Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
Other countries alongside UK such as India, Mexico and Argentina have approved the use of the Oxford AstraZeneca in all ages groups.

The Oxford-AZ developers say that results from a trial of 2,000 adults over 55 in the UK will soon be available, and another trial in the US in older age groups is close to providing data too.

Perhaps when the data of the above trials become available and are promising - EU countries may approve for the use in over 65’s.
Maybe ? you'd think they'd approve it already saying as it's not as hard work as Pfizer.

monga

VIP Member
I am Russian, so I know it all 😂 But the facts stand, even if they are only reporting half of their cases and deaths, Russia is pretty much back to normal.
But have they detected any of the new strains yet ? they could just be coming to the end of the previous variant like most of Europe were until the new strains took hold .

Last edited:

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

What I linked about the other day is being reported again, so I take that as it's happening. We should soon at least outside as the weather starts getting warmer, be able to meet up inside a bigger group outside.

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

The best part is table service could be scrapped. I know it means we can relax more but part of the pub experience for me is standing at a bar and chatting to whoever is serving. It just wasn't the same with table service even though you're waited on.

monga

VIP Member
They say it has already mutated thousands of time and there are only a certain amount of variety left to get through, just coz they haven’t got a names doesn’t mean they have come and gone already. The good thing is the vaccine does protect the new variants just a little less.
Im glad vaccination is quick in uk , I think we should help Ireland first then commonwealth countries.
It's seems it's got better at mutating since the vaccines were introduced I see the American one has mutated aswell ,people are even getting two strains at the one time it doesn't look as thought it's on it's way out anytime soon we could be going around in circles for years .Hancocks to give a statement this afternoon let's see what he has to say .

malolo

VIP Member
Sometimes I wonder if the technology is the problem. We know too much ,and the information is there for normal people to worry about . I think sometimes ignorance is bliss.
I meant scientific technology in order to analyse and develop vaccines more quickly etc. I agree that technology in the form of social and 24 hour media is a hindrance, and it gives voices to antagonists.

monga

VIP Member
I could be wrong but I’m sure you can’t mix vaccines once the first one is given

i think it depends on each trust policy
Our hospital is allowing all patients on end of life care one visitor and it has to be the same one for all visiting
Even with covid ?

idk2

VIP Member
How long ago did you do your gcses? I did an Nvq through my job when I was 27 and I had to do key skills as part of it . When I went to do my key skills exam , there were people there who had no gcses ,some had failed and some had never taken them . We all had to do the same key skills exams. I achieved mostly a and b grades in my gcses ( which I thought was rather good) so I questioned why I needed key skills . I was told it was because I did gcses over 10 years ago. ( I also had done a levels , but didn't get high grades).

I have never been asked for proof of my grades when applying for jobs,although it may depend on the job.
I did them at 16, I'm 24 now so 8/9 years ago. I definitely see your point and I agree that academic success (esp so young) does not correlate with ones ability to do certain jobs but they are still asked for many a time, alongside experience now. Like the poster above said, many people do lie about them (I know several people who have) as you're very rarely asked for proof of them. I was only asked once and that's because I'm a teacher so I would've been worried if they didn't need it!

Skills test wise, I've had to do one before as well. My first week of my masters, we were told to complete one to see where "everyone was at!" and they said the same thing - bc we had done our GCSE's a while ago, they wanted to see what knowledge was maintained, what needed to be worked on etc.

monga

VIP Member
I know a few other hospitals are doing it too , think the basis is that u can get false positive for months after the initial positive and that it’s rare to get second time

I’m just following the rules 😂😂
Not blaming you 😂 but it makes for a lot of covid cases in a hospital setting.

fireflies

VIP Member
I think they said GU21 in Surrey as one which I believe is Woking? I don’t think their rates are very high at the moment. Certainly below national average.
Thats hopefully postive sign its fairly isolated case and they know identify of 11 and they fully quarantined.
My worry i guess was when they tested they may have been infectious pre postive result. Aso may been week or 2 they informed they had south African varient .