Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GabCat

I've never commented on Tattle before but I just want a little rant. I can't stop crying about how unfair everything is right now and seeing that Cpt Tom had his "family around him" has just spiralled me.

My husband died 3 months ago today from Covid and he wasn't "allowed" family around him. After alot of begging and pleading, our 7 yr old son was allowed to go in...alone...to say goodbye and hold his dads hand one last time.

I wish so badly I barged my way in and fought everyone who tried to stop me. My husband is just a number to everyone now and it all feels so....heartless and like I'm meant to just get on with life like nothings happened because well SO many people have died obviously 🙄🤷‍♀️.

Why is Tom allowed such a privilege and why are the news flaunting that in peoples faces who are already suffering with depression / grief?!

😬 sorry for my little outburst. I'm coping for anyone wondering, I'm a strong person - but this is a huge kick in my lady balls!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Right everyone,
virtual kick up the ass.

things are shit,
Wallowing changes nothing, get up, shake it all off (as weird as that sounds do it 😂 Get off your bum-bum, pretend you’re going to the loo and physically shake it all out, give a scream whilst you flush the toilet and pretend you dropped something if needs be)

you can have 10 min of self pity then it’s put in a box with a lid on it.

we‘ve done a year of this,
a shitty year for sure, but 12 months is done.
in half that time, 6 months max, things will be close to being better, this isn’t forever! we’re on the home stretch.
perfectly acceptable to feel shit, but we will get through this, and until then we have this little uninfected corner of the internet to vent, cry, support, offer hugs, and pull each other out of the shitter and back into the here and now.

worry and giving into sadness gets you nowhere.
Let’s keep looking forward and staying strong.
xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 39

50sGirl

VIP Member
Hi All,
Just logged in quickly to make a post on Masked Singer (don’t judge me!) - it’s the only TV I’ve watched in 2 weeks.
I wanted to say thank you for all your kind words.
@monga I was so touched that you remembered about my avatar.🥰

Things are tough right now. If people knew the consequences of their actions then they would never break the rules. The aftermath is truly horrendous and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

In time I will be back posting on Tattle but not sure if I’ll be able to post on this thread for a while, it is all too raw.

Please stay safe and keep your loved ones safe too.
Take care xx

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Lucyloulucy

Chatty Member
Its alright laughing, but no one would be prepared to out themselves on here would they or you first with your names, addresses and postcodes then?
I assume this is aimed at me. A healthcare worker in her 30’s died as a result of having the vaccine and not one of her colleagues or family members have leaked it to the press? Yeah I don’t believe it and posting this type of unsubstantiated “gossip” is harmful. Literally dozens of us here have had the vaccine, myself included, with no issues other than a sore arm. Anyway, really not a topic I want to engage in further.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

GabCat

Sorry for your loss 💔 you don’t need to apologise for your outburst. It’s so unfair to families like yourself who didn’t get to say goodbye. Your husband isn’t just a number. Sending love to you and your son xxx
Thankyou for being so kind. It means the world.

On a lighter note, something that made me smile in a dark time of my life - whilst my son was holding hubbys hand he told him "daddy you're squeezing my hand too tight and it's going to make me fart!". My husband managed a chuckle at that.

My son is doing well, he's acting extremely brave and he's taking care of ME! I'm very proud and he's keeping me from getting into a rut. X

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Renata

VIP Member
I really didn’t like what that horrible skanky hood rat boy did to Chris whitty.

This man worked shifts in the hospitals - he is a good man.

People are keen to support useless-influencers but not anyone that contributes to society.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Tublet83

VIP Member
I think I’m going to have real anxiety when things open up again it’s going to be taken away again. It’s going to take me a long time to relax, does that make sense?

Reactions: 27

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Cabin fever is well and truly setting in. Woke in a foul mood and haven't been able to shake it off all day. Everyone and everything are getting on my nerves and I just want to scream.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

jazyblu

Chatty Member
Well we are now a shielding household. :(
MIL has been in remission for almost 5 years, last all clear came in October but has now been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Thankfully she was actually seen, diagnosed and will start treatment within a week but given her prognosis the stress of covid, lockdowns and the lack of emotional support from extended friends and family is going to severely impact her over the next few months.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

LittleMy

VIP Member
Why do you think of her every day . Is she a friend? She was grossly overweight so was in a dangerous category Wonder as an influencer she thought the rules didn’t apply to her and that’s what happened
And I’ve been overweight most of my life but started low carb a couple of years ago and am much lighter. I’m 66 so could be vulnerable but I knew I didn’t want to be old and immobile so sorted my weight in time Lots of people dying have no apparent underlying conditions but surely obesity is a condition!!
don’t know why being overweight is now classed as trendy it’s not
That’s a bit harsh. You are allowed to sympathise with the woman whether she is obese or not. She’s still a human being, with a baby she hasn’t met who needs her.

• Heart
  • Sad

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
You can believe that obesity is a public health issue and not be a dick about a young woman being in a coma. No amount of wheelchair pushing can make up for that.

We've lost another colleague to covid. Young, no underlying conditions. I'd been feeling so hopeful and that the worst was behind us. Fuck this virus.

• Sad
  • Heart

Barbie2020

VIP Member
I agree with those who say we are getting to the beginning of the end. I feel so more positive. Things are getting better and I just kind of switch off from the negative “this might happen stories” because I don’t want to think of this happening for much longer and tbh I don’t think it will.

My dad has leukaemia and gets his vaccine on Monday 🎉 chuffed to bits 😊

Reactions: 25

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Why do you think of her every day . Is she a friend? She was grossly overweight so was in a dangerous category Wonder as an influencer she thought the rules didn’t apply to her and that’s what happened
And I’ve been overweight most of my life but started low carb a couple of years ago and am much lighter. I’m 66 so could be vulnerable but I knew I didn’t want to be old and immobile so sorted my weight in time Lots of people dying have no apparent underlying conditions but surely obesity is a condition!!
don’t know why being overweight is now classed as trendy it’s not
Rose at 66 I’m delighted you’ve lost some weight, genuinely.
Now work on your attitude. No need for this, If you can’t see that at 66 years old you have a lot of work to do.

btw she’s not dead, “was” isn’t necessary.

• Heart

Meangirl815

VIP Member
I'm struggling so much at the min. I literally sit around all day every day dipping in and out of news and tattle. Play games here and there. Lose my shit over homeschooling. Prepare 7 meals and 47 snacks a day. Send my kids to bed at normal time, lose my shit when they are still awake 4hrs later because routine what the fuck is one of those?? Sleep badly. Rinse and repeat.

I am not ok

• Sad
  • Heart

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
It's just relentless. I just feel every day I've got loads to do. If I'm not working I'm homeschooling, tidying (it never fucking ends) and I stupidly agreed to do a uni course because I thought my kids would be at school and I could do it when they are there. So my weekends are me trying to cram everything in. I can't go anywhere to get away, the weather is shit and even my dog doesn't want to go out anymore for muddy walks 😆 I am starting to argue loads with my husband, which isn't like us. I feel like I'm spinning a million plates and dropping them all. I've started watching TV until early hours of the morning just so I can be on my own for a bit.

Here's to us all surviving this bastard shit.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
At this point I feel like the EU needs to be put on a 72 hour involuntary hold and assessed.

this is bat shit level breakdown. I don’t know her, I don’t want to know her until she’s medicated, not just vaccine wise

• Haha
Reactions: 24