Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tonight has been hard my 9 year old daughter is struggling badly :(. I’ve already spoken to the doctors as she’s been suffering from quite severe anxiety, but this evening she’s just broken down crying like literally sobbing.... She has no motivation to do anything at the moment she says all she wants to do is lay in bed :( I’ve tried everything, I’ve never seen her like this. Home life is hard for her ( like a lot of kids at the moment) her sister who is 5 has behavioural problems (waiting for a diagnosis of autism, but again has been pushed further back due to Covid I’m guessing) she misses her nana and grandad and desperately wants to stay with Them she’s gone from seeing everyday before I was furloughed to not seeing them at all.

just don’t know what to do for the best for her at the moment love her little heart.

she went for a little drive with dad to have a break, some fresh air and got a Couple of sweeties and a magazine to try and cheer her up

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
We felt like we were against the clock this week trying to get out for some fresh air after school work whilst it was still light. And that’s with me only working part time and just the one primary aged child.

My stepson told me that him and his sister had to miss a couple of our last lessons this week just to be able to have time to go outside. I do think a lot of kids are working much harder at home than at school.

Tomorrow we’re going to go out first thing for a walk and then do the schoolwork when we get back. It’s forecast rain the rest of the week so might be our only chance.

Reactions: 9
If this is true I will probably cry manly tears :D It's the first article I have seen mention an actual date for old pre March 2020 normality and you can rely on the Torygraph as they have excellent contacts. I would be delighted if at Easter I could meet at a pub without having a substantial meal in a group of six mates, with old life back for July.

Just to add some light-heartedness:
When pubs reopen:

regarding Poll on holidays. We’ve already booked for this may :rolleyes: highly doubt it will go ahead but it’s the only thing keeping me motivated at the moment.

We booked last June, honestly (naively) thought everything would be ticketyboo by the following year.

I was finding giving myself little goals was keeping me focused and motivated. From summer I was planning for Halloween for the kids- decorations, activities for them etc. Once that was gone was my daughters birthday so planned for that.... then had Xmas so threw everything into prepping for that. Once that was over I was on a complete downer. So holiday is keeping me going

just feels not a lot to look forward to doesn’t it

Reactions: 6
My boyfriend just text me and asked if I think we’ll have any chance of a holiday this year 🥺 don’t think that’ll be happening. Feel like my early 20s are just being taken from me😭 so over it all now :(
I absolutely think that it will. It did last year (I remember your boyf went to Corfu?)

Pros - vaccine, the drugs they've discovered that help (dext.....).

Cons - new varients (but there's apparently hundreds of these)

Reactions: 3
Tonight has been hard my 9 year old daughter is struggling badly :(. I’ve already spoken to the doctors as she’s been suffering from quite severe anxiety, but this evening she’s just broken down crying like literally sobbing.... She has no motivation to do anything at the moment she says all she wants to do is lay in bed :( I’ve tried everything, I’ve never seen her like this. Home life is hard for her ( like a lot of kids at the moment) her sister who is 5 has behavioural problems (waiting for a diagnosis of autism, but again has been pushed further back due to Covid I’m guessing) she misses her nana and grandad and desperately wants to stay with Them she’s gone from seeing everyday before I was furloughed to not seeing them at all.

just don’t know what to do for the best for her at the moment love her little heart.

she went for a little drive with dad to have a break, some fresh air and got a Couple of sweeties and a magazine to try and cheer her up
This is so sad. I don’t feel like I have any helpful suggestions unfortunately but didn’t want to just scroll past.

My 8yo son had some struggles when schools reopened in September and wouldn’t go in a couple of days. One day it all came out that it was because he was scared of catching the virus and bringing it home to us 💔 it’s such a big thing for them to deal with.

Could you maybe speak to her school and say you’ll be relaxing school work for a bit to allow you to get out in the fresh air a bit more and play games together?

Reactions: 8
Tbh I went to Greece in September and you only had to wear it whilst walking inside! It was honestly fine and didn’t bother me at all! I know everyone has different but it really was fine x
I went to France and it was the same. Everyone was taking it way more seriously and the infection rate in the area that we were staying in was WAY lower than where I was in northern England.

This is so sad. I don’t feel like I have any helpful suggestions unfortunately but didn’t want to just scroll past.

My 8yo son had some struggles when schools reopened in September and wouldn’t go in a couple of days. One day it all came out that it was because he was scared of catching the virus and bringing it home to us 💔 it’s such a big thing for them to deal with.

Could you maybe speak to her school and say you’ll be relaxing school work for a bit to allow you to get out in the fresh air a bit more and play games together?
Oh bless his heart, it’s so hard for them isn’t it. I keep saying to my partner it’s hard for us adults let alone children, they must be so confused.

Thankyou for the suggestion I’ll definitely be speaking to her teacher tomorrow. We’ve been incredibly lucky with her school work as it’s all done on zoom and She seems so happy during lesson times, teacher has fun with them on there she’s really thrown herself into her work. unlike the 1st lockdown, school work was non-existent with her.
I think she’s liking the routine of the lessons during the week
Oddly it’s the half term I’m dreading When all the days blend into one with no proper structure to the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Is thier no way she can go and stay with them even if its a couple of days?

When do we think non-essential retail will open back up? I miss my job in itself and the normality that comes with it, so I'm hoping it'll be after Easter.... I don't know what I'll do if it's not as I'm absolutely fed up of this tit show of an existence. 😞 I've followed the rules from day 1, but come the Spring I will be travelling further than 5 miles to go to the beach and to go on more walks because I feel like I'm drowning in not moving from my area - I see and pass more people in Asda than I do at the beach, so that's less of a risk in itself and I'll do what I need to in order to keep myself sane, protecting myself and others at the same time, obviously, and I expect many others will, too, as there's no end to this in sight and we're all getting angry!

Reactions: 7
When do we think non-essential retail will open back up? I miss my job in itself and the normality that comes with it, so I'm hoping it'll be after Easter.... I don't know what I'll do if it's not as I'm absolutely fed up of this tit show of an existence. 😞 I've followed the rules from day 1, but come the Spring I will be travelling further than 5 miles to go to the beach and to go on more walks because I feel like I'm drowning in not moving from my area - I see and pass more people in Asda than I do at the beach, so that's less of a risk in itself and I'll do what I need to in order to keep myself sane, protecting myself and others at the same time, obviously, and I expect many others will, too, as there's no end to this in sight and we're all getting angry!
I think its been said schools are the first things to re open. So if they are including shops in that, a long while yet 😶

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I think its been said schools are the first things to re open. So if they are including shops in that, a long while yet 😶
My work is doing ok, but nowhere is safe being closed for extended periods of time, and that depressed me no end. 😞 I'm fed up with existing and not being able to earn extra overtime. I'm lucky I'm on furlough, but I miss my job, my work colleagues and the routine of it. I feel worried, anxious and useless.... 😞

Reactions: 2
I know they're saying schools are first priority for reopening but I honestly don't think they will resume at full capacity until summer and even then it'll be 50% like June/July 2020.

I think (probably naively) that they've finally woken up and realised school transmissions were causing a huge rise in cases across the UK and as a result, a lot of businesses and the wider community were being affected. I think they'll open retail and pubs before schools as they were all quite low in terms of infection transmission.

Reactions: 11
I can't see school's heading back in March, definitely don't think it will be this side of Easter.
There are too many people taking the piss this time around and hospitals are too far in the tit. Last time it was March/April when the pressure was at it's worst, the end of the nhs winter pressures, this time around we're slap bang in the middle of it.

Home learning this time around is literally like being a 1-1 TA, well with young children who cannot do the work independently. We have a full day, from 8.30-3.15 of teams meetings, my 5 year old has 6 teams meeting, 3 of those are live lesson starters, then he has an alloted amount of time to complete the set taskS and I put a big S because it's never just one thing. ALWAYS multiple things, like us parents are just sat around, twiddling our thumbs. My Year 2 child has 7 teams meetings a day and 4 live lesson starters, both need me to sit with them and keep them on task. I have to sit the night before and go through all their lessons, writing out everything that needs to be done, otherwise we fall so far behind we're still working to catch up at 6pm! It's absolutely draining me of every last bit of mental strength I have. I've had a constant headache since Friday.
Also why is learning just so god damn boring now, why are they spending 12 days on the most boring shitting story ever for English? Don't we want our children to enjoy English at 7, not be bored half to death with it. I just can't muster any enthusiasm for it.
I know why they have to be at home, I don't disagree with it but if this goes on into April then I'm not partaking in it. The school have said they have to be doing this much, their hands are tied. Lovely, brilliant, perfect. Happy bleeping Sunday 🥴
Wow that's mad!! Mine get 15 mins on Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri. Mon and Fri are this is what your doing/what did you enjoy this week. Tues and Thurs they mark 2 or 3 tricky question from their worksheet.

Wow that's mad!! Mine get 15 mins on Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri. Mon and Fri are this is what your doing/what did you enjoy this week. Tues and Thurs they mark 2 or 3 tricky question from their worksheet.
Ours get two pieces of work to upload (per week) to google classroom ,about two hrs work per day.

Reactions: 2
Ours get two pieces of work to upload (per week) to google classroom ,about two hrs work per day.
Ours are giving maths and English daily, then a 3rd subject (pshe, art, spanish and 2x science) We are really enjoying science, they are using oak academy and it feels as if they are learning something rather than filling in a sheet.

Reactions: 3
I’m just going to be honest here and say they are giving the vaccine to the wrong groups first. Our children are suffering drastically with no end in sight, getting them back to school should be the number one priority. My daughter has looked depressed all week.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.