Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I just cannot get behind the idea that the government are making this out to be worse than it is. There is absolutely zero logic to that.
If you believe the UK gov are making this out to be worse than it is then it means firstly all the devolved nations are in on this plan despite most being at complete odds to Westminster normally, then the whole of Europe are also in on it along with the majority of the world, because ... lizard people.

I’ve yet to see a single compelling reason the government would have to make this worse than it actually is.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
In my department , about 30 have had it so far and nobody has reported for shift the day after the jab
Pattern seems to be fine the day you get it and then on the night it kicks on . Rigors, fevers , foggy head ,
We've been very different here. 60 plus people and only two were unwell and couldn't work. We have the Pfizer vaccination here, have you had one of the others? Seems to be mild headaches and a dead arm for the majority.

Reactions: 2
Clever isn't it how they can scare people into losing all their basic rights. It's also something the conspiracy theorists said would happen and many didn't believe it
Has anything that conspiracy theorists predicted with regards to covid actually happened though? Genuinely can’t think of a single thing...
Mandatory vaccines - no
Chips in vaccines - no
Covid being a cover for child trafficking arrests - no
5G causing covid - no

Reactions: 12
If it wasn’t such an underfunded service then maybe it wouldn’t be so bad, but we will never know. Thats absolutely not meant as an NHS bashing, but the government need to get a handle on it moving forward. If nothing else, it has shown up that a complete overhaul of the NHS is needed once we are out of this current tit.

edited for typos!
I'd agree but then I see what happened in Italy and they have one of the best health systems according to WHO. They still got overwhelmed.

Reactions: 3
Sorry I just cannot get behind the idea that the government are making this out to be worse than it is. There is absolutely zero logic to that.
If you believe the UK gov are making this out to be worse than it is then it means firstly all the devolved nations are in on this plan despite most being at complete odds to Westminster normally, then the whole of Europe are also in on it along with the majority of the world, because ... lizard people.

I’ve yet to see a single compelling reason the government would have to make this worse than it actually is.
I don’t think they are making it out to be worse than it is but I think some of the ads and things they are putting out are really hard hitting, and a bit much.

Like others have said, those who haven’t followed rules all along won’t be affected by them. For those of us who have though they are overly bleak and just make me feel very hopeless.

I just think they are misjudging the public mood a bit, beating a lot of us when we are already down. I don’t think it’s what is needed right now. But I realise this could all just be my view because of how I am feeling with it all personally.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@JLXRD I think you have summed up how me and everyone around me feels ❤

It seems too late to be cracking the whip now should have been done 10 months ago

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Well, there was that SAGE report that essentially was recommending the government to scare people for compliance.
I am not saying that COVID doesn’t exist 😂 However, the way one presents information can be used to make something sound more serious or less serious.
Perfect example -After 35 years old your fertility plummets! However, there were studies that show that a healthy 27 year old woman has an 86% chance of getting pregnant within a year. A healthy 37 year old has an 82% chance. Has it gone down? Yes, but not that drastically, it hasn’t dropped from 86 to50/30/20%.
Another claim - after 40 years your chance of having birth defects doubles. Well, if a woman in question is healthy it does double. From 0.5 to 1%.
All of these are true, but the way these numbers get presented benefits companies that freeze egg cells.

Reactions: 10
Its basic gaslighting

We've opened coffee shops to keep the economy turning and so keyworkers can get something, aren't we great! - propaganda poster says buying a coffee kills granny. So it's now your fault.

We've increased the trains so keyworkers can get to work safely, aren't we great! - propaganda poster says covid catches the train too, you're going to kill granny. So now it's your fault

We've given you all eat out to help out vouchers to build the economy and give you freedom, aren't we great! - Boris and Matt tell us that because we've gone out we've killed granny. It's your fault.

We've opened schools because our very clever scientists have said kids don't spread it, aren't we great! - oh, turns out your dirty little kids are quite germy, they've killed granny. It's your fault

We think everyone should be able to meet a mate in the park because fresh air and space is safe - you guessed it! Meeting your mate is now super dangerous and you've killed granny! Your fault!

We think everyone deserves Xmas with family, you'll be fine for one day - nope, because you've followed our rules it's your fault again that you've killed granny!

Its abuse!

Maybe the government should Kenny from South Park as propaganda.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Now this strain is more deadly I’m even more anxious, as I’m sure many of us are. My daughter went on a bike ride on Monday, she touched 2 public gates despite me saying she had to stay on local roads only but she went on some cycling path. I’m now counting 10 days incase any of us get symptoms after hearing it’s more deadly. We don’t leave the house other than to walk the dogs and prescriptions once a month. This bloody virus has caused anxiety in me that I’ve not experienced before. I wish I hadn’t heard the latest news about this strain 😟

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Anyone doing anything exciting today?

Thought I'd do a spot of housework, read the paper, tax myself with a couple of crosswords, watch some TV, then order a takeaway and open a bottle of wine. Just living it up. Hey ho.
Hopefully getting out for a walk after dinner ☺ It’s started snowing tho but it’s not sticking much thank god.

Reactions: 1
Now this strain is more deadly I’m even more anxious, as I’m sure many of us are. My daughter went on a bike ride on Monday, she touched 2 public gates despite me saying she had to stay on local roads only but she went on some cycling path. I’m now counting 10 days incase any of us get symptoms after hearing it’s more deadly. We don’t leave the house other than to walk the dogs and prescriptions once a month. This bloody virus has caused anxiety in me that I’ve not experienced before. I wish I hadn’t heard the latest news about this strain 😟
I feel the same I’m more anxious now. I’m going to cancel a non essential medical appointment I’ve got in a few weeks, I don’t want to go anywhere. My husband has recently started going for a walk with a friend and I don’t really want him to now but also don’t want to stop him. I hate all of this 😞

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Finally caught up. I'll be honest I don't get the scaremongering thing. I think if anything the truth of what's happening in the hospitals hasn't been reflected that much at all. This week has seen my hospital increase its icu capacity again closing down wards and moving staff from other specialities. In our little bubble we have seen more and more unwell covid women which is putting more pressure on all the other maternity depts and will impact on care. More people are very unwell and more are dying. So I don't get scared by the media as much because they seem to paint it better then it really is at times. I'm glad the hospitals are finally allowing the press in to show what is actually happening.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
They are not certain it’s more deadly, they don’t really have much evidence to back up what they are saying. It all seems a bit tenuous at the moment so I wouldn’t worry unnecessarily.

Reactions: 10
I feel the same I’m more anxious now. I’m going to cancel a non essential medical appointment I’ve got in a few weeks, I don’t want to go anywhere. My husband has recently started going for a walk with a friend and I don’t really want him to now but also don’t want to stop him. I hate all of this 😞
It’s horrible isn’t it. My son had to go to collect college books last Monday, so I started counting 10 days then, and now again because my daughter touched the gates this Monday, I’m never like this, it’s making me a nervous wreck as we are more vulnerable. Sending you a hug 🤗

They are not certain it’s more deadly, they don’t really have much evidence to back up what they are saying. It all seems a bit tenuous at the moment so I wouldn’t worry unnecessarily.
Thank you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It may be more deadly (or it may not be). But them saying more deadly can mean next to nothing. So for example (bear with me) if you are pregnant and your waters go you are told that the risk of infection to your baby will double after 24 hours. Which sounds terrifying. However the risk of infection in general is tiny so a doubling of that still means a tiny number. Not so scary. Same with this the word more simply means that it is showing some higher risk but the number can still be very small. If that makes sense.

Plus it is still a virus at the end of the day and washing your hands with soap will still kill it.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Probably a bit against the grain here but I don’t mind the more aggressive messaging, although I rarely watch tv so I haven’t really seen any of it apart from what’s been messaged here and something on Sky news. I do know a couple of people now who completely ignored the first lockdown but are now taking it really seriously so that’s good. But my reason for not minding it is because I feel so desperate now. I just want this to be over and I really want people to do the right thing where possible. I know there have been lots of discussions on here previously about rule breaking and I know there are genuine reasons for it, I’m not going against that. But people throwing parties, people who just don’t care, I want them to stop. Because I want this to end as soon as possible. So many of us are reaching our breaking point now and don’t know how much more we can take. I just want things to be better 😔

Reactions: 12
Near me they have had to temporarily move the children’s icu to another city, to make way for adults with covid in my area. I did my 1 car journey this week to pick up my click and collect food shop - the roads were like a normal Friday home-time pre-Covid. I don’t see how this counts as a lockdown. Is it because more businesses think they are covid secure and so wont let people work from home?

I keep seeing and hearing ambulances go through my area, all I can think is “another patient” headed for the ICU. It feels so dystopian.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.