Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We are are centre parks (the world was a different place when we set off yesterday morning). We are all well but feel vunerable here. Eating in the cabin in woods so definitely social distancing. But swimming ect seems...not right you know

Reactions: 8
We are are centre parks (the world was a different place when we set off yesterday morning). We are all well but feel vunerable here. Eating in the cabin in woods so definitely social distancing. But swimming ect seems...not right you know
The chlorine in the pool kills the virus (here’s the link that was posted by my local pool https://www.pwtag.org/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-latest-information-2/ ) we don’t have any activities booked and I’ve premade dinners so not eating out x

Reactions: 2
No. I had a text but not an email. Is it any different? We have had our dinner in the cabin. But been in pool and bikes all day

The chlorine in the pool kills the virus (here’s the link that was posted by my local pool https://www.pwtag.org/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-latest-information-2/ ) we don’t have any activities booked and I’ve premade dinners so not eating out x
Thanks for that article, very reassuring

The take away meal we got here was foul and ridiculously priced - don’t recommend it fellow CPers

Reactions: 5
No. I had a text but not an email. Is it any different? We have had our dinner in the cabin. But been in pool and bikes all day

Thanks for that article, very reassuring

The take away meal we got here was foul and ridiculously priced - don’t recommend it fellow CPers
What one are you at? We’re at Elveden
I wanted to go home until I read about the pools so feel safer now

Reactions: 2
I can’t work out where I am with all this. Been told by work, we are getting to the end of the week and closing doors. Unfortunately I am on 0 hours. I don’t know where I stand on pay.

What are people’s thoughts on how long this will all go on for? Are they suggesting anything??

the uncertainty is making me very anxious

Longleat. We didn’t take our phones out most of the day and was so nice not to be constantly reminded about it all. But now I feel like I’m in a zombie film

Reactions: 1
MacDonalds UK to be take away and drive through only for the foreseeable future

Reactions: 16
Husband just took this - local corner shop selling 2 ROLLS of loo roll for £10! Sorry - "only £10" as the sign states 😂😂😂😂🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
I’d rather hose myself down in the shower/sink. I ain’t gonna lie, I’ve done it before 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I really liked the chancellor’s speech tonight but I still feel like BoJo needs a rocket up his arse. In layman’s terms he needs to say - we’re all in this together. We need to take this seriously and social distance to slow this thing down. Emergency childcare in schools and communities for the front line workers only - everyone else keep your kids off and at home. Not only to protect our NHS and in turn our loved ones that might need it, but also to help us get back to normal as quickly as we can. That’s all of us. Even you Joe Bloggs who’s gagging for a pint or you Sue who‘s survived the war and doesn’t want to give up her coffee in the garden centre of a Wednesday morning. ALL OF US. Together. As a United Kingdom.
It should be a speech that’s printed on the front page of every newspaper tomorrow, every online headline. He HAS speech writers, they can work remotely, where are they?? I really do think this country’s in desperate need of pulling together and a morale boost. He could do it for his Brexit campaign, he needs to find it from somewhere now.

It’s clear that they don’t want to lock us down completely in the hope of some sort of herd immunity and to prevent already stretched police resources being wasted on trying to enforce it. But if we could convince even half of the people who think it’s a load of nonsense to actually do it, we’d have a much better chance of beating this thing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
MacDonalds UK to be take away and drive through only for the foreseeable future
Sensible move.
I'm so glad some businesses are taking things into their own hands for the sake of their customers.

Reactions: 20
I’d rather hose myself down in the shower/sink. I ain’t gonna lie, I’ve done it before 🤪
I'm not gonna lie either, we have a bidet in our main bathroom (because it came with the set) and I tried to use it for the first time at the weekend. Ended up soaking myself! Had to change every stitch of clothing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I really liked the chancellor’s speech tonight but I still feel like BoJo needs a rocket up his arse. In layman’s terms he needs to say - we’re all in this together. We need to take this seriously and social distance to slow this thing down. Emergency childcare in schools and communities for the front line workers only - everyone else keep your kids off and at home. Not only to protect our NHS and in turn our loved ones that might need it, but also to help us get back to normal as quickly as we can. That’s all of us. Even you Joe Bloggs who’s gagging for a pint or you Sue who‘s survived the war and doesn’t want to give up her coffee in the garden centre of a Wednesday morning. ALL OF US. Together. As a United Kingdom.
It should be a speech that’s printed on the front page of every newspaper tomorrow, every online headline. He HAS speech writers (my boss is actually pretty close with him believe it or not), they can work remotely, where are they?? I really do think this country’s in desperate need of pulling together and a morale boost. He could do it for his Brexit campaign, he needs to find it from somewhere now.

It’s clear that they don’t want to lock us down completely in the hope of some sort of herd immunity and to prevent already stretched police resources being wasted on trying to enforce it. But if we could convince even half of the people who think it’s a load of nonsense to actually do it, we’d have a much better chance of beating this thing.
Best thing I’ve heard. Your spot on 👏🏻

Reactions: 13
Boris always seems to look out of his depth when answering questions, he just mumbles and bumbles along without actually giving out any information.

Reactions: 19
Boris always seems to look out of his depth when answering questions, he just mumbles and bumbles along without actually giving out any information.
I think he is actually out his depth. He thought he was signing up for all his "fun" he had planned for brexit. He didn't sign up for a pandemic 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.