Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #81

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Hear hear. Get the pubs open and let households mix and not have to order a substantial meal. It would do the nation the world of good if we can see friends and family again in a covid secure pub.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Hear hear. Get the pubs open and let households mix and not have to order a substantial meal. It would do the nation the world of good if we can see friends and family again in a covid secure pub.
A covid secure pub 🥴 surely a street party would be better 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
A covid secure pub 🥴 surely a street party would be better 😂
Wait at the entrance in your mask, scan the QR, be taken to a table by a member of staff for table service and put the mask on whenever you leave your table. If it's nice weather you won't need the mask apart from going to the toilet as you'll be in the beer garden. It's one of the safest places to visit and our hospitality have suffered enough after wasting thousands on making their venues safe, only to be shut down this wasted the cash.

Reactions: 13

Since they reopened in July, pubs and restaurants seemed to be very Covid secure (or at least the ones I went to did). I felt more unsafe going grocery shopping.

Reactions: 21
Wait at the entrance in your mask, scan the QR, be taken to a table by a member of staff for table service and put the mask on whenever you leave your table. If it's nice weather you won't need the mask apart from going to the toilet as you'll be in the beer garden. It's one of the safest places to visit and our hospitality have suffered enough after wasting thousands on making their venues safe, only to be shut down this wasted the cash.
That sounds like a terrible night out I’d rather be enjoying myself

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The thing is until the vaccine is distributed globally we will be living with this virus (unless the borders are closed) ...

it will take a long time before the fear of another lockdown will come about
We might be living with it but if the UK has been jabbed we can surely open up and be okay... It'll mean that we can't really travel abroad as we could transmit the virus to others...?.

Edit to say that the sky article that somebody posted previously answered my question... In areas of the world that aren't jabbed means that the virus will likely continue to mutate and some of the mutations may get past out vaccinations...

I'm not a Tory - far from - and I'm a remainer but I am SO glad that our govt took a punt on a variety of jabs that have come to fruition. The EU acted way too slowly and have thrown their dummy out. I feel for the members of the EU countries who will lose out.

I say jab everyone in the UK and then pass on our jabs to this that need them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9

They better hope the vaccine does it's job because the gov have zero chance of the country agreeing to social distancing the rest of this year.
If you read my earlier post there will be restrictions until the world is on an even keel hoarding vaccines will do no one any favours ...greed will be our downfall.

If you read my earlier post there will be restrictions until the world is on an even keel hoarding vaccines will do no one any favours ...greed will be our downfall.
I get restrictions on a lot of things such as travelling abroad and having quarantine and border control. What people wouldn't accept is after being told the only way out is vaccines, the country gets vaccinated and we are still told to keep away from people.

I get restrictions on a lot of things such as travelling abroad and having quarantine and border control. What people wouldn't accept is after being told the only way out is vaccines, the country gets vaccinated and we are still told to keep away from people.
But they've said that from day one the only way out is if the world is vaccinated and countries take it on themselves to control it .I think that's why Hancock is offering the genome testing on a world scale for countries that can't sequence the variants ,they need everyone on board it will be a worldwide effort ,one country will make no difference to bringing back normality as we knew it .

Reactions: 1
But they've said that from day one the only way out is if the world is vaccinated and countries take it on themselves to control it .I think that's why Hancock is offering the genome testing on a world scale for countries that can't sequence the variants ,they need everyone on board it will be a worldwide effort ,one country will make no difference to bringing back normality as we knew it .
I get the world won't be back to normal for a few years. I am saying when deaths, infections and hospital admissions get low because tens of millions in the UK have had two jabs, if they kept social distancing around and stopped us living properly like for example New Zealand are then that would be unacceptable.

It would be like being with four loved ones from multiple houses, you are all at least a few weeks on from your second jab but you're still expected not to hug those out of the four you don't live with.

If that became a thing it wouldn't be accepted.

I get the world won't be back to normal for a few years. I am saying when deaths, infections and hospital admissions get low because tens of millions in the UK have had two jabs, if they kept social distancing around and stopped us living properly like for example New Zealand are then that would be unacceptable.

It would be like being with four loved ones from multiple houses, you are all at least a few weeks on from your second jab but you're still expected not to hug those out of the four you don't live with.

If that became a thing it wouldn't be accepted.
Well I'm not sure it would be if there's still a chance the virus is present we don't know how long immunity lasts and certainly don't know how long individual immunity will last for there's still bound to be travel of one form or another so it will be pot luck ?

Since they reopened in July, pubs and restaurants seemed to be very Covid secure (or at least the ones I went to did). I felt more unsafe going grocery shopping.
The venues are not the issue, it’s the people who get there and refuse to stick to the rules. Hugging, sitting too close, going back to each other’s homes.

I agree Pub’s can be safe, it’s the public who are the issue.

Reactions: 17
This is a really interesting article:

Focusing on mistakes many are making. One I thought was true was letting teenagers and young adults meet up because they are low risk, but then they still see their parents and potentially then grandparents and there is your spread.

But all that is in the article are things that after nearly a year we are sick of having to do.

Reactions: 2
This is a really interesting article:

Focusing on mistakes many are making. One I thought was true was letting teenagers and young adults meet up because they are low risk, but then they still see their parents and potentially then grandparents and there is your spread.

But all that is in the article are things that after nearly a year we are sick of having to do.
This is very much victim blaming I think. It’s pointing fingers at the plebs. 😢

This is very much victim blaming I think. It’s pointing fingers at the plebs. 😢
I think there is quite a lot of truth in this article.
A lot of people haven’t taken personal responsibility for their actions because they think they are such a small part of it all. We each have a part to play and need to do our bit.

Reactions: 12
Personally I would rather see my own family than go to a pub
Which in the first instance will only happen at a pub. It will be like last time where you cannot go inside another home but can meet them people at a covid secure pub or restaurant.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I think there is quite a lot of truth in this article.
A lot of people haven’t taken personal responsibility for their actions because they think they are such a small part of it all. We each have a part to play and need to do our bit.
We do, but they should have closed borders and kept us safe. They didn’t. Now we are being blamed for going to a supermarket, standing under a bus shelter to get to work and meeting a pal for mental health needs. 🤯

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.