Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #81

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the other pandemics seemed to have a span of 18 - 24 months, there’s no way this will be over by next March. Well, it doesn’t feel like it anyway. I felt from the start I could cope with 18 months but they’re talking about restrictions up to 2023-2024, I am really struggling with that. Like a lot now 😔
Who is they though? The media?

I trust what Whitty, JVT, and Vallance have said, if not the politicians. If the vaccine is successful we should be fairly normal soon and may have to have minor restrictions in winter. I have never seen them say anything about several more years.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
All the other pandemics seemed to have a span of 18 - 24 months, there’s no way this will be over by next March. Well, it doesn’t feel like it anyway. I felt from the start I could cope with 18 months but they’re talking about restrictions up to 2023-2024, I am really struggling with that. Like a lot now 😔
Why? Next march will have been 27 months since the virus was identified.

I haven't see anything remotely credible suggesting restrictions in 2024. Considering the typical span of pandemics it seems incredibly unlikely things wouldn't be almost totally normal at the end of next winter in March 22.
Everything I have seen from credible sources suggests possible restrictions over the next winter, but generally much lighter and not like the restrictions of this current winter. That is probably only things like face masks, increased hand-washing, probably still work from home for a large amount of office workers.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Restrictions doesn't equal lockdown though.

You don't know what's going to happen once more people are vaccinated. You don't know what's going to happen as the virus continues to mutate (as they naturally do - and mutation doesn't automatically equal a bad thing).

I understand things are difficult and everyone is struggling in their own ways, but thinking that this is never ending and that this is 'life' now isn't rational and doesn't follow with what we know. We weren't living like this last summer, we knew it was going to get worse again before it got better, but now we have vaccines which can be tweaked, we have a better understanding of treatments.

There's a lot to feel positive about but it's obviously more difficult when we're fed so much negativity. You just need to look at this thread and the peaks and troughs it goes through, one minute everyone is upbeat and laughing and joking because there's some good news but it's quickly quashed by some negative news and everyone is back to struggling.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Who is they though? The media?

I trust what Whitty, JVT, and Vallance have said, if not the politicians. If the vaccine is successful we should be fairly normal soon and may have to have minor restrictions in winter. I have never seen them say anything about several more years.
Why? Next march will have been 27 months since the virus was identified.

I haven't see anything remotely credible suggesting restrictions in 2024. Considering the typical span of pandemics it seems incredibly unlikely things wouldn't be almost totally normal at the end of next winter in March 22.
Everything I have seen from credible sources suggests possible restrictions over the next winter, but generally much lighter and not like the restrictions of this current winter. That is probably only things like face masks, increased hand-washing, probably still work from home for a large amount of office workers.
Yep the media. I don’t know what to believe anymore. Sorry I’m not trying to bring the thread down I’m just at my lowest point with it all I think, I think I’m starting to feel very depressed, my anxiety is through the roof, struggling to get out of bed, the talk of the new variants is making me fear that this is never going to end 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Hopefully the reports of every adult being offered a vaccine by the end of May happens. Even if it doesn't the second half of the year should feel pretty normal. My totally not medical opinion would be a couple of months from Easter where we go back to tiers but being allowed to meet others in rule of six in hospitality venues. Then by late summer July/August there should be no more rules. Certain things should be kept full time like hand sanitizer being available when you go in a shop, wear a mask out of common decency if you feel under the weather even though it won't be mandatory at that point and scan a QR code wherever you see one to be tracked for the odd cases that will still be around even when everyone is protected.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
A little light at the end of a very long tunnel. Just rec’d an email from my hairdresser re being put on their waiting list etc for when they open up again.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It's good to see Hancock saying that about the vaccination s. It's been an immense effort and to think this has all happened within a year is pretty humbling. The emotions and effort behind the vaccination programme are all so hopeful and make me teary

Reactions: 11
Yep the media. I don’t know what to believe anymore. Sorry I’m not trying to bring the thread down I’m just at my lowest point with it all I think, I think I’m starting to feel very depressed, my anxiety is through the roof, struggling to get out of bed, the talk of the new variants is making me fear that this is never going to end 😔
I think for most people this really is the worst bit. The reality is we are probably half way through, which is uplifting and depressing at the same time. Before now we were viewing things in much shorter chunks - 3 week reviews back in April/ May, things opening up for summer, talk of 2 week circuit breakers making a difference, lockdown in Nov for only 1 month. Now we realise how much longer there is to go, and although the majority of that won't be lockdown it will still be restrictions and it is hard to see past that.
We will probably have harsh lockdown restrictions until April/May and then the summer will be similar to last summer. It won't be pre pandemic but in comparison to now the lighter restrictions will be much easier to deal with and we will have a lot more freedom. Many countries will have made huge progress with their vaccination programs so I don't see next winter being anywhere near as bad as this.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Honestly just stop reading the media, they are scum scaremongering for a headline. Just switch it off, its all speculation xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I know what you mean, it’s hard. I was where you are a couple of weeks ago, to be honest the best thing was to avoid this thread, the tabloids and only check daily figures. Now I’m back to checking the thread but still no news other than BBC and daily figures, I also put people on ‘ignore’ on here if I find their posts are making me feel down. It’s really helped me as I can choose if I am up to reading those kinds of posts.

If you can try to just focus on each day a time that has helped me a lot too, trying not to look ahead. At least not until the 22nd when we get some sort of plan.

Hope you feel a bit better soon Gem as I know you are normally a bit more optimistic and you are always very supportive to others here 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I hate that people feel the need to apologise for struggling when it's perfectly understandable since none of us have dealt with anything like this before.

For the most part I think everyone here is understanding and if you're struggling you can hopefully come on here and express that and get some replies that settle your apprehensions a little bit, or even take your mind of it completely for a while and give you some laughs.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I know what you mean, it’s hard. I was where you are a couple of weeks ago, to be honest the best thing was to avoid this thread, the tabloids and only check daily figures. Now I’m back to checking the thread but still no news other than BBC and daily figures, I also put people on ‘ignore’ on here if I find their posts are making me feel down. It’s really helped me as I can choose if I am up to reading those kinds of posts.

If you can try to just focus on each day a time that has helped me a lot too, trying not to look ahead. At least not until the 22nd when we get some sort of plan.

Hope you feel a bit better soon Gem as I know you are normally a bit more optimistic and you are always very supportive to others here 💖
Thank you, just really hit a wall, not quite sure what’s happened as I have gone from being fairly optimistic to just feeling like there’s no point anymore. I do need to give myself a little shake, it’s so easy to get caught up in the media waves. I do need to stop looking you’re right. All your comments have helped a bit, I find this thread generally helps me more than anything so will stay here but will try to avoid the news for a little while. Sorry if I bought anyone down it wasn’t intentional I just needed a little vent, going to go and have some chocolate and maybe a nap later on! X

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I knew they were hiding something.
As usual we being drip fed info
Doing some digging within scientific community it appears they worried about varient e484 k present in south Africa and Brazilian varients.
Ours is b117 Kent varient.
I fear they think these 2 varients have spread and merged.
Although no further details about 11 concerning cases in my city and no mass testing planned.

The only things I can say is postive

Is they recognised it and trying to do something.
If the south African or E484k is more transmissible surely fact case numbers and new hospital admissions come down means its not that wide spread and whilst its been spreading that we have been in lockdown and they shut some borders.

But they scare us new varient whilst arguing schools must open now.
No logic there and I bet no extra safety measures or social distancing so I worry after lockdown it go up again

Reactions: 6
I hate that people feel the need to apologise for struggling when it's perfectly understandable since none of us have dealt with anything like this before.

For the most part I think everyone here is understanding and if you're struggling you can hopefully come on here and express that and get some replies that settle your apprehensions a little bit, or even take your mind of it completely for a while and give you some laughs.
Thank you maybe I’m being a bit sensitive today I didn’t get much sleep last night so it’s not taking much to set me off. Peoples comments have helped, I’ll be ok. Deep breaths, one day at a time 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank you, just really hit a wall, not quite sure what’s happened as I have gone from being fairly optimistic to just feeling like there’s no point anymore. I do need to give myself a little shake, it’s so easy to get caught up in the media waves. I do need to stop looking you’re right. All your comments have helped a bit, I find this thread generally helps me more than anything so will stay here but will try to avoid the news for a little while. Sorry if I bought anyone down it wasn’t intentional I just needed a little vent, going to go and have some chocolate and maybe a nap later on! X
Been there myself, it’s very much a rollercoaster of emotions. Chocolate sounds like a great idea 🥰 xxx

Reactions: 10
Strange now Sweden aren’t offering AZ vaccine to 65+ the same as Germany. Worrying the response this will invoke from over 65s in other places who have had it?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.