Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Allypally

It is so unimportant compared to what some have gone through or are going through but - are there others, like myself, who would be genuinely gutted at the prospect of no foreign travel for another year or two?
Absolutely gutting, the aviation industry just wouldn’t survive 😭

monga

VIP Member
As an NHS worker that news fills me with hope. I'm quite happy as a younger person to get the Pfizer

I don't get what you mean? We do swab people, just not if they've tested positive within the last 90 days. I'd someone is positive they are not considered infectious after 14 days (generally I'm not sure about very ill covid patients) and then they have antibodies so in theory shouldnt be catching it again within 90 days.
But I thought the tests weren't 100% and there were a lot of false results there could be a lot slipping through the net that's 2 people I know of on here that's lost a family member after picking it up in hospital.

Olive40

I don’t think it’s ridiculous allowing exercise with one person outside. The risk outside is tiny, and allowing meeting one person is a small thing that may keep a lot of people going
I agree it helps many mentally but in the first lockdown we couldn’t meet anyone. His rules are always so mixed up and people don’t often understand what they can and can’t do. Also as a mother if I allowed my children to meet a friend outdoors they’d probably stand close by, do selfie’s together etc.,

monga

VIP Member
The thing that concerns me most about all of this (I have had covid and thankfully recovered) is vaccines against the "new strains".
We all went into lockdown last march and have not left lockdown in any meaningful way since. Now the vaccines are being rolled out since the end of 2020 and ramped up in 2021 yet the numbers are still high, deaths are still happening in the most vulnerable category, and we are all wearing masks and still in lockdown. I understand there are a few nutters around who wont follow the rules but the numbers are beyond that few people. I can't help but feel like there are lies being told somewhere, and you can call it a conspiracy if you want. I predict before 2021 is over everyone that wants the vaccine will have it, yet we will still be in lockdown of some sort with some new thing to be worried about.

I keep saying it, there is no healthy debate but plenty of condemnation going about. Its time some TV station steps up and holds a sensible debate between the likes of Professor Dolores Cahill or someone from her side and someone from the government side and just hash it out live, im not totally convinced Chris Witty & co will be able to answer the questions convincingly
I was just thinking of the way flu has been brought down to near zero yet it hasn't made a dent in the levels of covid .....

Last edited:

Renata

VIP Member
What do people mean by trust?

I have heard this mentioned a few times. Is this different to an nhs hospital?

fireflies

VIP Member
The cases that were non travel related and could not trace back to positive cases could have come from asymptomatic transmission which is why I think they are doing door to door testing.
Its either worse than we keep being told
Maybe immune to vaccines
Or they think we have a real problem and its more widespread and want to use these tests as way to measure as small sample as seems odd 3 different corners if the country.
You know like in Hancock fave film contagion some if the characters crossed paths I can't see how someone london/ brum and North east cross paths as we lockdown so we not meant travel far anyway.

monga

VIP Member
We have signs around saying no smoking and they still stand underneath the signs to smoke 😂😂
If they want to puff here they have to leave hospital grounds they offer you a puffer or nicotine patch but the don't stand for smoking around the hospital grounds too many people were complaining about having to walk through a plume of smoke to get in the hospital door 😂

hereforthedrama1

Chatty Member
I think your choice of working regarding Cyprus as a poorer country is a bit off. It has a fairly high income economy. They acted very quickly and went into lockdown straight away with curfews in place and police doing checks. Something we could have done easily here from the very beginning.
But they are poorer than us. Not that they are POOR as a blanket thing

mcfeez

VIP Member
When it gets to under 50s the goal posts will be moved from working down age groups from most vulnerable, to giving priority to people in specific jobs, thus knocking down say a 49 year old person who will have to wait longer than a 21 year old simply because they work in a high risk place like a supermarket.
That makes sense. I work in IT and can do my whole job from home so thats me vaccine-less for a while then haha!

monga

VIP Member
All full time students in NI are to get £500 the executive had millions to get rid of out of the covid fund.

Tots

VIP Member
Whilst I agree with this. Pubs and restaurants were open over the summer and as far as I have seen they didn’t contribute to a huge spread of cases.
At some point things have to change from the mentality of not being able to do anything because of covid to living with covid. Hopefully the vaccines will start to offer enough protection we can all learn to live with it rather than how we are living right now. These lockdowns are not to irradiate covid but protect the NHS so it can cope.
There was a rise in cases after the Eat Out to Help Out scheme