Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So let everyone else protect you, thats jolly good of you ... you are anti vax and they deserve the 'negative connotations' attached to that. There is no logic to not taking the vaccine so don't expect any support for your views :devilish:
the lack of agreement with you (so far) on this post speaks for the room.

first up, anti vaccine, that belongs in the conspiracy theory thread because most normal well adjusted adults don’t even give it a second thought.

secondly, this is a very new vaccine, as of yet we have no concrete stats that tell us
1) how long immunity lasts for.
2) what’s its effect on transmission.
3) if you’ve been infected what benefits do you get from the vaccine/how long does your own immunity last because of antibodies etc.

I’m not hugely concerned about fertility or side effects, I’m not against getting this vaccine,
Looking at the roll out plan if you’re a healthy adult, 20/30/40 you’re going to be further down the list anyway.
hopefully by that point they will know more about how society is reacting to the virus/how the vaccine is reacting to different strains of the virus/the effect of the vaccine overall.

you can’t write off people who are asking GENUINE questions or who are concerned (not entertaining they “the government are microchipping us all and making us bark like a puppy stuff”)
nobody has a right to do that,
none of us have lived through a pandemic before,
With respect this bull like attitude is so disheartening and it does NOTHING but gets peoples backs up and make them come back harder.

you know one of my favorite sayings, one I need to live by more 😂
“you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar”
Educate if possible, engage, don’t steamroll.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
We have friends that have moved there’s to august and have 150 people for the evening, I can’t see any weddings over around 70/80 people going ahead?
I think it’ll either be a low number (under 30) or no restrictions at all. I doubt they will cap it at 70/80 as with that many people having a limit seems a bit redundant anyway 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
What are people’s thoughts on weddings this year?!
A Covid restrictions wedding sounds perfect to me but I don't like being the center of attention. A small wedding ceremony would be fine with me. I guess it depends on number of guests both for the ceremony and reception. I know some people even pre-corona would have a small ceremony and then invite more people to the reception.

I understand wanting to have the big day but not sure it's going to be possible on a pre-covid scale until the majority are vaccinated. IMO the day is always about the couple. I'm all for a couple getting married at a registrars office and maybe only having both sides parents there. Save a bit of money that way and when things improve with covid pull out all the stops and have a reception at a nice venue. Possibly the same one they would have chosen before the pandemic. The bride could wear the wedding dress she always wanted to wear, groom could wear the suit, get the dresses for the bridesmaids and groomsmen, and the photographer to take the traditional after ceremony shots.

Reactions: 5
I think it’ll either be a low number (under 30) or no restrictions at all. I doubt they will cap it at 70/80 as with that many people having a limit seems a bit redundant anyway 🤷‍♀️
That’s very true! But then I also can’t see them not having any restrictions in place

You can’t keep schools closed and open up other parts of society though. Remember when you could go to the pub but your kid couldn’t go to school it was a national disgrace.

They aren’t going to keep everything closed until the autumn. I’m optimistic schools will return first as they should do.
I agree, there is no argument for opening pubs and shops before school. Schools would have reopened before these things last time if it wasn’t for the timing of when the summer holidays fell.
Schools will be one of the first things to go back, not the last. And rightly so.

Reactions: 6
Remember when you could go to the pub but your kid couldn’t go to school it was a national disgrace.
yet also....bleeping necessary 😂😂

“right kids watch blippi mommy needs to visit the staff room tonight”

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Same! Mine get maths, English and ‘topic work’ we often skip the topic work tbh. My yr3 child’s maths this week was crazy hard, I felt so dumb. Whereas my yr1 child’s maths is super easy, but really convoluted in how they find answers to simple questions, number lines, 10 grids, splitting etc. I mean, how hard is it to find the answer to 9+8 that you need so many methods to solve it🤣

That meme of that guy showing old vs new maths is so accurate.
My 8 yr old had 50 of these I was getting confused after a while 😂 he was showing me how to do them
459648A2-9795-480D-93A8-728C6F4C2A21.jpeg

• Haha
We have friends that have moved there’s to august and have 150 people for the evening, I can’t see any weddings over around 70/80 people going ahead?
I had my wedding reception booked for this year but I cancelled it because I couldn’t see the numbers being allowed that I wanted , being able to dance and mingle with guests and without masks. Plus I had such a perfect wedding with 10 guests that I couldn’t justify paying thousands for people to have a party 🎉

I hope they open schools in areas with low numbers! Ours have had no cases at all, yes bubbles have closed but thats down to parents having it not the kids, they act really quick at our school.
We had hardly any cases either ,I hope they do open.

Reactions: 3
Have the government given up on the quick testing at home that they were touting a few months ago so people can go to events etc.
I'd think the best way to know how effective the vaccine is would be by also having regular testing as surely there will be even more asymptomatic cases once the vaccine starts to take effect? I'd happily test myself every now and then if it meant I could go to events.

Reactions: 2
Have the government given up on the quick testing at home that they were touting a few months ago so people can go to events etc.
I'd think the best way to know how effective the vaccine is would be by also having regular testing as surely there will be even more asymptomatic cases once the vaccine starts to take effect? I'd happily test myself every now and then if it meant I could go to events.
Just before lockdown they were going to start trialing rapid tests before going to a restaurant/event etc. Obviously paused at the moment

Reactions: 1
Small and intimate probably, but think of the savings.
There is other threads on this, search weddings or brides
https://tattle.life/threads/weddings-experiences-costs-stories-advice.13666/post-3515370 found link

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Well, my son is due to be married in June, and they took out wedding insurance as no-one really knows what the situation will be like going forward.
I'm hoping that numbers will have decreased dramatically by the end of March, coupled with a few more million being vaccinated; and that should, hopefully, enable weddings to resume more normality. I feel so sorry for all the people who have needed to cancel their big day. 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 8
the lack of agreement with you (so far) on this post speaks for the room.

first up, anti vaccine, that belongs in the conspiracy theory thread because most normal well adjusted adults don’t even give it a second thought.

secondly, this is a very new vaccine, as of yet we have no concrete stats that tell us
1) how long immunity lasts for.
2) what’s its effect on transmission.
3) if you’ve been infected what benefits do you get from the vaccine/how long does your own immunity last because of antibodies etc.

I’m not hugely concerned about fertility or side effects, I’m not against getting this vaccine,
Looking at the roll out plan if you’re a healthy adult, 20/30/40 you’re going to be further down the list anyway.
hopefully by that point they will know more about how society is reacting to the virus/how the vaccine is reacting to different strains of the virus/the effect of the vaccine overall.

you can’t write off people who are asking GENUINE questions or who are concerned (not entertaining they “the government are microchipping us all and making us bark like a puppy stuff”)
nobody has a right to do that,
none of us have lived through a pandemic before,
With respect this bull like attitude is so disheartening and it does NOTHING but gets peoples backs up and make them come back harder.

you know one of my favorite sayings, one I need to live by more 😂
“you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar”
Educate if possible, engage, don’t steamroll.
I'll be honest with you, your right but...I've lived longer than most here, experienced some wonderful events and some awful events and I've gone past the 'group hug' / person centered approach to folk so if my bluntness offends put me on ignore.

So let everyone else protect you, thats jolly good of you ... you are anti vax and they deserve the 'negative connotations' attached to that. There is no logic to not taking the vaccine so don't expect any support for your views :devilish:
Some other people have already provided some excellent responses to this post but as you’re personally attacking me I’d quite like to have my say.

You do realise that at present there is no proof that anyone else having the vaccine protects me if I don’t have it right? Obviously we hope the vaccine will stop transmission and the theory is that is may well do so, but at present the proven scientific benefit of having the vaccine is to protect the individual who has received it from getting seriously ill only. If I don’t have it, I am missing out on that protection, and that is MY choice.

If the vaccine does turn out to stop transmission then I reserve the right to change MY mind about MY choice. Similarly, if the vaccine does turn into the magic bullet and receipt of it means I can go back to normal the minute they jab me, sign me the duck up.

The thing that pisses me off the most about your sort of misinformed judgement is that all of this is purely hypothetical anyway, because as a healthy person in my early 30s who knows if I’ll even be offered the bleeping thing to be given the opportunity to make a choice about whether or not to have it!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'll be honest with you, your right but...I've lived longer than most here, experienced some wonderful events and some awful events and I've gone past the 'group hug' / person centered approach to folk so if my bluntness offends put me on ignore.
It doesn’t matter how long you’ve lived or what you’ve experienced, it still doesn’t give you license to be an hole. You were being plain rude, adding a daft 😈 emoji to your post and everything. If you’re so old, maybe try acting your age.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.