Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pregnant women now able to have the vaccine. I know my SIL will still be very hesitant as I’m sure many will. She’s only 24 so has a while to wait until hers anyway (probably July) and as baby is due in August I think she’ll be waiting an extra month or so to have it.

Reactions: 3
Pregnant women now able to have the vaccine. I know my SIL will still be very hesitant as I’m sure many will. She’s only 24 so has a while to wait until hers anyway (probably July) and as baby is due in August I think she’ll be waiting an extra month or so to have it.
I’m not sure if I was pregnant I’d be taking it up. Happy to take it myself a non pregnant woman but they can’t know all the potential risks for a baby😬. Don’t blame your SIL being hesitant/waiting.

Reactions: 14
I’m not sure if I was pregnant I’d be taking it up. Happy to take it myself a non pregnant woman but they can’t know all the potential risks for a baby😬. Don’t blame your SIL being hesitant/waiting.
I’m the same. I’ll be having it but don’t blame her or any other pregnant women at all for waiting.

Reactions: 9
Johnson cancels trip to India. But why did it take so long?

Their graph is very worrying
View attachment 536152
I'm guessing it took this long to beat it into his skull about the limits of how flexible policies can be without having to reprint them on large bits of elastic.

Or in Yes Minister terms, he was advised that the visit would be 'decisively courageous' or something long those lines.
He would then be steered into putting forward suggestions that the decision to call it off was out of his hands and all 'for the public good' anyway.

It might be worth popping on BBC Parliament at half three to hear what he has to say. The public would not accept June 21st not happening. The weekend showed that you can no longer keep people cooped up and social distancing. We will not put up with losing two summers in a row to restrictions on our lives.

• Sick
Reactions: 15

It might be worth popping on BBC Parliament at half three to hear what he has to say. The public would not accept June 21st not happening. The weekend showed that you can no longer keep people cooped up and social distancing. We will not put up with losing two summers in a row to restrictions on our lives.
That's no surprise ! although it was said yesterday they weren't treating it as cause for concern yet .

Good news for the Aussies

Can’t wait to get spending 🤑

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

They haven’t said the 21st isn’t happening they are literally just addressing parliament, something which happens often at the moment due to covid. this is just fear mongering.

Reactions: 7
I really wish they would stop scaremongering people, we have no idea yet whether the vaccine is useless against the Indian variant or isn't. How can tabloids sleep at night knowing that a LOT of people are holding onto their last shred of hope to be able to see their families and friends again?

• Heart
Reactions: 10

That's brilliant and he's right. Labour have backed the government in so many votes. Why did Keir walk in to a pub? Firstly you knock and wait for someone to answer and secondly we are not allowed inside a pub at the moment. Why did he walk off? He should have answered the issues put forth to him.

Reactions: 6
Everyone to get a booster later this year, the vaccines are our way out of the pandemic but we must be very careful because of the variants. 103 cases of the Indian variant detected and India has been added to the red list

Reactions: 1
Developing a new test that can detect variants without having to send them for sequencing gives results in hours, the Indian variant is doubling every week despite the lockdown but the turnaround for the surge tests are taking to long and people could be spreading the virus unknowingly waiting on results.

It's only a matter of time until cases absolutely skyrocket. Welcome back to last Summer......

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
It's only a matter of time until cases absolutely skyrocket. Welcome back to last Summer......
As long as hospitalisations and death stay low it shouldn’t matter. I’ll lose all hope of they go up because if they do then what? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 23
Last summer was great. June-August hardly had any cases or deaths at all even with no vaccination programme and that was with BLM protests, lockdown protests and packed beaches. It takes 2-3 weeks from catching it to symptoms or worse. The rise we saw came from the middle part of September when education had been back a few weeks.

Reactions: 14
Last summer was great. June-August hardly had any cases or deaths at all even with no vaccination programme and that was with BLM protests, lockdown protests and packed beaches. It takes 2-3 weeks from catching it to symptoms or worse. The rise we saw came from the middle part of September when education had been back a few weeks.
When the new Kent variant raised its head

Wait to you see the rush of people coming from India before the new quarantine measures are brought in on Saturday

Reactions: 1
The harm that Sunak's idiotic Eat out to Help Out the Virus scheme did was immense. I don't think the government have learned a thing in the past year and I'll be surprised things aren't looking pretty bleak again sooner rather than later. Its very clear that the economy > lives policy is still on the go.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.