Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finally caught up. I'll be honest I don't get the scaremongering thing. I think if anything the truth of what's happening in the hospitals hasn't been reflected that much at all. This week has seen my hospital increase its icu capacity again closing down wards and moving staff from other specialities. In our little bubble we have seen more and more unwell covid women which is putting more pressure on all the other maternity depts and will impact on care. More people are very unwell and more are dying. So I don't get scared by the media as much because they seem to paint it better then it really is at times. I'm glad the hospitals are finally allowing the press in to show what is actually happening.
thing is the press and media were denied access to wards for 10 months.
now it’s on a constant roll, hospital wards, personal stories, dramatic scenes.

this should have been done at the start but when you hear some medics/nurses backing the anti movement. Personally coming out with TikToks saying they’ve never been so quite 😏 and the press are denied access to wards (round one)
It does nothing but strengthen the “anti” narrative.

the media today are now questioning yesterday’s press briefing. we’re also being hit with very dramatic images.

The more the government lie, twist facts, hold back information, change their tone to suit their narrative,
the more doubt creeps into people’s minds and THAT’S going to effect us all more than a possible (not confirmed ) fraction of a percentage rise in the new strains.

Im still not an anti btw 😂

Reactions: 6
Sorry I just cannot get behind the idea that the government are making this out to be worse than it is. There is absolutely zero logic to that.
If you believe the UK gov are making this out to be worse than it is then it means firstly all the devolved nations are in on this plan despite most being at complete odds to Westminster normally, then the whole of Europe are also in on it along with the majority of the world, because ... lizard people.

I’ve yet to see a single compelling reason the government would have to make this worse than it actually is.
And why would all the doctors & medical profession be in on this?

another theory is that the “rich people” are in on this. Their asserts have increased due to the crisis. There is a chart going around. Firstly, they rarely disclose all their assets, secondly they are generally rich because they have done something right ( taken a huge risk, established a business empire etc) so of course they are “protected” financially. They have teams advising them. (I’m talking super wealthy here).

Attachments

thing is the press and media were denied access to wards for 10 months.
now it’s on a constant roll, hospital wards, personal stories, dramatic scenes.

this should have been done at the start but when you hear some medics/nurses backing the anti movement. Personally coming out with TikToks saying they’ve never been so quite 😏 and the press are denied access to wards (round one)
It does nothing but strengthen the “anti” narrative.

the media today are now questioning yesterday’s press briefing. we’re also being hit with very dramatic images.

The more the government lie, twist facts, hold back information, change their tone to suit their narrative,
the more doubt creeps into people’s minds and THAT’S going to effect us all more than a possible (not confirmed ) fraction of a percentage rise in the new strains.

Im still not an anti btw 😂
I totally agree that the true hospital picture should have always been shown. I understand why it wasn't but it needed to be shown. But there will still be those who will think it's all crisis actors 🙄😆

Reactions: 8
It may be more deadly (or it may not be). But them saying more deadly can mean next to nothing. So for example (bear with me) if you are pregnant and your waters go you are told that the risk of infection to your baby will double after 24 hours. Which sounds terrifying. However the risk of infection in general is tiny so a doubling of that still means a tiny number. Not so scary. Same with this the word more simply means that it is showing some higher risk but the number can still be very small. If that makes sense.

Plus it is still a virus at the end of the day and washing your hands with soap will still kill it.
Thank you, that’s really helped ❤

Reactions: 1
I feel the same I’m more anxious now. I’m going to cancel a non essential medical appointment I’ve got in a few weeks, I don’t want to go anywhere. My husband has recently started going for a walk with a friend and I don’t really want him to now but also don’t want to stop him. I hate all of this 😞
I also feel like now places like the dentist and vets are opening up for routine things , they seem to expect us to jump at the chance to go for an appointment now they have decided they are up and running again, and have clicked their fingers for us , so to speak.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
For those of you that are married/living together how has this impacted the relationship?

I don’t feel I could go through this with another person as I’m constantly having mood swings. I fear there may be a lot of unnecessary breakups during this period.

we are not designed to be cooped up.

Reactions: 9
I totally agree that the true hospital picture should have always been shown. I understand why it wasn't but it needed to be shown. But there will still be those who will think it's all crisis actors 🙄😆
Like her or not wee Nicola has always kept a very somber attitude towards the pandemic, Boris, not so much.
there’s been no consistency in his message.
“We’ll be out of this by Easter”
“Eat out to help out”
“5 day Christmas”
“Travel isn’t the issue - we’re doing enough there”
“Cummings”
“Cummings”
“We have a world leading Heath care system/we’re world leading with the vaccine roll out/nightingale hospitals are on standby, everyone will receive a vaccine by xxx”

etc etc etc.

then BAM..... 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 12
I feel the same I’m more anxious now. I’m going to cancel a non essential medical appointment I’ve got in a few weeks, I don’t want to go anywhere. My husband has recently started going for a walk with a friend and I don’t really want him to now but also don’t want to stop him. I hate all of this 😞
I’m getting the same way, I don’t even want to go out now but not because I’m scared but depressed. On my days off, it’s a struggle to even just force myself to get dressed. I’m either living in my work uniform or pyjamas these days. I have no interest in anything. :/

For those of you that are married/living together how has this impacted the relationship?

I don’t feel I could go through this with another person as I’m constantly having mood swings. I fear there may be a lot of unnecessary breakups during this period.

Getting on each others’ tits tbh.

• Sad
Thank you, that’s really helped ❤
It's easy to get anxious about it (I was very unwell last year as a result of anxiety and ocd around the virus) but I really find putting things into a context helps. I had a meltdown over my son bringing back stones after a walk with his dad last April (anything outside was contaminated with the virus in my head, but the chances of him catching the virus actually was ridiculously small and practically non existant after washing his hands. I did zoflora the stones though 😆

Like her or not wee Nicola has always kept a very somber attitude towards the pandemic, Boris, not so much.
there’s been no consistency in his message.
“We’ll be out of this by Easter”
“Eat out to help out”
“5 day Christmas”
“Travel isn’t the issue - we’re doing enough there”
“Cummings”
“Cummings”
“We have a world leading Heath care system/we’re world leading with the vaccine roll out/nightingale hospitals are on standby, everyone will receive a vaccine by xxx”

etc etc etc.

then BAM..... 🤷‍♀️
Boris doesn't want to be the bad guy (ironically enough because he's a complete c*nt). I never thought I'd admire Sturgeon but as a leader she has been miles ahead of Boris. I know Boris is a low bar but still.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That's because of restrictions. The past two days media have reported that SAGE said if every single person in the country took the vaccine including children the R rate would only go down to 1.3 if we went back to normality. This is a scary thought too.....

The government have scared the public enough that they would give up privacy to go back to normal. Great result for the gov who can gather more information on us all than ever before all free of charge to sell on to third parties as they wish.
I don't understand this...is it because after 1 jab the efficacy is 70%..it's only after 2 jabs it's increased to 90%?

Surely if the jabs have 90% efficacy that's enough for us all open up again?

Google, social media, Tesco club card already have all of my details. The govt can have mine too if it means I can get my life back.

I’m getting the same way, I don’t even want to go out now but not because I’m scared but depressed. On my days off, it’s a struggle to even just force myself to get dressed. I’m either living in my work uniform or pyjamas these days. I have no interest in anything. :/

Getting on each others’ tits tbh.
It's actually made us stronger. I thought we'd argue a lot more especially during the first lockdown when he was furloughed for 5 months but we actually enjoyed the time we got to spend together. I'm finding this lockdown much harder as he is back at work so the loneliness is really getting to me. The kids are at home but they're busy doing school work

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Quite honestly I have been and still am a bit worried about my marriage. We’ve had a really rough few years prior to the pandemic (not problems with the marriage but outside things such as both my parents becoming terminally ill at around the same time, bereavment, house moves, a legal issue, a house renovation) and it’s never rocked us once, we’ve always had a super strong marriage. But now we are both at home all day every day and it’s taken it’s toll. Like you my emotions are all over the place, my husband who is always a really happy go lucky optimistic kind of guy is now really low in mood and thoroughly fed up, we live in a really small house and it feels like there’s no getting away from each other in separate rooms, we never argue and shout but we’re both prone to sulking and not talking a lot, there’s nothing to look forward to, nothing to do, TMI but my sex drive has been virtually non existent since my parents died and that has understandably really got to him, it’s all just really difficult and it feels like our marriage isn’t happy anymore.

Last year was supposed to be our year after years of looking after my parents and dealing with lots of other incredibly difficult things. I’m not moaning (or maybe I am🤷🏻‍♀️) but we had something planned for pretty much every month and we had discussed how it was time for us to kind of take control and put as many positive things into our lives as possible to make up for the previous few years. I really feel our relationship would be in a really good place now. I always felt we’d survive anything but I am genuinely worried most days the pandemic will be the thing that breaks us 😔😔😔😔😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Quite honestly I have been and still am a bit worried about my marriage. We’ve had a really rough few years prior to the pandemic (not problems with the marriage but outside things such as both my parents becoming terminally ill at around the same time, bereavment, house moves, a legal issue, a house renovation) and it’s never rocked us once, we’ve always had a super strong marriage. But now we are both at home all day every day and it’s taken it’s toll. Like you my emotions are all over the place, my husband who is always a really happy go lucky optimistic kind of guy is now really low in mood and thoroughly fed up, we live in a really small house and it feels like there’s no getting away from each other in separate rooms, we never argue and shout but we’re both prone to sulking and not talking a lot, there’s nothing to look forward to, nothing to do, TMI but my sex drive has been virtually non existent since my parents died and that has understandably really got to him, it’s all just really difficult and it feels like our marriage isn’t happy anymore.

Last year was supposed to be our year after years of looking after my parents and dealing with lots of other incredibly difficult things. I’m not moaning (or maybe I am🤷🏻‍♀️) but we had something planned for pretty much every month and we had discussed how it was time for us to kind of take control and put as many positive things into our lives as possible to make up for the previous few years. I really feel our relationship would be in a really good place now. I always felt we’d survive anything but I am genuinely worried most days the pandemic will be the thing that breaks us 😔😔😔😔😔
I think you will be fine once you’re allowed out again. Seems like you have a strong marriage of you came through all of that xx

• Heart

Thank you for sharing. How do you feel, now you have communicated?

Reactions: 3
Has anything that conspiracy theorists predicted with regards to covid actually happened though? Genuinely can’t think of a single thing...
Mandatory vaccines - no
Chips in vaccines - no
Covid being a cover for child trafficking arrests - no
5G causing covid - no
I don't buy into 5g causing covid, or chips being in the vaccine

Here are links to trafficking. Its not a conspiracy. In my line of work we have regular team calls with the local NHS and Police. The local police said that they have also seen child trafficking and slavery go up.
The discussion on mandatory vaccines are happening all the time, that one we wait and see what happens, but the waters are being tested on public opinion it does appear

Reactions: 3
Sorry I feel like I'm being all therapy today but I can suffer depressive episodes where motivation goes out the window. My cpn used to set me small targets. So making my bed was always something I'd have to do, and I will have achieved something that day. Brushing my hair was another. Really small things but things that made me feel I've done that. I had to tick them off. But you will get your motivation back, don't pressurise yourself with it and see this as your body and mind taking time out for itself.

I don't buy into 5g causing covid, or chips being in the vaccine

Here are links to trafficking. Its not a conspiracy. In my line of work we have regular team calls with the local NHS and Police. The local police said that they have also seen child trafficking go up

But those are nowhere near the theory that Tom Hanks has been arrested but we are told he has covid. In times of unrest and poverty crime always increases. This isn't the conspiracy theory that was being talked about.

Reactions: 11
Thank you for sharing. How do you feel, now you have communicated?
Thank you, and to Renata above. We haven’t talked about it much recently but I think we need to. I’ve really felt a distance from him lately and feel a bit scared in case I try to talk and he tells me he doesn’t want to be with me anymore. I’m probably being silly. But I did think this week that now this lockdown is looking like it’s going to last a lot longer we may need to make some plans of what we can do to make things feel easier, maybe even look at changing things in the house.

We live in a 2 bed and he uses the lounge as an office. He’s on calls most of the day so I feel like I’m stuck in the bedroom because if I go in the lounge I can’t have the tv on or make a noise so I just end up spending the day sat on the bed and I don’t think that’s doing me a lot of good. I do exercise most days for around an hour so I’m not on the bed all day but I do feel like I have to be quiet a lot. Others have it much worse so I’m not complaining, I dont feel like I mind it that much but I do realise it probably gets me down more than I realise and that if this is going to last longer some changes might need to be made. He could maybe set up in the spare room, I think it’s just when this all started we thought it would only be a few weeks so it seemed fine as it was but as it goes on and on maybe it’s time to rethink.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.