Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #81

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i for sure know I answered this for you before šŸ˜‚ probably back about 12 threads though
I think you answer some of it but home schooling the kids has fried my brain cant remember.

In other news it nearly feb I brought 1st easter chocolate today Cadbury caramel egg.
Feels like only yesterday we were discussing Easter 2020 on earlier threads.

I found a cracker of a interveiw today sky news that made me laugh
Matt Hancock inspired by Hollywood move contagion.
He wasn't totally useless for once..
Wonder who would play him if they did a movie.

Whoā€™d want to live like that
Yes let's turn attention back to chyna! The Chinese virus.
As fed up hearing about Britain being plague island, British virus and Kent varient.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
he actually did really well, Marr is an embarrassment and needs to go, for once I thought mehole did a brilliant job in a sticky position.

ā€œcalm downā€ reminded me of the greatest clip of all time. I will NEVER NOT LOVE THIS!!
Edit; this is not a skit, this is a genuine scene from our PMQā€™s šŸ¤
A right oul Cork versus Kerry barney there šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Drop in cases and deaths on last week again (only small in deaths but a drop is a drop!) šŸ˜Š

5D7A5DFC-0651-41CD-A845-004D904F3F7D.png

Reactions: 22
Can some

Can someone explain Irish politics for me

Why is he Me hole is that Micheal in gailic or an affectionate nickname.

What hes not called pri minister and called taosich?

I get confused between him and leo do they take it in turns?
Are they different political parties in coalition like Arlene and Michelle.
Do Ireland want to see it united or they no longer bothered ni is within UK?
Taoiseach is an Irish language word, it doesn't directly translate as Prime Minister but that's what he is, in effect.
MicheĆ”l is the Irish language version of Michael, and it's pronounced Mee-hawl, so people call him Mee-hole as a joke šŸ˜„
We had a general election last February and MicheƔl and Leo's Parties are in a Coalition now, which is how come Leo is still in the Cabinet.

Reactions: 5
I have just seen another rundown of the year on sky news.

what I donā€™t get is how efficient we were at quarantining the first few cases (off the plane from Wuhan - straight to a quarantine facility in Newcastle) YET

we have let do many infected people into the country regardless.

itā€™s clear we can impose quarantine if we want to.

I really hope lessons are learnt from
This but I doubt it

Reactions: 4
Taoiseach is an Irish language word, it doesn't directly translate as Prime Minister but that's he what he is, in effect.
MicheĆ”l is the Irish language version of Michael, and it's pronounced Mee-hawl, so people call him Mee-hole as a joke šŸ˜„
We had a general election last February and MicheƔl and Leo's Parties are in a Coalition now, which is how come Leo is still in the Cabinet.
Where does the real life leprechaun that is Michael D. Higgins fit in ? is he worth the quarter of a million euro pay packet
E21DD005-9F4A-4EEE-9EA5-36A0F67BF964.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
This afternoon my husband took me for a short drive to my mum and dads house. I put some flowers on the doorstep for my mum and a bar of my dads favourite chocolate. They didn't know we were coming and although we obviously couldn't go inside and didn't stay long as was too cold to chat outside it was exactly what we all needed. Was heartbreaking leaving without a hug but just seeing their faces has really cheered me up.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have just seen another rundown of the year on sky news.

what I donā€™t get is how efficient we were at quarantining the first few cases (off the plane from Wuhan - straight to a quarantine facility in Newcastle) YET

we have let do many infected people into the country regardless.

itā€™s clear we can impose quarantine if we want to.

I really hope lessons are learnt from
This but I doubt it
there was a delay of about 48 hours from getting off the plane to getting to Newcastle and being quarantined
They had come into a few of the general public by that point

• Wow
Record number of daily vaccines for the UK. Not blowing the UK trumpet, just posting what the BBC said, before any one gets all angry at me about it šŸ¤£
8D201636-AFC0-42A7-8C26-A7CC1ABCFEBD.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Record number of daily vaccines for the UK. Not blowing the UK trumpet, just posting what the BBC said, before any one gets all angry at me about it šŸ¤£
View attachment 412089
I think celebrating when things finally go well is perfectly fine myself šŸ˜‚ It actually looks like weā€™re going to hit the target by mid Feb! Canā€™t see why anyone would be mad about that

• Heart
Reactions: 16
No I agree and am happy about it but I know itā€™s a touchy subject, and I have seen a few posts about the UK not ā€˜patting themselves on the backā€™ about the vaccine rollout so just wanted to clarify I wasnā€™t gloating by posting it, as I know we are not all in the UK x
God forbid anyone in the uk be happy that the vaccine schedule seems to be working,

why is it anybody anywhere else in the world can be proud of their country?? America and France etc but if youā€™re proud of the uk you must a right wing nationalist

Reactions: 17
Taoiseach is an Irish language word, it doesn't directly translate as Prime Minister but that's what he is, in effect.
Is his surname just Martin pronounced as the same as with an English accent? I always read it with a French accent, I call him Me- hole MarTan

View attachment 412089
Its fuckin awful that as soon as I see this, I think to myself ā€œnah thatā€™s going too well. Something has to go wrong soonā€ šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 7
God forbid anyone in the uk be happy that the vaccine schedule seems to be working,

why is it anybody anywhere else in the world can be proud of their country?? America and France etc but if youā€™re proud of the uk you must a right wing nationalist
I'm not sure it's the "being proud" it's the endless ways they have to remind people ...did you know England won the 1966 World Cup :rolleyes: šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
There's no such thing as a Covid secure pub. We can have all the measures, Perspex, mask, QR code you like, but the issue is people doing it. Again, it's not just a case of people being bored, it's a case of what's more important? A pint or a life? I know it sounds extreme but that's what it really is. Do you really believe someone would stay away from the pub if they were ill. Because I know from the pub I live in, that they wouldn't. And it would be lovely if everyone followed the rules, if everyone appreciated the effort we put in to make things 'safe' but they don't. You can go in with the best intentions, but what happens 5 pints in? You start hugging your pals and end up (near enough) sat on their knees while the people behind the bar wonder why they bothered at all and silently cry into the glass washer. (maybe the last part is just me) So maybe save the pubs for when we can all go for a drink without the restrictions, hug our friends and see our families. The government can well afford to continue to support the hospitality industry, and I'm sorry but if you're one of those who believes that the 5th richest country in the world is 'running out of money' then you are very naĆÆve. Most of this money is ours anyway. Why do people only pretend to care when it's going to the average everyday individual but not when its billions and billions being shat up the wall by good old BoJo and his cronies for things that never materialise? And lets not forget all that out of date PPE that was ordered. The Morning Advertiser (industry magazine) shows that 75% of pub owners would rather wait for all restrictions to lift than have to open under the stupid tier system

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.