Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

prinnygrace

VIP Member
With regards to captain Tom sadly I assume family might be there as he didn't have long left.
I do hope he recovers bit whats worrying is his age that he seems caught covid ontop on pneumonia.
I know he's not in icu or ventilator but that could be more down to his age and his wishes.
His family probably is there because he doesn’t have long left but the issue is that hundreds of thousands of families haven’t had that privilege? They’ve had to say bye on FaceTime after being unable to visit hospitals. It’s disgusting that that family has had such preferential treatment when so many would have done absolutely anything to be able to say a final goodbye.

Reactions: 20

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
His family probably is there because he doesn’t have long left but the issue is that hundreds of thousands of families haven’t had that privilege? They’ve had to say bye on FaceTime after being unable to visit hospitals. It’s disgusting that that family has had such preferential treatment when so many would have done absolutely anything to be able to say a final goodbye.
👏🏻 I get he did a wonderful thing for the NHS but the NHS is for everyone and everyone should be treated the same. His family didn’t care about him when they dragged him to Barbados for their own gains.

If family isn’t allowed in, no ones family should be allowed in regardless of who you are.

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

Reasons to be positive.......

1) Ten million people have no had their first vaccine.

2) Infections down 25% in a week.

3) Deaths down 13% in a week.

4) People admitted to hospital down 22% in a week.

• Heart

calmyourritas

VIP Member
The curriculum needs a complete overhaul anyway. I don’t know much about secondary education but primary age children are expected to know far too much too young. Stuff taught in year 2 used to be year 4/5 content!

edited for a typo 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 19

hereforthedrama1

Chatty Member
There's no such thing as a Covid secure pub. We can have all the measures, Perspex, mask, QR code you like, but the issue is people doing it. Again, it's not just a case of people being bored, it's a case of what's more important? A pint or a life? I know it sounds extreme but that's what it really is. Do you really believe someone would stay away from the pub if they were ill. Because I know from the pub I live in, that they wouldn't. And it would be lovely if everyone followed the rules, if everyone appreciated the effort we put in to make things 'safe' but they don't. You can go in with the best intentions, but what happens 5 pints in? You start hugging your pals and end up (near enough) sat on their knees while the people behind the bar wonder why they bothered at all and silently cry into the glass washer. (maybe the last part is just me) So maybe save the pubs for when we can all go for a drink without the restrictions, hug our friends and see our families. The government can well afford to continue to support the hospitality industry, and I'm sorry but if you're one of those who believes that the 5th richest country in the world is 'running out of money' then you are very naïve. Most of this money is ours anyway. Why do people only pretend to care when it's going to the average everyday individual but not when its billions and billions being shat up the wall by good old BoJo and his cronies for things that never materialise? And lets not forget all that out of date PPE that was ordered. The Morning Advertiser (industry magazine) shows that 75% of pub owners would rather wait for all restrictions to lift than have to open under the stupid tier system

Last edited:

SarahGard83

VIP Member
This afternoon my husband took me for a short drive to my mum and dads house. I put some flowers on the doorstep for my mum and a bar of my dads favourite chocolate. They didn't know we were coming and although we obviously couldn't go inside and didn't stay long as was too cold to chat outside it was exactly what we all needed. Was heartbreaking leaving without a hug but just seeing their faces has really cheered me up.

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
I’m wondering if other people are writing their personal wish list of things to do post lockdown?

I mean aside from the chores ?

I’m not allowing myself that privilege yet :)
In lockdown 1 whenever I thought I wish I could do something I wrote it on a slip of paper and put it in a jar.

Some were small things like lunch with my mum or coffee with a friend and there were bigger things like visiting attractions etc

But my plan is when we have a free weekend and don't know what to do to pull something out of the jar at random and do that.

I thought it would make me realise I longed for the small things once, when they inevitably become mundane again

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
The drop in cases is good but I do not see how the ‘death count’ can be celebrated. It is an absolutely heartbreaking number of people.
As if I am celebrating peoples deaths by saying it is good numbers have dropped 🙄 ridiculous.

I’m celebrating that less people are dying than were last week and that less people are infected.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member

I would like to see them try. The riots recently seen in the likes of Holland will be nothing compared to what they would be like here. People have to accept they might still catch it.
It gets to a point where it just isn’t fair. I honestly don’t think it makes sense to keep restrictions in order to prevent a very very small mintoriy getting sick. I also don’t think a health service that relies on people never being within 2 metres of each other to function is fit for purpose. Call me heartless, that’s how I feel. We have all given up our lives, this should not go on for any longer than absolutely necessary.

Reactions: 18

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Piers was very complimentary about Captain Tom and his family.

I didn’t realise he was suffering with pneumonia for “a long time”, which prevented him from getting the vax. I’m confused why anyone thought it was a good idea to take a man with respiratory problems on a long haul flight in the middle of a pandemic. I wish him well.

Meangirl815

VIP Member
I'm feeling quietly positive that we are at the beginning of the end.

I have to think like this tbf my negative attitude was driving me crazy. Pretty sure when you get to that point things are bad 🙄🙄

• Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
Sorry, but I just don’t see us being free of masks by this summer and visiting other households by next month. I think people are being far too optimistic with that. That’s just my opinion. I’d love nothing more than to be wrong about it.

tyrellsg

Wish Captain Tom all the best and he recovers from covid but its a bit of a poor show that his family are allowed to be in hospital with him (source sky news) when the rest of us aren't allowed such privileges, does this mean his family are also positive cases of ? Extremely unfair to people who have not been able to be with their loved ones when they pass away, for the person who has to die alone, to women who have had to birth alone.

• Wow

July9696

Chatty Member
Wow so pleased to see numbers down on last week! Deaths are still horrifyingly high right now though.

The EU is peeing me off. They’re really coming across as babies throwing their toys out the pram. Now that the AZ contract has been released and it wasn’t “crystal clear” that the EU position was right (an EU official said that, I think Ursula) so arguably embarrassing the EU (perhaps they expected public opinion to fall on their side) they’ve escalated the situation.

I’m a massive remainer lol but even I have to admit the EU fucked it. I just hope our gov doesn’t do anything rash now!

Reactions: 17

Lovegin

VIP Member
No I agree and am happy about it but I know it’s a touchy subject, and I have seen a few posts about the UK not ‘patting themselves on the back’ about the vaccine rollout so just wanted to clarify I wasn’t gloating by posting it, as I know we are not all in the UK x
God forbid anyone in the uk be happy that the vaccine schedule seems to be working,

why is it anybody anywhere else in the world can be proud of their country?? America and France etc but if you’re proud of the uk you must a right wing nationalist

JLXRD

VIP Member
Wow today there have been over 600k doses administered! Breaking the 490k record by quite a bit. Hopefully they can keep this up.

Last edited:

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
Just had a message from an old friend asking if I’d like to come over and see her on Saturday night as she is travelling from Bristol where she lives, to us (near Liverpool) to visit another friend and ‘would love to see you’. Obviously she’s travelling straight here and staying at her friends house the whole weekend so it’s totally fine. 🤯

I politely decline, then turn on the news to see that this new strain is in both Bristol and Liverpool.

I can totally see how 🤣🙄 She works for the NHS too. A management home based role I think, in the current climate, but even so. Really??!

• Wow

Lucyloulucy

Chatty Member
Ok I’m 66 so can have as much attitude as I like please read my most recent post. Not ashamed if who I am and FYI I’ve spent the last 8 weeks volunteering at the local hospital helping with the vaccinations ( sanitising hands and pushing wheelchairs ) so I can’t be that bad

I read she was 19 and that’s my last opinion on this matter
You should be ashamed. Teenagers do not have babies for Instagram and I think you're significantly out of touch with the younger generation. The woman is 30 years old, in a loving relationship and has been in a coma for 4 weeks after giving birth. Your lack of empathy here is something I feel you should reflect on as you don’t appear to have learned much kindness in your 66 years.

• Heart