Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
7 year old just had an intervention lesson with her best friend, she was so happy to see her friend!! The TA did a proper little lesson rather than marking and it helped so much

Reactions: 11
Another disgrace. Friends and family getting the "spare" covid jabs.

Just have a list of "people who can get here in 30 minutes" ready, FFS. Honestly not that difficult to keep things fair and square.

Firstly that seems like an impossible list, but mostly how is that any more fair? If anything this means the people sat at home who don't have to go out to work are free and can get the jab but the people who would need it more and have public facing jobs wouldn't be able to drop everything and be there in 30 mins.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Firstly that seems like an impossible list, but mostly how is that any more fair? If anything this means the people sat at home who don't have to go out to work are free and can get the jab but the people who would need it more and have public facing jobs wouldn't be able to drop everything and be there in 30 mins.
I deifnitely know someone who benefitted from this, she is mid 30s, not a key worker, no underlying health issues... I couldn't work out HOW she had got the jab already but I guess this answers my question... how has this been so badly done?!

• Sad
Reactions: 2

This isn't looking good at all, a month in a coma now. All the while, that little baby will be forming crucial bonds with everyone but his mum 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I've had a bit of a breakdown today over it all, contacted the school, the gp and my mum 😪
Someone tell me how I can be on 2 live lessons with 2 children, in seperate rooms at the same time.
One of those children has other 'things' going on so requires constant encouragement, coaxing and 1-1 support. The other has literally just turned 5 and spends the entire time hanging up on the calls if I'm not watching and isn't built to independently complete the tasks they're setting.
It's impossible, apparently this is government expectation but if that's the case why aren't all school's doing this. Home learning this time around does not work with young children, it's been altered to suit years 5, 6 and upwards who can work to some degree independently. Not little kids who still need someone to wipe their backside.

As somebody trying to homeschool a reception aged 4 kid who messes around liked a proper little dick but still manages to absorb the information, a yr2 kid who needs complete silence and a helping hand and a yr3 kid who really struggles with maths I HEAR YOU 😕😕

• Heart
Reactions: 9

This isn't looking good at all, a month in a coma now. All the while, that little baby will be forming crucial bonds with everyone but his mum 😔
this is so terrible for everyone involved. I wish this had had more of an impact on all the other stupid influencers who are breaking rules still

Reactions: 6
I deifnitely know someone who benefitted from this, she is mid 30s, not a key worker, no underlying health issues... I couldn't work out HOW she had got the jab already but I guess this answers my question... how has this been so badly done?!
I actually don't think it has been badly done, we are vaccinating an incredibly high number of patients a day. Every patient eligible needs to have a dose available to them, some of these refuse the appointment but for the rest it is booked in and then people don't turn up because they are isolating, they don't trust the Pfizer brand :rolleyes: and will only take the oxford one, or even things like they forgot/couldn't be bothered.
We have a huge issue with people even booking GP appointments in this country and then just not turning up.

If 50 people haven't turned up on a Tuesday it is very hard to move 50 people up the list and get in contact with them and reschedule their appointment to be early at only a day or two notice. Once the vaccines are in a fridge they have a short shelf life, like many other types of vaccine, so they will always have extra at the end of the week and it is much easier to use them on anyone who is available. This works well in hospital settings as there are so many people literally on site who would have received the vaccine now anyway so they can get better use, however in GP clinics or the mass vaccine centres it is harder to get people in at little to no notice and other people in the over 80 category will be particularly difficult.

It is impossible to do mass vaccinations and have a dose available for everyone within the category who wants it and not have some waste. Personally I would rather the vaccines were used, I was just questioning the logic behind the other poster's priority list.

I haven't seen the data on 'wasted' vaccine numbers yet but at the rate we are vaccinating the over 80s it doesn't seem to be a major problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Screenshot_20210125-151930~2.jpg

Screenshot_20210125-151936~2.jpg

I've just found this in my messages from 20th March that I'd forwarded to someone not because I liked it or anything, but just to show them as someone else had sent it to the village group chat.
Finding it now though, it makes me sad how optimistic we all were. This message predicts everything to be over by summer 2020. If only that were true...
Shows how we've all changed. Nothing like this would be shared now because the situation has become so bleak.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I actually don't think it has been badly done, we are vaccinating an incredibly high number of patients a day. Every patient eligible needs to have a dose available to them, some of these refuse the appointment but for the rest it is booked in and then people don't turn up because they are isolating, they don't trust the Pfizer brand :)rolleyes:) or even things like they forgot.
We have a huge issue with people even booking GP appointments in this country and then just not turning up.

If 50 people haven't turned up on a Tuesday it is very hard to move 50 people up the list and get in contact with them and reschedule their appointment to be early at only a day or two notice. Once the vaccines are in a fridge they have a short shelf life, like many other types of vaccine, so they will always have extra at the end of the week.

It is impossible to do mass vaccinations and have a dose available for everyone within the category who wants it and not have some waste. Personally I would rather the vaccines were used, I was just questioning the logic behind the other poster's priority list.

I haven't seen the data on 'wasted' vaccine numbers yet but at the rate we are vaccinating the over 80s it doesn't seem to be a major problem.
errr in that case just do it like they've done TV show audiences *for decades* - ticketholders all know that more tickets are given out than there are seats in the studio, because some people don't turn up - so there's a risk that the last in line for today's show won't get in. But those that don't get in get "golden tickets" that do guarantee entry for the next recording (or in this case next vaccination session). Once you've done a few vaccination sessions you should be getting better and better at estimating how many no shows there will be.

"they will always have extra at the end of the week" is bullshit, honestly get someone from Ryanair, who's an expert at matching availability to factors like demand and human nature to forget etc, in to run the thing. There are plenty of ways that "human nature" or "human failings" can be managed out of the process.

If they are able to mobilise "friends and family" to respond then they should be able to mobilise many other properly entitled people via the same methods.

Reactions: 5
People that are saying pubs should open before schools have clearly never worked in one 🤦🏼‍♀️ My friend owns the local village pub and I helped out while I was furloughed - it was hard work! The rules were constantly changing while I helped out, the curfew, table service, how many people could sit at at table and the last one was same household at a table and I can tell you it was impossible to do especially in a village pub where these people have known eachother all their life but could t sit with them at a table and most of them were single people so would take a whole table up just for one person and there wasn’t many tables to start with! Then after a few drinks they all ended up at the same table even after we kept telling them but you don’t want to act like a teacher telling people what to do when these people who you grown up with and will know for the rest of your life. Hope this makes sense - I think the pubs in town centres are easier to stick to the rules personally. Pubs shouldn’t open again while these rules stay in place and I think most landlords would agree with me, the rules took away all the atmosphere of the pub. It’s got to be all or nothing now.

I actually don't think it has been badly done, we are vaccinating an incredibly high number of patients a day. Every patient eligible needs to have a dose available to them, some of these refuse the appointment but for the rest it is booked in and then people don't turn up because they are isolating, they don't trust the Pfizer brand :rolleyes: and will only take the oxford one, or even things like they forgot/couldn't be bothered.

If 50 people haven't turned up on a Tuesday it is very hard to move 50 people up the list and get in contact with them and reschedule their appointment to be early at only a day or two notice. Once the vaccines are in a fridge they have a short shelf life, like many other types of vaccine, so they will always have extra at the end of the week and it is much easier to use them on anyone who is available. This works well in hospital settings as there are so many people literally on site who would have received the vaccine now anyway so they can get better use, however in GP clinics or the mass vaccine centres it is harder to get people in at little to no notice.

I’m volunteering at a vaccination centre and all I can say is the staff there do absolutely everything in their power to make sure not a single vaccine goes to waste, and we do have people coming in near the end of the day who have been called up to come straight in (from the first cohort of priority groups).

I also think that anyone in a public facing role should be offered the vaccine as soon as possible. I just have so much respect for anyone in a supermarket/school/police dealing with the public’s sketchy social distancing/hygiene day in day out.

Reactions: 12
errr in that case just do it like they've done TV show audiences *for decades* - ticketholders all know that more tickets are given out than there are seats in the studio, because some people don't turn up - so there's a risk that the last in line for today's show won't get in. But those that don't get in get "golden tickets" that do guarantee entry for the next recording (or in this case next vaccination session). Once you've done a few vaccination sessions you should be getting better and better at estimating how many no shows there will be.

"they will always have extra at the end of the week" is bullshit, honestly get someone from Ryanair, who's an expert at matching availability to factors like demand and human nature to forget etc, in to run the thing. There are plenty of ways that "human nature" or "human failings" can be managed out of the process.

If they are able to mobilise "friends and family" to respond then they should be able to mobilise many other properly entitled people via the same methods.
You don't think there would be outrage if they gave out more appointments for vaccines to than they had vaccines, particularly the over 80s? You genuinely think that is a reasonable course of action?

I swear the other day you were complaining because some rag posted an article of 10 old people having to queue outside before being allowed in to get their jab and now you want to drag them out of their house in the snow to an appointment that they may or may not get depending on how many people could be arsed to turn up? 'Sorry Sally, Susie actually did turn up to her appointment at 16:30 so no jab for you since you are at 16:50. Too bad'

Frankly if you think the vaccine program should be run like Ryanair, that famously well run business with great morals and lots of compassion, then you clearly have no sense 😂

TV show audiences and Ryanair, truly the pinnacles of organisational logistical success. If only the immunisation program currently vaccinating over 300k a day could learn a tip or two from them!

Reactions: 9
My friend who works in a GP's surgery told me any wasted vaccines the government will back charge the surgery for the cost, so can definitely see why they are doing it, and anyone who is called they are trying to base off where they are on the list or chaperones of people who are currently there. It's not ideal but better than vaccines going in the bin. Unfortunately there will always be no-show's for appointments

• Wow
My friend who works in a GP's surgery told me any wasted vaccines the government will back charge the surgery for the cost, so can definitely see why they are doing it, and anyone who is called they are trying to base off where they are on the list or chaperones of people who are currently there. It's not ideal but better than vaccines going in the bin. Unfortunately there will always be no-show's for appointments
this seems so unfair on the surgery! I think people who miss appointments should be fined tbh (without a valid reason of course) It really shocks me so many people are not turning up, I wonder if these are people who are anti the vaccine/CTs and just trying ot cause problems?

Reactions: 3

I think about her a lot, sad to hear she's still in a coma. How anyone can see this from the influencer community and not change their ways is disgusting, she is one of them you'd think they would rally round and start making changes and following the rules. I hope she starts to improve soon. Poor baby and her poor partner must be massively struggling having to deal with a newborn alone whilst worrying about her health.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I've had a bit of a breakdown today over it all, contacted the school, the gp and my mum 😪
Someone tell me how I can be on 2 live lessons with 2 children, in seperate rooms at the same time.
One of those children has other 'things' going on so requires constant encouragement, coaxing and 1-1 support. The other has literally just turned 5 and spends the entire time hanging up on the calls if I'm not watching and isn't built to independently complete the tasks they're setting.
It's impossible, apparently this is government expectation but if that's the case why aren't all school's doing this. Home learning this time around does not work with young children, it's been altered to suit years 5, 6 and upwards who can work to some degree independently. Not little kids who still need someone to wipe their backside.
i hear you. I’ve been in teams calls with work since 8:30 and now need to try and factor in 3.5 hours of school work set by school. He’s 5 also so needs support to get it done plus is behind his peers so I need to tailor what’s set to what he can manage. Zoom calls with school ends up with him getting up and walking around or hanging up similar to what you’ve said. It’s so hard and the end doesn’t seem in sight.

I hope you are ok after talking to gp and school. I haven’t spoken to anyone as we are just about muddling through but at the detriment of either my career or his education some days at the moment I feel.

sending love to you and I didn’t mean to turn this into a self pitying post! 🙃

• Heart
I don't mind people who aren't on the lists getting vaccines if they are going to be wasted/ruined/binned. I understand working through the priority lists is key but I have also heard many tales of people in the current categories being called last minute to get jabs to save wastage.

Reactions: 1
My Trust is now in a worse position than they were at any point last year. I’m struggling to feel optimistic at all knowing information like this. It feels never ending and I’m finding it hard now :(

We’ve had another day at the park today with my little boy. Every day feels like Groundhog Day because there’s nowhere to go, my friends have lost touch since covid and barely speak anymore, we don’t see anybody. My days at work are somewhat of a release as I forget we are in lockdown because I’m not out and about - but I work in a blumming hospital and it’s covid non stop. Meh.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.