Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #81

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
do asymptomatic people spread it that much though? that is what the vaccines might be doing to those that occasionally test positive after injection. infected but not ill I mean

The scientists can tweak the current vaccines to deal with mutations and new variants as that is the nature of the virus - to evolve and mutate. We have amazing scientists around the world who have worked so hard to develop vaccines in the past year and learn so much about this virus, I like to believe we will be okay.
I’m not sure we’ll see that for a long time it’s developed superpowers now apparently https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...could-help-virus-evade-immune-system-12206375

Will we ever get on top of this bleeping thing
They say it has already mutated thousands of time and there are only a certain amount of variety left to get through, just coz they haven’t got a names doesn’t mean they have come and gone already. The good thing is the vaccine does protect the new variants just a little less.
Im glad vaccination is quick in uk , I think we should help Ireland first then commonwealth countries.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I had believed everything would be much much closer to normal by summer but Matt Hancock banging on about a "Great British Summer" just starts to make it less likely. It was only mere weeks ago he was saying everything would be normal by Easter 😂 like, just stop making predictions! Every time they make a prediction I just think "well thats not happening now".

Reactions: 10
Hope....
but wait there’s more.
Positivity....
But wait there’s more 😒

so I’m up for accepting we’ll all be in lockdown forever more and eventually the Olympics will turn into The Hunger Games - the prize, 1 million vaccines for the country you represent.

really glad to see the ROI had vaccinated over 400 thousand people yesterday 😌 well.... according to the EU who apparently think “less that 100 thousand” can be rounded up to 400 plus 😂

I feel like the EU are having a breakdown since the U.K. dumped it and took its ring/christmas present/the good cheese grater from the kitchen back.
it’s at *crying whilst wearing 7 day old pj’s* territory now 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 12
They say it has already mutated thousands of time and there are only a certain amount of variety left to get through, just coz they haven’t got a names doesn’t mean they have come and gone already. The good thing is the vaccine does protect the new variants just a little less.
Im glad vaccination is quick in uk , I think we should help Ireland first then commonwealth countries.
It's seems it's got better at mutating since the vaccines were introduced I see the American one has mutated aswell ,people are even getting two strains at the one time it doesn't look as thought it's on it's way out anytime soon we could be going around in circles for years .Hancocks to give a statement this afternoon let's see what he has to say .

SAGE warned the government about these variants weeks ago yet we still have our borders open. It does not take a scientist nor a politician to come to the conclusion that the borders should have been closed a long time ago. It is common sense.

Reactions: 9
SAGE warned the government about these variants weeks ago yet we still have our borders open. It does not take a scientist nor a politician to come to the conclusion that the borders should have been closed a long time ago. It is common sense.
I think this pandemic has taught us we need to be more self sufficient in future so we can be totally locked down without starving

Reactions: 6
SAGE also said they should have being taken a zero covid approach during the first lockdown and opened up when cases were still too high ,this is the aftermath.

Reactions: 5
SAGE also said they should have being taking a zero covid approach during the first lockdown and opened up when cases were still too high ,this is the aftermath.
They have said a lot and have been ignored. Why do they exist if their advice is constantly ignored 😤

Reactions: 7
Exactly ! why are they paying these people when they take nothing they say on board .
Because they are purists. They’ve said before they would lockdown every winter if they could do to prevent flu, which seems ridiculous.

I had believed everything would be much much closer to normal by summer but Matt Hancock banging on about a "Great British Summer" just starts to make it less likely. It was only mere weeks ago he was saying everything would be normal by Easter 😂 like, just stop making predictions! Every time they make a prediction I just think "well thats not happening now".
Covid is here to stay for many years to come. But thanks to vaccines if we do catch it you aren't likely to need a hospital although some will and if you die you will be in a tiny fraction. The great British summer will happen. We had a decent enough summer last year with few restrictions. This summer the whole adult population should have been vaccinated so I don't see why people expect the worst.

• Heart
I try to be positive and look forward to the summer but it's tainted by the idea of us being locked down again in winter.

I've been getting bad headaches the last week and I think it's due to stress. WFH, home school and shielding is too much for me. Its just me and my child at home so I don't have any support that way and the guy I was dating dumped me so now I have no support bubble either 😔

Sometimes I wonder what is the point in living if this is the way the world is going to be. I dont see a way out 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Sometimes I wonder what is the point in living if this is the way the world is going to be. I dont see a way out 😔
This isn't the way the world is going to be. We've come through numerous pandemics in the past with much less ability and technology to understand and deal what it.

• Heart
This isn't the way the world is going to be. We've come through numerous pandemics in the past with much less ability and technology to understand and deal what it.
All the other pandemics seemed to have a span of 18 - 24 months, there’s no way this will be over by next March. Well, it doesn’t feel like it anyway. I felt from the start I could cope with 18 months but they’re talking about restrictions up to 2023-2024, I am really struggling with that. Like a lot now 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.