keep my distance it, plus hand washing when home I feel in control

Last edited:
In a month or few weeks when you do decide that you can let her stay, hopefully she will be more aware of hand washing and keeping safe distance.
Oh she's 6 and she's great at hygiene etc it's her Dad who I'm apparently having to teach, he's useless.
I let her hug him outside earlier, she hasn't touched him in a month, I think I'm going to have to let her stay at his a bit, she's been really upset having dreams about hugging him 😭
My anxiety will be through the roof but her not spending time with him is really upsetting her.

thankfully I haven't had too much anxiety regarding the virus itself but a lot of my anxiety surrounds the lockdown and my university work. really struggle working from home and have multiple large assignments coming up that are super important and I Can't find any concentration to get them done. :(
Being stuck in really isn't helping. It's actually just make me realise how little friends I really have as it doesn't feel much different to usual... which is getting me down.

I’ve been posting in the generic C group (I refer to it as C because I don’t like typing or saying it). I came here because I’m so petrified of C. I’ve been signed off work, admin NHS so I feel so bad I’m not helping, but the surgery is a hot clinic for people with symptoms and I can’t even fathom going back Monday in the state I’m in. I’m seeking mental health support but it’s all taking so long. I am trying various other sources like online stuff to help. But it’s not helping. I’m so petrified- I’ve developed a phobia and huge overwhelming fear of C. My partner is so supportive and she is helping me. I have fleeting thoughts of wondering how I’ll continue living knowing it’s not going away anytime soon, I’m usually a very stoical 40yr old woman but this has paralysed me with fear. I’ll speak to my GP tomorrow but they have said they have nothing they can help me with other than my usual medication and that I need to keep at the mental health thing. The only reason I haven’t had to call crisis lines is because my partner is amazing- she’s working though so I’m home alone a lot. Are there any words of wisdom that will help my head click back to normal? I feel selfish and a failure and I’m struggling. 😔

It's a strange 5hing for me as I look at the death rate and am cheered up when its lower than the day before,and when it rises,which it has today,makes me so depressed.its just a little victory over Rona then she gets her own back.
I dread to think what the poor relatives and friends are doing and coping with it.its even more horrendous than usual and it's like they can't get rid of the bodies quick enough.
It just seems so surreal and you get the lovely 5 minutes when you wake up...then you remember.its like we are all in the same nitenare,not like real life at all.
I know what you mean about waking up and you feel ok for 10 seconds then it’s like I’m living a nightmare. I am so petrified of life right now 😔😔😔

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Oh no, I'm sorry.... sending you a hug. 😊 Do you have anyone you can talk to? I've felt like that these past few days, I'm ok for a while, then I worry and break down. 😣

I ordered slippers as I'm in need of new ones and want comfort, then felt guilty. I went out shopping yesterday, but got in a panic in Home Bargain as there was too many people where I wanted to go to, and had to leave. 😣 Popped to farmfoods but couldn't get much, so will pop out to get the stuff I couldn't tomorrow after I've been to the chemist. My anxiety is through the roof, living with my bf who's a nurse makes things harder, although he's a great support, I worry each time he comes home.... 😣 And I've woke with a tight chest and a bit of a sore throat, probably because I'm in the garden in the day in the sun, then cold in the evenings, but everything is making me worried....
Thank you. Not really like I have my friends but wouldnt go into all this with them like I'd say I'm finding things hard if they ask how I am but just can't go into it all don't know why. Sorry your stugging too it's such a difficult time xxx ❤

I clapped this week. I'm still anxious about it. Knew I couldn't win. Stupid anxious mess I am.

• Sad