Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone give me their positive stories about receiving the vaccine? I’m 30 years old and having mine done Tuesday... I just worry about long term side effects & I want more children in the future
There is no evidence the vaccine harms fertility but there is also no evidence over the long term it doesn't. We won't know any long term side effects to the vaccine for another decade as the experts aren't mind readers. In the short term it looks safe enough.

Reactions: 3
I can't see school's heading back in March, definitely don't think it will be this side of Easter.
There are too many people taking the piss this time around and hospitals are too far in the tit. Last time it was March/April when the pressure was at it's worst, the end of the nhs winter pressures, this time around we're slap bang in the middle of it.

Home learning this time around is literally like being a 1-1 TA, well with young children who cannot do the work independently. We have a full day, from 8.30-3.15 of teams meetings, my 5 year old has 6 teams meeting, 3 of those are live lesson starters, then he has an alloted amount of time to complete the set taskS and I put a big S because it's never just one thing. ALWAYS multiple things, like us parents are just sat around, twiddling our thumbs. My Year 2 child has 7 teams meetings a day and 4 live lesson starters, both need me to sit with them and keep them on task. I have to sit the night before and go through all their lessons, writing out everything that needs to be done, otherwise we fall so far behind we're still working to catch up at 6pm! It's absolutely draining me of every last bit of mental strength I have. I've had a constant headache since Friday.
Also why is learning just so god damn boring now, why are they spending 12 days on the most boring shitting story ever for English? Don't we want our children to enjoy English at 7, not be bored half to death with it. I just can't muster any enthusiasm for it.
I know why they have to be at home, I don't disagree with it but if this goes on into April then I'm not partaking in it. The school have said they have to be doing this much, their hands are tied. Lovely, brilliant, perfect. Happy bleeping Sunday 🥴
Christ, I think I’d have an actual breakdown with that amount of work! And for such young kids too. Mine get set English and maths every day, depending on what it is it can take over an hour or less than that. And also topic work but we don’t always bother with that. So far so good apart from one ridiculous maths problem which even adults struggled to solve.

My kids school and some other schools in the area are actually fully closed today because of the snow. I was hoping that would mean ‘snow day’ for all but apparently home learning is on as usual. Feel sorry for the key workers who may not be able to go to work today.

I don’t know about anyone else but Im starting to get Sunday dread because of home schooling.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Otherwise encourage structure as much as possible. Discourage her from laying in bed. Get her up, go for a walk every day if you can.
Ditto this. I suffered terrible anxiety as a teenager and bless my parents their answer was sending me to expensive psychotherapy when now I realise I really needed fresh air and being encouraged to get up and go outside. It is definitely easier now the light is here longer.

My son (9) wouldnt leave his room all day given the chance.

Reactions: 1
There is no evidence the vaccine harms fertility but there is also no evidence over the long term it doesn't. We won't know any long term side effects to the vaccine for another decade as the experts aren't mind readers. In the short term it looks safe enough.
But what about long term effects? That’s what I worry about. But I also work with vulnerable people so I know it’s the right thing for me to have it now. I sound blunt but all the elderly people that are having this vaccine will be dead by the time the long term side effects come in

Ditto this. I suffered terrible anxiety as a teenager and bless my parents their answer was sending me to expensive psychotherapy when now I realise I really needed fresh air and being encouraged to get up and go outside. It is definitely easier now the light is here longer.

My son (9) wouldnt leave his room all day given the chance.
can I just point out without making this a massive discussion because I don’t think you meant this is a bad way at all. ❤

some children will and do need more than just fresh air and a walk, and that’s ok xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
People says pubs to open before schools is ridiculous.

You may not have children, but they will be the ones to look after us when we are older.

Would they dare allow Gavin Williamson to do a briefing, he would be ripped to shreds
Pubs need to open as soon as possible. They are a far safer place than a school and pay a heck of a lot of tax that helps the country out.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
But what about long term effects? That’s what I worry about. But I also work with vulnerable people so I know it’s the right thing for me to have it now. I sound blunt but all the elderly people that are having this vaccine will be dead by the time the long term side effects come in
There is no reason to expect a vaccine to have long term effects. As I understand it, vaccines are injected, they do their job to teach the body about the virus and then it's gone. It doesn't hang around in your body forever

Reactions: 15
I just want a day where I don’t think about this. I want to have a normal life again where I can see friends and go for meals and hugged loved ones and not feel on edge constantly. I can’t believe almost a year on we are in the same position

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just ugly cried on my doorstep after my best friend surprised me with a little visit and a bag full of treats. Didn't know she was coming either. She only stayed a few minutes and stood at the gate but it was just the pick me up I needed

• Heart
Reactions: 25
We won't know long term effects until we are a long way in to the future like vaccines usually are before they are available to the mass population. You're right a lot of elderly will be dead before we know long term effects but it's good that age group are taking it.

Reactions: 3
3 weeks into the new term of uni and things are now starting to sink in. Luckily for my course I have quite a few teams meetings with tutors but it almost feels like I’m accomplishing nothing (even though I’m keeping up with the workload and completing to a good quality). I almost feel like I’m just doing this to pass the time rather than being at uni?

I do feel awful though for younger kids stuck at home trying to learn from home, if I was still at secondary school I’d be finding it so much harder than now (considering I’m doing a degree, I don’t have to worry about completing several subjects (a lot I wasn’t interested in at school) at once, 3 modules is much better albeit a hefty workload.)

• Sad
Reactions: 7
No one will ever know until we get to the point in time.

I believe that the body sheds the virus within weeks. So they don’t believe there is any effect but they cannot be 100% sure as the time hasn’t passed.

Pubs need to open as soon as possible. They are a far safer place than a school and pay a heck of a lot of tax that helps the country out.
Hmmm not sure you'd say that if you lived across the road from the pub that I do 🙈

No one will ever know until we get to the point in time.

I believe that the body sheds the virus within weeks. So they don’t believe there is any effect but they cannot be 100% sure as the time hasn’t passed.
Re the virus shedding... Will this cause more people to catch Covid do you think? I don't know much about that but someone mentioned that is what happens with the flu (again I'm no expert and I could be way off... Its just what was mentioned)

controversial but I'm going to agree. Pubs I disagree with in terms of safety but restaurants, gyms and retail could open before schools if they stuck to rigid rules, not like the chaotic eat out to help out, but more meals with your household, only x amount of people in the building at one time etc. Sending the schools back before the vaccination program has had a chance to be successful is reckless and could end up undoing a lot of the work that's been put in. The other option is to vaccinate all school children and everyone that works in a school building. We don't know if that would necessarily stop the spread but everyone would have it milder or no symptoms at all as they'd have antibodies, and we'd probably be able to see if it stops the spread.

Reactions: 11
Hmmm not sure you'd say that if you lived across the road from the pub that I do 🙈

Re the virus shedding... Will this cause more people to catch Covid do you think? I don't know much about that but someone mentioned that is what happens with the flu (again I'm no expert and I could be way off... Its just what was mentioned)
I’m not sure, ultimately the only way people will stop catching it is if it reduces in the community. So as long as those who get the vaccine continue to follow the rules it shouldn’t have an impact. With flu there are no restrictions so I can see why it does. They have emphasised that people must stick to the restrictions regardless if you are vaccinated but I do think people will relax thinking they are immune which is not true.

Reactions: 2
Pubs and restaurants felt safer than most essential and non essential retail. In the restaurants/bars, you were seated and that was it aside from going to the toilets - and with reduced capacities, everywhere I seemed to go had fairly quiet bathrooms (no queuing or anything for the loo). Shops need to have more strict regulations when they open - people do not even attempt follow one way systems and will crowd against others all the time. Lots of shops seemed to get super lax about the numbers being allowed in as well.

Reactions: 10
Please can someone tell me if I’m right please. My childs friend wanted to meet to go on a bike ride but she said to her friend we can’t as the rules are you can’t meet anyone indoors or out. During a call to my mother she told my mother her friend keeps asking her to meet up. My mother thinks covid isn’t a big deal thanks to my covid idiot brother, and she said to my daughter ‘yes you can, you can meet one other person outdoors for walks‘. Well she’s been meeting all 3 of her kids and grandchildren, breaking the rules every day so her encouraging my child doesn’t surprise me. It made me angry she was encouraging my child knowing I’ve health conditions, but again no surprise there. My mother and I don’t really have a relationship.

Surely you cannot meet anyone outdoors?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I’m not sure, ultimately the only way people will stop catching it is if it reduces in the community. So as long as those who get the vaccine continue to follow the rules it shouldn’t have an impact. With flu there are no restrictions so I can see why it does. They have emphasised that people must stick to the restrictions regardless if you are vaccinated but I do think people will relax thinking they are immune which is not true.
Ahh yes I just completely forgot we were in lockdown saying that didn't I! Of course if people aren't going out it should not cause an issue 🙈 but yes as you say it all depends if people continue with what we should be doing or if they feel they can be out and about again

Reactions: 1
Please can someone tell me if I’m right please. My childs friend wanted to meet to go on a bike ride but she said to her friend we can’t as the rules are you can’t meet anyone indoors or out. During a call to my mother she told my mother her friend keeps asking her to meet up. My mother thinks covid isn’t a big deal thanks to my covid idiot brother, and she said to my daughter ‘yes you can, you can meet one other person outdoors for walks‘. Well she’s been meeting all 3 of her kids and grandchildren, breaking the rules every day so her encouraging my child doesn’t surprise me. It made me angry she was encouraging my child knowing I’ve health conditions, but again no surprise there. My mother and I don’t really have a relationship.

Surely you cannot meet anyone outdoors?
You can meet one other person outdoors for exercise. You can’t just go for a catch-up sat on a bench or whatever you have to be exercising :) and I believe the person can change, as long as it’s one at a time

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.