Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It shouldn’t be pubs v schools. The two are very different and serve different needs.

what I don’t like is this collective mentality that seems to be coming across about kids/schooling... (I want the kids to go back toschool
When it’s safe to do so - I’m not against that) what about adults without kids or those with grown up kids that are not with them ?

our needs are as important as those with kids.

we need an outlet just like parents that are home schooling do. Whether it’s the pub or the gym.

so could the schooling parents please bear that in mind.
Children are a blessing, they keep your mind occupied - for those of us without this - we need a goal too. We don’t haVr this “distraction”.

im not even a fan of pubs but I get why these are so important to people.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I went to 5 gigs last year so really hope they are back on this year
totally agree, it seems mad now but I went to gigs last Feb and March! cannot believe it now! one of the things I miss most tbh

It shouldn’t be pubs v schools. The two are very different and serve different needs.

what I don’t like is this collective mentality that seems to be coming across about kids/schooling... (I want the kids to go back toschool
When it’s safe to do so - I’m not against that) what about adults without kids or those with grown up kids that are not with them ?

we need an outlet just like parents that are home schooling do. Whether it’s the pub or the gym.

Children are a blessing, they keep your mind occupied - for those of us without this - we need a goal too. We don’t haVr this “distraction”.

totally agree, I also never understood why pubs were able to open but not gyms/swimming pools, the pool near me has been closed since the first lockdown. I don't get how they couldn't just have people book so they can limit numbers etc. missing regular exercise really made things worse for so many people imo. Equally, I would imagine it is easier to distance adults in pubs (as long as they aren;t drunk anyway...) than it is primary school students in a classroom/playground

Reactions: 4
Why is it one v the other?

the conditions for each are very different.

Reactions: 3

This isn't looking good at all, a month in a coma now. All the while, that little baby will be forming crucial bonds with everyone but his mum 😔
I think about her all the time and always look for updates. She has been in a coma for a long time now hasn’t she. I don’t fully understand, so if anyone does please tell me, will they have tried to wake her up and it’s just not working? X

Reactions: 3
After a positive and productive weekend, I'm having such a crappy day. My friend's partner was taken to hospital in an ambulance because he couldn't breathe - they both tested positive for Covid 10 days ago, and were on the mend, but he took a turn for the worse. He's only 30.

Stupid IT issue when I was on a deadline, and the service desk were gaslighting me saying there was nothing wrong with my computer. I was crying at one point, so ridiculous.

My boss keeps sending multiple emails about insignificant admin tasks, but ignores anything major I want to discuss with him. Stop clogging up my email, man.

I've been on an even keel since Christmas, having long walks most days and just sort of getting on with things, a little moan here and there, but I feel pissed off today. And I can't stop eating!

• Sad
Reactions: 11

THIS! I chose not to have children, and my outlet is travelling, the gym and yoga classes. I was back at the gym for a couple of months, but I've not been able to do any of the other stuff, and God knows when I will be able to.

Don't get me wrong, I believe education is crucial. But I've had to sacrifice EVERYTHING in my life only to hear things like oh you've got it easy because you don't have children. No, I don't...and right now all I do is work, sleep and walk.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Apparently he said this and then Downing Street had to step in and say this isn’t what he meant 😂.

This was on sky
why do they keep doing this?! get your message clear before announcing anything! jesus christ!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It’s swings and roundabouts re children.....

Those who have no children have peace and quiet....they also have deafening silence.

Those with children have constant noise and chaos.....they also have a reason to get up in the morning, a focus and a distraction.

Those who have no children can get their work done if working from home tho face hours of boredom after this.

Those who have children have to juggle work, homeschooling etc but always have something to do.

I have a child but I understand that it’s not easy if you have children or don’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It’s swings and roundabouts re children.....

Those who have no children have peace and quiet....they also have deafening silence.

Those with children have constant noise and chaos.....they also have a reason to get up in the morning, a focus and a distraction.

Those who have no children can get their work done if working from home tho face hours of boredom after this.

Those who have children have to juggle work, homeschooling etc but always have something to do.

I have a child but I understand that it’s not easy if you have children or don’t.
yeah I agree, I hate this thing of basically being pitted against each other tbh. If having children was all negative I assume no one would choose to, equally for those who choose not to. I think as a woman with no children, and probably never will have them, I find so much that I am looked down on as selfish for not having them, and especially atm, I assume it is differnet for men

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
When I had children I didn’t expect I would be homeschooling them whilst trying to work full time. Don’t think anyone did 😂

If anyone thinks this current situation is a blessing to relieve boredom your more than welcome to have them 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
You don't think there would be outrage if they gave out more appointments for vaccines to than they had vaccines, particularly the over 80s? You genuinely think that is a reasonable course of action?
You clearly can't understand concepts like scheduling each vaccination box to be 900x 80 year olds (i.e. people who may be less mobile so most need firm appointment times), and then 100x 50 or 60 year olds (i.e. more understanding / more flexible people) for the "last hours of the day" part? With those 50/60 year olds having been informed that there's a chance they might have to go back the next week. Yes, absolutely give out more appointments than vaccines, just explain the concept to the later set that they may not get it that day and might have to come back a few days later. I promise you, they will be fine with it. I'd be a million times happier with that, than giving it to friends and family who are nowhere near the top of the eligibility list.

I note you didn't answer why the same methods used to round up friends and family to come and get the last few doses out of the box "in the next half hour" can't equally be applied to a simple wait list consisting of more eligible people than the receptionist's mate?

I absolutely didn't say "get ryanair to run the vaccine programme" and you know it - I said get someone from ryanair (i.e. with a well proven track record in managing things that are under high demand) in to help, and they will suggest some of these ideas. Because if the best the NHS can come up with is the unfair "friends and family" then clearly the skills just aren't there. Again.

Reactions: 1
I think about her all the time and always look for updates. She has been in a coma for a long time now hasn’t she. I don’t fully understand, so if anyone does please tell me, will they have tried to wake her up and it’s just not working? X
I'm not sure if she is ventilated or not so can only speak from my experience on that (family member on ventilator at moment 😔) - If that's the case, she may not be strong enough to be woken up just yet. Levels tend to go up and down and good days and bad days so waking her up might not be an option depending on how much lung scarring she has, ability to breathe on her own at a proper level etc

It's so unbelievably sad

• Sad
Reactions: 6
we still had gigs going august / September up here and I miss them now
We had a couple socially distanced events - I just couldn’t enjoy them the same as a real gig though 😞 I love being in a crowd and feeling the atmosphere. I can’t wait until it can happen again.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.