Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pretty much everything can be ordered online . Should shops now become obsolete? Staff have to physically be in their workplace in order to fulfill online orders .
I wonder how much longer that will be true for? I'm sure Amazon and similar are well on their way to making robots to replace the vast majority of their staff that pick and pack

Reactions: 6
Nothing to add here but I’m sick to the back teeth of all this now. School, work, walk and repeat. Longest January ever.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Well we’ve just got back home after spending the morning with my mum on a nice walk. Yep, breaking the rules but it was me, 8yo and mum so I won’t lose sleep to be honest!

We still have school work to do but that’s fine. We’re having a little rest and then we’ll crack on. Who cares if it’s almost 2pm and we’ve not done any yet? The amount of times we’ve not managed to get out because we’ve been too busy working/schooling and then before you know it, it’s dark.

I’ve said to my son that every now and again if we get a dry day when I’m not working, outside time comes before school time. We feel so much better starting the week this way, than we did last week when we were sat at the table all day tackling school work.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I wonder how much longer that will be true for? I'm sure Amazon and similar are well on their way to making robots to replace the vast majority of their staff that pick and pack
I wouldn't be surprised if robots didn't already do the picking. When I worked at Grattan, way back in 1999 they used robots to do the picking.

Reactions: 2
Amazon uses people. We have a warehouse here.
Well there you go, I stand corrected. Grattan had a warehouse, robots and people. However, I have found this.

How robots are transforming Amazon warehouse jobs — for better and worse
Amazon is leading a robotics race that will have a seismic impact on the warehouse industry, which employs more than 1.1 millio

Reactions: 3
Well we’ve just got back home after spending the morning with my mum on a nice walk. Yep, breaking the rules but it was me, 8yo and mum so I won’t lose sleep to be honest!

We still have school work to do but that’s fine. We’re having a little rest and then we’ll crack on. Who cares if it’s almost 2pm and we’ve not done any yet? The amount of times we’ve not managed to get out because we’ve been too busy working/schooling and then before you know it, it’s dark.

I’ve said to my son that every now and again if we get a dry day when I’m not working, outside time comes before school time. We feel so much better starting the week this way, than we did last week when we were sat at the table all day tackling school work.
I bet you feel better than you have in ages. Good for you.

Its the scatter cushion and Easter egg buyers heading out! Lockdown fatigue is real.

Reactions: 3
Back in march lockdown, people were being less frivolous with their shopping and only buying food and household things but the restrictions went on too long . Shoppers seem to be really indulging in luxuries to make their homes more comfortable.
tbf now I’m not really bothered and I think it’s fair enough, but at the time it was 2 weeks into lockdown when it was only suppose to last 3 weeks* so the argument from us store workers at the time was... can you not wait another week to get those. Obviously then lockdown went on for 56789 years and here we are.

*ETA: we all thought it would only last 3 weeks.

Reactions: 5
I was sent this by my cousin. I thought it was interesting but it immediately rang conspiracy theorist bells in my head and I can't place why.

I am trying to take things day by day. If I think about the long term restrictions etc I just want to kill myself

The high street has been in decline for years due to the cost of rent etc. Online retailers are making use of technology to make themselves more efficient while being close effective. The whole way we shop is changing and the pandemic is a catalyst in theses changes.

Doctors on tiktok is some of the cringiest and condescending content. Do these people think they're educating the kidz because unless there's music and a dance they're unable to read? 😆 They get one semi viral vid then can't stop 🤦

Doctors on tiktok is some of the cringiest and condescending content. Do these people think they're educating the kidz because unless there's music and a dance they're unable to read? 😆 They get one semi viral vid then can't stop 🤦

I bloody hate tik tok 😂 Why Cant people just present information without dancing around like an idiot. Im officially old and past it because I seriously don’t understand kids these days!!

Reactions: 11
Doctors dancing on a social media platform from the country responsible for the mess they are in at work. You can't make up such a thing.

Reactions: 4
Another disgrace. Friends and family getting the "spare" covid jabs.

Just have a list of "people who can get here in 30 minutes" ready, FFS. Honestly not that difficult to keep things fair and square.

I'd like to know how there's spare when there are still people in the top 4 categories waiting. Surgeries know exactly who is in the community, hubs should also be as organised. Has it never occurred to anyone to do a quick ring round?

Christ, I think I’d have an actual breakdown with that amount of work! And for such young kids too. Mine get set English and maths every day, depending on what it is it can take over an hour or less than that. And also topic work but we don’t always bother with that. So far so good apart from one ridiculous maths problem which even adults struggled to solve.

My kids school and some other schools in the area are actually fully closed today because of the snow. I was hoping that would mean ‘snow day’ for all but apparently home learning is on as usual. Feel sorry for the key workers who may not be able to go to work today.

I don’t know about anyone else but Im starting to get Sunday dread because of home schooling.
I've had a bit of a breakdown today over it all, contacted the school, the gp and my mum 😪
Someone tell me how I can be on 2 live lessons with 2 children, in seperate rooms at the same time.
One of those children has other 'things' going on so requires constant encouragement, coaxing and 1-1 support. The other has literally just turned 5 and spends the entire time hanging up on the calls if I'm not watching and isn't built to independently complete the tasks they're setting.
It's impossible, apparently this is government expectation but if that's the case why aren't all school's doing this. Home learning this time around does not work with young children, it's been altered to suit years 5, 6 and upwards who can work to some degree independently. Not little kids who still need someone to wipe their backside.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.